So who went to MC today to get their SB cpu.

Which Frys did you call? I'm assuming you mean either Manhattan Beach or Burbank.

I went to the MB Fry's and picked up a 2500k (219) + Asus P67 Pro (189) + 8 GB Corsair kit (129 - 25 MIR) for around $590 with tax. I promptly got in the customer service line and then ask them to price match the MC ad I printed. The lady I had was unable to find it on the website after searching for 10 min so she called them up and verified the price. MC in Tustin was out of stock, but she said she'd price match anyway so I got it for 179 (100% not 110% but whatever, that's like $5 and I wasn't going to ask since she was being nice enough to match). Total damage out the door was ~$550.

Fry's said they would actually price match Microcenter? I was told explicitly they would not price match Microcenter this morning. I had a 2600K and was expecting a price match, but the guy said they would not do it for processors. :(

Manhattan beach said no way. I called City of Industry and the guy I spoke to had only 5 in stock which was sold out, he proceeded to tell me that all other Fry's in the area had only 5 in stock as well(2600k). He told me to call Fountain Valley for a price match, since they'll do it. So, I finally talked to somebody at Fountain Valley, she took my name and number down along with a brief note of my inquiry. I got the call back from Components and the guy was jibber jabbering about how Fry's prices were better than Microcenter, other than the CPU. He said the CPU would not be price matched. I responded with a "BS" tone and told him i've gotten i7's price matched before and he kept jibber jabbering and proceeded to say they're sold out and then asked his manager if the price match would be honored. He came back on the phone and told me to call back next week and that they will honor a price match when they get the processors back in stock.

If Manhattan Beach still has 2600k's in stock and are willing to price match, i'll go there this instant with MC's print out.

Manhattan beach said no way. I called City of Industry and the guy I spoke to had only 5 in stock which was sold out, he proceeded to tell me that all other Fry's in the area had only 5 in stock as well(2600k). He told me to call Fountain Valley for a price match, since they'll do it. So, I finally talked to somebody at Fountain Valley, she took my name and number down along with a brief note of my inquiry. I got the call back from Components and the guy was jibber jabbering about how Fry's prices were better than Microcenter, other than the CPU. He said the CPU would not be price matched. I responded with a "BS" tone and told him i've gotten i7's price matched before and he kept jibber jabbering and proceeded to say they're sold out and then asked his manager if the price match would be honored. He came back on the phone and told me to call back next week and that they will honor a price match when they get the processors back in stock.

If Manhattan Beach still has 2600k's in stock and are willing to price match, i'll go there this instant with MC's print out.

I'm not sure if Frys in MB have any 2600k's in stock. I didn't ask since I didn't feel the extra $ was justified in a 100Mhz clock bump, HT, and extra cache since what I do doesn't really need it. Price/performance I think an overclocked i5-2500k for $179 is an outrageous deal. I did just go back to Frys and had them price match my memory though - $15 off even though NewEgg had an extra $15 promo code but the ASSistant manager said "we won't match that promo". Still with my $25 MIR it comes out about $10 cheaper than the 'egg. If you do go tonight I'd say its worth a shot but I can't say you'll get it since it seems I just got lucky with the person I had. If you get the assistant manager, or the guy (idiot) that helped me before the assistant manager you'll likely not get it price matched IMO.

The salesman said they would not match at 9 am at frys because microcenter said sold out online, and they were not open so they couldn't be sold out technically. So I said to hell with it and bought the 2500k, then simply went to customer service and told him microcenter had it for 40 dollars cheaper and the manager said it's fine. I was cringing when it showed the out of stock part on the site when he printed the page but maybe he missed it, he was thinking about other things, lol. Got my 40 dollars back though.

I work at BB and I figured with the return volume after the holidays they will miss little things like that and I got lucky I guess. Try to do it when they are swamped. The wait may suck, but they want to get done quickly so if a manager is around they will probably just override it to get you out the door.

well that sucks that not everyone was able to get their cpu.

Hopefully you will find one in stock soon.

