parrot1553
n00b
- Joined
- Apr 4, 2012
- Messages
- 8
hi guys,I have bought a new pc,I knew the cpu isnt overclockable,so i decided to buy an not-overclockable mobo too.
core i3 2120 3.3ghz
P8h61m-lx
8GB ddr3
GTX 480
1000w psu(future proof)
So far all games are running amazingly smooth at max settings.I can overclock the video card but most games i play are cpu bound.I am very power hungry tho
So my question is,is it possible to overclock my cpu with some software tool,like cpufsb,or clockgen.I read in a lot of posts "how to overclock ur laptop" cuz laptops usually are locked to stock too.I am a bit afraid to experiment,I have been overclocking a lot my old pc,but it was amd and its complete different thing.Also is there any chance i would damage my pc if i try one of these software tools?or I could just test all of em ^^
core i3 2120 3.3ghz
P8h61m-lx
8GB ddr3
GTX 480
1000w psu(future proof)
So far all games are running amazingly smooth at max settings.I can overclock the video card but most games i play are cpu bound.I am very power hungry tho