Socket 939 recommendations

spugnor

[H]F Junkie
Okay, having settled on socket 939, i am now in need of motherboard recommendations. Please, when recommending a board, tell why. Stability is key for me, as well as SLI down the road. (looking at the X2, so any issues with that should be mentioned as well) Thanks in advance to all who reply. :)

Epox. Why? Because you mentioned stability. Epox boards that i know are rock stable. They are also usually in the top 3 speedwise and overclocking them is a pleasure.

Oh and they're usually around 30-70 bucks cheaper than Asus boards without compromising on anything.

ASUS thats all you need to know. Look at my sig. My deluxe has always been a pleasure to work with, SLI is a breeze, solid as a rock.

Ive read up on the new dual 16x pci-e lanes, at this point there doesnt seem to be any advantage in speed over the 8x A8n deluxe or premium boards. Most folks I know use the premium board due to some northbridge fan problems in the past, but a new fan model has fixed that concern.
these boards are dual processor compatible.

another vote for the a8n32! Rock stable at 3ghz. 2nd place would goto Epox, my last board was an epox and i loved it.

is there any immediate benefit of having the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe over the basic A8N-SLI?

The Deluxe has an extra SATA controller and a 2nd GbE...maybe firewire not included on vanilla A8N-SLI.

Back