I can tell you there was at least 25 angry people in line at MC at the VA location this morning. Luckily I did the online pickup at 8am this morning and got my confirmation at 9:45am. Went over early to let everyone in line know, luckily this one guy who got there 2 hours before the store open got his despite not reserving it. Would have sucked for him since it was a nice balmy 24F outside.

picked up a 2500k and asus p6p67 pro but i cant get the thing to go past 33 multi. updated the bios to newest beta and no matter what i select stays at 33.

I can tell you there was at least 25 angry people in line at MC at the VA location this morning. Luckily I did the online pickup at 8am this morning and got my confirmation at 9:45am. Went over early to let everyone in line know, luckily this one guy who got there 2 hours before the store open got his despite not reserving it. Would have sucked for him since it was a nice balmy 24F outside.
they were angry, but at least they didnt push or shove or shout

No, Fairfax, VA. I walked straight to the internet sales counter and they had the shelves covered in all the ordered processors and mobos- a sheet of paper under each with the customer's name printed large so they could easily find it. Apparently this store is one of the more organized considering what some of you are seeing.
yep, the preorders were organized, but the store is a mess :)

My brother and I took a trip to the Cincinnati MC, he picked up the 2500k and p8p67 mobo combo for $300. He's building a new rig to replace his Phenom 9850 rig. I debated and debated but ultimately decided to rock my 1090t.

well, I guess I don't feel so bad being stuck in a hotel doing some annual continuing education this weekend:D I'll just wait till the smoke clears and the supply approaches demand.

My reservation got canceled too. Got the same message. I'm pissed! Why they have a reservation option if they not going to honor it. Tried to call the store (Santa Clara, CA), and they disable the phone system. Can't even reach anyone. POS! You guys know if MC will still have the promotional price for the 2500k for a while or they will stop the discount soon?

I ended up going there and picking up a 2500k and a Asus Deluxe board...

Any ideas on how long the MC sale will last? Anyone who wasnt able to get one, were you able to get a rain check?

Got a 4 SB CPUs today. Went to MC Richardson, TX. Pre-ordered on website for 2500k & 2600k, Went to Frys at 10am, got 2500k & 2600k and they pricematched MC. Picked up MC items. Will keep both 2600k, but don't know if want both 2500k. Will benchmark and keep the better of the 2...

Already had 2 Asus P8P67 Deluxe and 1 Sabertooth P67. Still waiting on Asus Maximus IV, that should arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

Well post some Benchmarks if I get the chance on Monday...

Where'd you get the Sabertooth P67 and how much?

Any ideas on how long the MC sale will last? Anyone who wasnt able to get one, were you able to get a rain check?

I'm sure it'll last awhile, may go on and off a few times, they always discount the latest intel processors pretty decent.

Picked up a 2500K & the MSI GD65 just to try something different.. I've gone ASUS many times in the past though.. The Metro Atlanta MC (Marietta) was pre-sold out of the 2600K's before they even opened.. There were 2 2500k's left around noon so I called and the sales person set one aside for me.. They had plenty of boards and versions of each though Asus, MSI, Gigabyte..

So far so good.. Got it together but haven't really benched or pushed it yet..

I went to the MC in Chicago in the early afternoon. As I expected, it was quite crowded, though not everyone seemed to be there for the Sandy Bridge CPUs. After I picked up my 2500K, my friend and I just looked around, though he was a little jealous (He is currently running a Phenom X4 9650) but needless to say we had fun gawking at some of the huge cases in particular.

I also just finished my new (and first!) rig, and there were many hurdles. Particularly, the CM Hyper 212 was far from beginner friendly. Forcing those standoffs in and installing the backplate was a pain in the rear. I also sort of mucked up the thermal paste, possibly. I used the three line method, but there seems to be some excess. Thus my CPU temperatures are 28-32 C in idle. I wonder if there is a way to improve this without reseating the damn thing as I do want a decent overclock down the line.

Also.. Forgot to mention.. About 20 mins after I got there the stores credit card authorization system went down and remained down.. the line was insane.. they literally had to manually write down all the order information SKU by SKU and do a credit card imprint..

