Software Update to Boost Kinect's Camera?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Eurogamer reports Microsoft is working on an update to Kinect’s camera system, enabling more detailed body movement detection. Is it possible that Steve’s article on Kinect is one step closer to fruition? :D
The Kinect system is currently able to pick up and track 48 points on each player's body, though Microsoft's algorithms treat the hands as a single, solid pointing device within the system's natural user interface

I think this is where Kinect goes from copycat tech to trying to actually innovate. Sure there is benefits in the actual consumer market, but I suspect they are inspired by the hackers who are fucking with Kinect and making cool stuff like stereoscopic environments when using 2 together, etc.

This shit just got real?

The restriction is in fact one player and 6 feet. One person can definitely exhibit a full range of motion in less than 6 feet.

I think this is where Kinect goes from copycat tech to trying to actually innovate. Sure there is benefits in the actual consumer market, but I suspect they are inspired by the hackers who are fucking with Kinect and making cool stuff like stereoscopic environments when using 2 together, etc.

This shit just got real?

How about the universities using it for robotics or people using it for the Minority Report GUI?

Back