So who's getting mass effect

Techx

Supreme [H]ardness
and should i even bother with it? I want a new pc game to mess with.. I think I might be bored with too much rpg'ish dialog :(

Sure am, it sounds like a classic amazing bioware game. Even their "bad" games (jade empire blow other RPGs out of the water in my opinion.

Ive never played a bioware game that i didnt love, so i sure will be picking this up, then it will eat my life for the next two months

Bioware, Blizzard, and Valve are the three studios where I will buy whatever they put out. So far this stratagy hasn't let me down. TF2 was way better than I was expecting it to be.

I was going to get this even though I'd already beat it on the 360 (rental)... but have changed my mind since.

Bioware, Blizzard, and Valve are the three studios where I will buy whatever they put out. So far this stratagy hasn't let me down. TF2 was way better than I was expecting it to be.

Agreed, TF2 is a must have fun FPS IMO.

On topic, I don't think I'll be getting it, I saw how it was like on the 360, just didn't appeal to me.

I'm going to pick it up for a friend as I have played through three times already on the 360. ;)

This is probably going to sound like I am a viral marketer, but I thought It was fantastic on the 360. If you haven't played it yet, I would recommend it. It is not without flaws, but it is a great game with a compelling story and superb dialog.

This is probably going to sound like I am a viral marketer, but I thought It was fantastic on the 360. If you haven't played it yet, I would recommend it. It is not without flaws, but it is a great game with a compelling story and superb dialog.

Viral marketing alert!! :D, haha just kidding ;)

I'm going to buy it. Even if it means I have to haul my desktop to a friend's to get it activated.

Ditto, excepting World of Warcraft & Sonic Chronicles: the Dark Brotherhood. Just not my thing.

Mass Effect was one of my most anticipated games for the 360. I picked it up on day 1 and after about 6 hours hated it. I sold it on Craigslist a few days later - supremely disappointed.

That said, it sounds like they fixed a lot of my major gripes with this PC version, and as before I will be getting it on day 1. :)

Mass effect is an incredible game on the 360. I would love to see it in higher res, and will probably play it on my pc.

I have the game on pre-order from Amazon, I'll probably won't be installing it for a while since I'm to busy with a replay of Morrowind and want to see how the DRM plays out.

I beat it twice already on 360 and would love to go through it again at a better quality. Game is easily one of my all time favorites.

I rented it from gamefly when I had my x360. I couldnt get past the first damn mission LOL. You couldn't save mid mission so every time I would die at the end I'd have to tart over, I eventually gave up. I was disappointed because I loved the game up to that point. Was there some sort of combat training I missed that I could have done in the game because I totally sucked at it and thats the only thing that ruined it for me. Up to that point I loved the game, story, visuals...

I have the game on pre-order from Amazon, I'll probably won't be installing it for a while since I'm to busy with a replay of Morrowind and want to see how the DRM plays out.

If all it has to do is log on to some secure site and verify the installation then I don't see the issue with it. Steam already has a similar thing in place and nobody gets up in arms over that anymore (now that pretty much all its bugs are worked out). As long as they didn't consult SONY during the development process and it doesn't install some rediculous rootkit I'm fine with it. Really they should have just released it through steam if anything.

Can't say I will, I loved it on 360, but i hear dit'll have secure rom and I already beat it and payed 60 bucks for it already. So I'll pass on this PC version I think. Too bad none of the updates were in the 360 version. Those bastards.

I will. Hopefully they don't accidentally release an Alpha build like they have for every other game they've made.

I will. Hopefully they don't accidentally release an Alpha build like they have for every other game they've made.

Hopefully the alpha was the 360 version. :p It is a shame we had to wait so long to get ours. I pre-ordered at GameStop and got $10 off, so that helps ease the pain.

I pre-oredered it a couple weeks ago.. I still need to beat Assasins Creed for PC (near th end) before next week but I got sucked back in to TF2

I'll be getting it. I need another RPG after finishing The Witcher (magnificient, epic game btw) RPGs on the PC are few and far between these days.

I played on the 360, and the way the facial expressions were just bothered me. They looked like they were trying to hard, but they sucked. That and the fact the voice overs were basically monotone, and emtionless. I would have liked cinematics better then the way this game was setup. I could only get to like 6 hours in before I had to quit

I will be picking this up. I was about to get a 360 for this game but I decided to wait.

I've beat it three times on the 360, second time was accidentally on normal setting again. I might pick it up down the road when its a budget PC game and maybe in the meanwhile I'll beat it a time or two more on 360.

It was an excellent game. I can't wait for Mass Effect 2 and 3.

I'm one of those suckers that went and bought a 360 just so I could play ME (what can I say, I'm a Bioware fanboy).

The game is fantastic but I really can't stand playing games on a controller. It feels so un-natural after playing keyboard and mouse all these years. Anyways, when they announced that ME was coming to PC I stopped playing the 360 version. Got the PC version pre-ordered and eagerly waiting for next week. Sorta glad I didn't have a lot of time to play as I never did end up finishing the game, so at least the latter part of the game on the PC will be all new to me.

I haven't turned on my 360 since January.

I own the 360 version and its a quality game. Great story, gameplay, and graphics.

I'm one of those suckers that went and bought a 360 just so I could play ME (what can I say, I'm a Bioware fanboy).

The game is fantastic but I really can't stand playing games on a controller.

I haven't turned on my 360 since January.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Mass Effect almost tempted me to the dark side of consoles, but I hate the controllers too. And so far, every single "console exclusive" game that I've wanted has eventually turned up on PC. A lot of times, the PC version also has bug-fixes and extra content, so I don't mind the wait.

I rented it from gamefly when I had my x360. I couldnt get past the first damn mission LOL. You couldn't save mid mission so every time I would die at the end I'd have to tart over, I eventually gave up. I was disappointed because I loved the game up to that point. Was there some sort of combat training I missed that I could have done in the game because I totally sucked at it and thats the only thing that ruined it for me. Up to that point I loved the game, story, visuals...

You can save at any point during a mission. It's just that you have to make sure there are no enemies around before doing so. ie. radar showing no red dots.

Ive already beaten it a couple times on 360. All i have to say is, the entire ending sequence is 100% out of control. Might be the best ending to a game ive played.

Back