I slept in today went down to the computer and started to check on the SB buzz. I had wanted to get the Asus P8P67 regular board and a 2500K. Checked prices at Newegg vs Microcenter and saw they had the same price $159.99. Found the new 2400 and 2500K iCore5 on MC website finally and seen they had 5 2500K and 20+ of the 2400. I started debating on whether I should go over there or wait for more results first. Then I saw on the Hot Deals section about a bundle price. That got me back on the MC website looking for it. Sure enough they had the Icore5 2500K and a Asus P8P67 for $299.99. Tried to add it to cart but it would not take. Went and checked the Icore5 2500K and they were down to 3 left. I jumped in the car and drove down to the Brentwood store in St. Louis and picked up a bundle for $328 out the door.

I have only been playing with it a little bit because I had some other things to do today. Trying to get used to the the new BIOS, which is terrible IMHO. So far I have ran it up to 4.7Ghz with only the Turbo multiplier changed. Did a Cinebench 11 score of 6.75. My E8400 at 4Ghz does a score of 2.25 for example.

I have noticed that while running Cinebench 11 that the CPU voltage is jumps tp 1.416v according to CPUz. Right now the Asus motherboard is ramping the voltage up on it's own. I haven't really done any orthos stress testing so nothing to report yet. This is with less than an hour of run time.

I slept in today went down to the computer and started to check on the SB buzz. I had wanted to get the Asus P8P67 regular board and a 2500K. Checked prices at Newegg vs Microcenter and saw they had the same price $159.99. Found the new 2400 and 2500K iCore5 on MC website finally and seen they had 5 2500K and 20+ of the 2400. I started debating on whether I should go over there or wait for more results first. Then I saw on the Hot Deals section about a bundle price. That got me back on the MC website looking for it. Sure enough they had the Icore5 2500K and a Asus P8P67 for $299.99. Tried to add it to cart but it would not take. Went and checked the Icore5 2500K and they were down to 3 left. I jumped in the car and drove down to the Brentwood store in St. Louis and picked up a bundle for $328 out the door.

I have only been playing with it a little bit because I had some other things to do today. Trying to get used to the the new BIOS, which is terrible IMHO. So far I have ran it up to 4.7Ghz with only the Turbo multiplier changed. Did a Cinebench 11 score of 6.75. My E8400 at 4Ghz does a score of 2.25 for example.

I have noticed that while running Cinebench 11 that the CPU voltage is jumps tp 1.416v according to CPUz. Right now the Asus motherboard is ramping the voltage up on it's own. I haven't really done any orthos stress testing so nothing to report yet. This is with less than an hour of run time.

Wow, we must have just missed each other, not that we would of known each other. I was at the same store and when I bought mine there were 4 2500K's in the case, after mine there were 3.

I didn't want the regular P8P67 board, I actually wanted the pro but they were out. I ended up with the Deluxe.

I tried doing an online reservation this morning, but had trouble getting it to go through. Finally got an email confirmation that my i5 2500k and P8P67 Deluxe were ready for pickup, so went out in the snowstorm and drove 45 minutes to the store in Richardson Texas (ironic, huh...snowstorm in Texas). Got to the store and they only had my processor, forgot to pull the motherboard on my online order and were sold out of all Asus motherboards. I took the processor and ordered the motherboard and Ram from the Egg. Bummer, gonna have to look at this processor box for another 3 or 4 days before I can put it to use.

at least you dont have to wait another week.

I spent the last of my cash to buy the cpu before they sold out everywhere.

if the car didnt need brakes i'd at least have a bare bones system up and running.

The box makes for a nice desk decoration though

Went up to St Louis Park's MC in Minneapolis... ended up doing a rush order/pickup via web over phone as their site was crashing... Dechache who was along for the ride, pulled up their inventory as i was in the process of checking out and it showed 0 available... Guess I got lucky and ordered the last one they had on hand.. Store was busy but they did have their pickups organized.

Back