Software Calibration Roundup

I just bought a X-rite Eye One Display 2 calibrator that has the Eye Match software bundled with it.

It's good and easy to use but the final result page graph does not show where it stands in regards to SRGB Adobe RGB etc.

Also no DE score :X

I heard the NEC Spectra View II calibrator software was very good. But when I tried to install Spectra View II software, i found out it does not support monitors that are not NEC.....

So the software i am looking at now is the Basiccolor Display version 4.1.8

Is the later better then the Eye Match software ? :confused:

I think so, but opinions differ. But that's free vs. pay software and that should be expected.

I just bought a X-rite Eye One Display 2 calibrator that has the Eye Match software bundled with it.

It's good and easy to use but the final result page graph does not show where it stands in regards to SRGB Adobe RGB etc.

Also no DE score :X

I heard the NEC Spectra View II calibrator software was very good. But when I tried to install Spectra View II software, i found out it does not support monitors that are not NEC.....

So the software i am looking at now is the Basiccolor Display version 4.1.8

Is the later better then the Eye Match software ? :confused:

I just bought the basICColor software.

Well it shows more information. It's more complex to use too :rolleyes:

Hopefully that just means it will offer better results.

I will post some screenshots shortly.

The results

I reset to factory settings which were all 50 before i ran the calibration process. I followed the software instructions and set the following below to meet the target.

red 18

green 23

blue 50

brightness 22

Did i do this correctly :confused: I was using an Eye one display 2 calibrator on a Dell 2405 FPW lcd monitor.

I am also curious what this means for the eye match features

New gamut mapping included.
The new Colorful Gamut mapping from Profile Maker 5.05 is now used in Eye-One Match.

Source: http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/reviews/eye-one_match_update.html

Does it mean it can do standard and wide gamut calibrations or something ? Can the colorbasic do that too :confused:

Back