SOF:Payback...worst game ever?

koopaGG

2[H]4U
Seriously guys I think I'd rather whip out the Atari and play ET over this junk. I can't believe they would soil Soldier of Fortune's name like that. :mad::mad::mad:

I'm pretty sure Extreme Paintbrawl is my vote for worst game ever but I had a feeling this new SOF game would suck balls from day one. Looks like I'm right.

Haven't played Jericho yet, But this is the worst fps game I have ever played. Almost makes me want to goto activision and get my own payback. ;)

Man, I was gunna get it to. SOF1 and 2 were awesome. Guess I'll save the green.

some people liked it but whats the deal?
I mean whats bad just weak play or suck levels or?

Well with people saying worst game ever.. it would probably indicate that everything is bad about it.

They don't like it because the graphics are up to date.

It's not much different than SOF1+2, I don't know why people are hating so bad on it.

Try to remember this is the [H]ard|Forum... where it isn't good enough unless it's Crysis. Much like a few years ago where it wasn't good unless it was Doom 3.

Its not that bad. I havent put much effort into playing it so I haven't beat the first level. It's fun to blow people away as usual. Not a bad game for the price ($39)

Gotta love how not one person posted a reason here...

I feel that its pretty much the same old same old SOF style corridor shooting,

A few things I like about it, there are alot of guns to choose from right off the bat which is cool. As for gore, there are quite a few hit points, you can detach people at the knees & elbows as well and blow their heads off so that their jaw remains but it doesnt seem as gory as SOF2. Its also the best looking one thats for sure.

Its not the worst game ever, in fact it's not even a bad game, i'd say it's average.

They don't like it because the graphics are up to date.

It's not much different than SOF1+2, I don't know why people are hating so bad on it.

Try to remember this is the [H]ard|Forum... where it isn't good enough unless it's Crysis. Much like a few years ago where it wasn't good unless it was Doom 3.

No, it's not like SOF1 and 2.

For one thing, SoF2 already had fairly average voice acting, but they somehow managed to create some of the worst voice acting I've ever heard with this title, and you only have to play single player for 5 seconds to get that.

The guns don't feel right at all.

Probably one of the most ridiculous ports I've ever seen. To adjust the mouse you adjust X and Y axis? lol... Only resolution settings and thats it? Not even graphics settings for low/medium/high.

NO CHAT/TEAM CHAT IN MULTIPLAYER?!?! WTF WERE THEY THINKING?!

The levels are crap.

The jumping system is horrible.

I don't want to go into a lot more detail unless I have too, but theres a few reasons this game blows.

this is a shame, i really loved sof 1 & 2 and was hoping they could do something really cool with todays tech.

I have read that the AI will melee close up even thought they have a perfectly good AK in their hands. AI will line up front to back and you can shave them off at the neck with some ridiculously powerful guns.

I have read that the AI will melee close up even thought they have a perfectly good AK in their hands. AI will line up front to back and you can shave them off at the neck with some ridiculously powerful guns.

I can confirm both of those points. As well as the fact: the game blows. I won't repeat all the reasons that I posted in another thread, but they pretty much agree with Killa_2327's list.

In a way, I felt sorry for the game to get developed by Activision Value instead of a full fledge developer:(

I hope someday a proper developer will revive the series and make a proper SoF 3

Its a damned SHAME that they take a crap on the SoF name like this. The SoF series has quite a large fanbase, and the SoF franchise was a respectable one.

Its really such a stupid decision to ruin the SoF franchise name like this, they should have just called paypack by some other shitty generic fps name.

Well I wouldn't get all in a huff over it, as with 50%+ games out there are usually never right the first time...patch, patch, patch.

This seems to be the pattern with every game (aside from Crysis and Bioshock) that came out in the past 7 years... nothing is good anymore, every game that comes out these days sucks

I miss the days of D2, RA2, UT99, The Neverhood, Fallout... those were the days

Sounds to me like we are not playing the same game.

How much of the game have you played? I had a bad first impression but honestly I feel this game is alot like the previous SOF games. They added in a few things that seem ripped out of COD like having no life bar and having to judge your health status on the onscreen effects, but the addition of the ironsights was good. While it's not as good as SOF2 it's still familiar territory.

I have to agree with the poster who said the voice acting is pretty bad. The character who voiced John Mullins did a great job in the past 2 games.

Seriously guys I think I'd rather whip out the Atari and play ET over this junk.
My goodness, I didn't think it could get any worse than that game! I think Journey was pretty high on the list of the worst Atari games ever as well.

I think the biggest setback here is that the graphics quality cannot be tweaked.

Being a budget title, they should have known that many user who picks this game up doesn't have a top notch system. It's requirement is very steep for a value title, and it could have been much lower had the graphics quality been tweak-able

Am I the only one who likes this game ? = /
Graphics for me atleast are pretty good... not top noch but equal to HL2 for me

The physics are solid (not great tho)... I love placing a granade on a group of enemys and see their limbs fly away later in a cloud of dust smoke and blood

Feels alot more like the first SoF for me, and I like that... I didn't like the second one too much... besides the dmg sistem I though the missions where horrible, the recoil was awfull

Speaking of the gore system, they did a great job on that area. If you were a big fan of SOF mainly because of the gore then you will not be disappointed. This games got some great corpse mutilation. The death animations are really good as well, you can stab a guy in the neck and watch him struggle to hold his wound while he bleeds out.

Not to mention, taking the SAW into the level and watching the limbs fly was one of my all time favorite gaming experiences! The grenade launcher kicks ass too

Speaking of the gore system, they did a great job on that area. If you were a big fan of SOF mainly because of the gore then you will not be disappointed. This games got some great corpse mutilation. The death animations are really good as well, you can stab a guy in the neck and watch him struggle to hold his wound while he bleeds out.

Not to mention, taking the SAW into the level and watching the limbs fly was one of my all time favorite gaming experiences! The grenade launcher kicks ass too

Really? Because for the few seconds I was able to play the game without it crashing, I used a shotgun to vaporize a man. I had no idea a shotgun blast at ten feet would reduce a man to a mist of blood. :confused:

Let's face it, in todays gaming (read FPS) world this game SUCKS! PERIOD! And to think I paid lots of money for it too. Stupid me. I remember the previous two games and I was excited. They got me. The bastards.

Here's some reasons:

1. No CD key, bring on the cheaters and team killers and general asshats.

2. No anti-cheat support like PunkBuster.

3. Multiple bugs including a memory leak under Vista causing crashes.

4. No lean.

5. No chat in MP.

6. No graphics customizing options.

7. Hardly resembles the first two titles that were very popular with fans.

8. Etc, etc, etc. There's more trust me.

Back