Software Installation Protocall

keithallenlaw

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 4, 2008
Messages
238
Greetings.

Is there any guidelines to software installation? Mainly optimum loading order?
I have new Maximus VII Hero. Does a person need to install the disk software
in the order on the disk? Windows wont obviously let me install completely
because there are no net drivers. So I just installed the net drivers only, so
windows can finish it's authentication process. Then after all the W7U updates,
Java, and Adobe I finished installing chipset drivers and the other drivers.

Things seem buggy in Windows. I'm tempted to wipe and reload.

Forgot to mention the 1st thing I did was flash bios to the latest version.
Then Windows-->net drivers-->finished Windows-->chipset drivers-->
rest of Asus disk-->SSD software-->NVidia drivers/software.

Thanks for you time. -keith
 
Drivers generally aren't picky about order these days (and for a good while now), but I still typically start with chipset drivers when available. It's not really important to do so, though. You can install the LAN driver first, VGA first, whatever. If Windows boots then your SATA controller is fine, but yes, install the drivers for it when you can.

Flashing BIOS first is good though not necessary. Hopefully you set it into RAID or AHCI mode when doing so (really you should have reset your BIOS to optimized defaults and then changed the stuff you want to).

You can install software before drivers if the machine is working. I usually don't but it won't be a problem.

If your machine is working, then the way you installed things was good enough.
 
After installing NVidia software/drivers and E11, things started getting buggy.
Like another program opening when clicking another one. Keyboard doing
wrong commands and such. Weird stuff.

Thanks.
 
Back
Top