So, who has an X2 on preorder?

EnderW

[H]F Junkie
I'm waiting on my 4400+ from tigerdirect. Anyone else order one yet?

not me! M2 is next up ;)

good luck with that though.. i personally dislike monarch's preorders, though they do get you a cpu wicked fast :D
and.. i didn't know TD had em yet

(cf)Eclipse said:
not me! M2 is next up ;)

good luck with that though.. i personally dislike monarch's preorders, though they do get you a cpu wicked fast :D
and.. i didn't know TD had em yet

I'm with him ;) :)

Well, I'm planning on ordereing either the 4400+ or the 4800+ from Monarch Computers. I say something is fishy with TigerDirect. They are advertising theirs as retail, I even emailed them and they responded and said yes theirs were retail with a fan. I can't believe this because AMD is only releasing OEM's right now (from what I've read). Plus, I got a email from TigerDirect about the pre-order and they priced them for one price in that email and have already went up on the price.

If I can sell my FX-55 I'm getting a new X2 :)

DejaWiz said:
All from Monarch:
4200 Retail
4400 Retail
4600 Retail
4800 Retail

They have all of the OEM variants as well.

Yes, and that's for a MONTH away also...I'm talking about right now. I called Monarch and asked them which X2's they would be getting in and they quote said "These will be OEM's...AMD does not have the retail cpu's available yet".

What I was saying is that Monarch and TigerDirect are both advertising X2's for like June 16th and Tiger is saying theirs will be retail and Monarch says they don't know how Tiger is saying that, because the retails aren't released yet.

So, who knows :confused:

Tiger Direct has always been a little more shady than most other places I've dealt with. IMHO...They strike me as the type of company that would say anything to make a buck.

I'll probably get the 4400+ and replace this Winchester I have now :). I just don't know if I want to spend $600 for a CPU right now when I'm using this crappy vid card :eek: .

Just got an e-mail from Tiger Direct that my 4400+ has been shipped and should be here on Thursday - the same day my P180 and A8N Premium are supposed to arrive.
:D :D :D :D

I'm not on the preorder list for the X2, but I am posting from a Dual Opteron 265 box ; ) (Yay four cores!)

As you can tell, I'm a core junkie (really helps for my line of work). For all the X2 doubters out there, let me just say this: "Once you go dual, you never go back."

EnderW said:
Just got an e-mail from Tiger Direct that my 4400+ has been shipped and should be here on Thursday - the same day my P180 and A8N Premium are supposed to arrive.
:D :D :D :D

Awesome!! the next few days are gonna go really slow for you I can tell..

I sooooo want to get an X2, but.. and this is a big BUT I want it for an SFF system. Grr.. and there are no decent SFF boards out right now so I'm a bit bummed.

Man... X2 is too expensive for me therefore FX 55 performs better than X2 in gaming for less. Actually, I am not multi-taskin person.

I could get them at the following prices. (all in canadian value in american on right)

4200+ $703.19 (CAD) 561.723 (USD)
4400+ $762.00 (CAD) 608.606 USD
4600+ $1,052.11 (CAD) 840.315 USD
4800+ $1,311.45 (CAD) 1,047.54 USD

Intresting how the price skyrockets at the 4600+

thinking of getting a 4400+

Shapeshifter said:
I could get them at the following prices. (all in canadian value in american on right)

4400+ is the sweet spot right now I'd say.

Shapeshifter said:

Where can you get them at these prices?

Shapeshifter said:
a supplier (techdata.ca) you have to have a busniess to be able to sign up/use them.

Don't they also require that your purchases be for resell and not personal use?

Wow, with the distributor prices that high, I wonder how much the retail markup is going to be.

so if im not mistaken a x2 4400+ is basically 2 3700+ San Diegos mashed together??? wow, sounds like fun!! lol...kinda wished i waited for these now

p0tempkin said:
Don't they also require that your purchases be for resell and not personal use?

Wow, with the distributor prices that high, I wonder how much the retail markup is going to be.

:rolleyes: I buy it from the supplier, then I buy it from our store, but at a discount rate to myself (aka I don't mark it up) :eek:

lcboyee1123 said:
so...could u get us a hook up?? not mark up prices for the [H] forum members?? :p

Monarchcomputers has the X2's close to retail value. About a $15-20 markup.

what's so great about those prices?
I paid like $560 shipped for my 4400+ from Tiger Direct

I place an order on AMD Athlon64 X2 4400+ on June 6 with Global Computer (aka Tiger Direct) for $546. I'm still waiting, checking the order status everyday, still backordered!!! :(

Look what Mr. FedEx brought this morning!

A64-4800.jpg

thats a lot of bucks. Damn install that puppy and lets see how it does.....

I was gonna build a new PC for BF 2 but I'm going to wait a while now....too much new tech in the pipeline. When the X2 comes down to 300 bucks maybe I'll do my build then.

Selecter said:
thats a lot of bucks. Damn install that puppy and lets see how it does.....

I was gonna build a new PC for BF 2 but I'm going to wait a while now....too much new tech in the pipeline. When the X2 comes down to 300 bucks maybe I'll do my build then.

I could see the 4200+ dropping there within 6 months.

yeah, thats the same amount of time it will take for EA to get all the bugs worked out of BF 2 LOL

RAM is wonderfully cheap right now....I better buy 2 GB of that now and not take chances.

Got mine Thursday, should have it up and running tonight or tomorrow.

My X2 4400 OEM package

Closeup of the label

CPU

Awsome guys!
The people who have gotten theirs are you planning to OC them? I would like to know what these puppies can do on air. Or if anyone knows any reviews that OC on air would be cool too.
Happy OCing :)

just so you guys know, i edited the first post of my revE oc'ing guide to include a short bit on manchester and toledo. those of you who overclock your X2's PLEASE!!! post in the thread :D

Just checked Monarch's site and they took off all the OEM X2's, so all that's left are those retail X2's due to ship July 6th. What happened, did they run out already? Or does AMD want to clear out retail before OEM?

You have to remember its up to AMD to give resellers the chips so if AMD says we will be giving you X more X2 OEM chips (im guessing they hit that limit) and now they are going to be doing retail kits. Another thing to remember AMD is very small compared to Intel so they can't produce as many as fast. So in all Im guessing they hit a cap and dont want to allow more people to preorder for the time being. Just my 2cents

Edit: Also explains their "First come first server" quote

Back