Soapbox - is it any good?

Is soapbox like the good 'ol days of the internet

• Total voters
Tread lightly, leave your ego and sarcasm at the door, and it's not too bad. If I'm not fairly confident I keep my mouth shut for the most part, which is probably for the best. Most important is to be willing to at least look at information you are given, and provide sources if you have them. Most threads which lack that quickly become shouting matches.

Nope. Not here. You can post sources with content relevant to what you're saying but we still have people here and their followers that get off on saying you're wrong without any relevant content of their own.

The political memes thread makes it worth it. Other than that, I'll pop in on a thread here and there but usually I'm just there for the memes.

It's well worth it. Just make sure to read the rules and not bumble on on with Facebook style posts first ;). So many people come in with just flaming opinions and no evidence, then start cursing (30 day ban for cursing on there) and whine they got kicked :).

Also genmay rocks.

Last edited:
I think it's good but make sure you follow the rules. It's probably one of the best political discussion places I've joined thanks to smart rules and moderation, and there is no sort of nonsense censorship like on places like reddit,Facebook.

It's good for the memes and discussions.
Just remember no cussing or attacking a member.
You will find the occasional political, religious or irreligious evangelist nut that tries, ham fisted, to change peoples minds but they are rare and easy to get rid of.
Just let them get to their point, then use logic to get them cussing or attacking. Problem solved.
No one reading your thread is going change their political or religious views.

If you like a reasonably moderated political discussion forum, yes, yes it is.

If you easily devolve into shouting, name calling, cursing, insulting, or anything else that disproportionately vexes the Admins' patience, you get the hammer.

If your politics lean Right you'll meet a lot of like-minded people. Leftists are scarce, though a few pop in from time to time. I think it's worth the $10 or $15 I paid for lifetime membership. (y)

If your politics lean Right you'll meet a lot of like-minded people. Leftists are scarce, though a few pop in from time to time. I think it's worth the $10 or $15 I paid for lifetime membership. (y)
Maybe this just means people are getting their mental illness treated?

Political memes thread is money.

Back