So when will the war start?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You would have to be a tool (willful and/or ignorant) at this point to buy anything related to Huawei in any way. Of course that has not stopped various European countries from continuing to embrace them with open arms.

well you either get stuff with nsa spyware built in or added after by one of thier teams intercepting your packages or buy some cheaper gear with chineses spyware embedded, pick your posion.

well you either get stuff with nsa spyware built in or added after by one of thier teams intercepting your packages or buy some cheaper gear with chineses spyware embedded, pick your posion.

if the majority of people knew what was really transpiring around them they'd flip out or run and hide. "They" can zoom in on a spoken conversation using an aircraft that's flying 100's of miles away (It has to be true, saw it on a TV commercial for hearing aids)

Not that I would expect you to actually back up your statement, so let's assume for a moment that everything you said was literally 100% true. I would "pick my poison" by choosing the country where freedom is such a core part of life that not even politicians can control what people say about them, as opposed to the country where if one even suspects you might disagree with them, all of a sudden you aren't allowed to travel or do other things you want to do anymore. Kind of crazy that there are still people out there that don't understand the difference. But hey, I bet your post boosted your social credit score in China.

The "war" has been going on for years with both Russia and China in the cyber battlefield. Just because bullets aren't being fired and bombs arn't being dropped, doesn't meant that there isn't active combat ongoing.

Not that I would expect you to actually back up your statement, so let's assume for a moment that everything you said was literally 100% true. I would "pick my poison" by choosing the country where freedom is such a core part of life that not even politicians can control what people say about them, as opposed to the country where if one even suspects you might disagree with them, all of a sudden you aren't allowed to travel or do other things you want to do anymore. Kind of crazy that there are still people out there that don't understand the difference. But hey, I bet your post boosted your social credit score in China.

So not the states? unless you mean corporate freedom to supress the working people...

and you are right its amazing how many peaople dont udnerstand freedom and in the name of freedom support politicians that are giving away there freedom to big corporations.

ok enough politican talk for now/ ima show myself out

I'll take China spying on me for $200 rather than US companies charging me 1k per phone, and the NSA spying on me.

I prefer to have the person spying on me not actually have physical control over me.

Call me crazy, or krazy.

So not the states? unless you mean corporate freedom to supress the working people...

and you are right its amazing how many peaople dont udnerstand freedom and in the name of freedom support politicians that are giving away there freedom to big corporations.

ok enough politican talk for now/ ima show myself out

How in the hell does a corporation take a freedom away from you? And no, lobbying to NOT pay for your healthcare is not denying you a "freedom". Love you kids raised on Hollywood where corporations are always the villains. Internet is not a human right, and Comcast charging your $60 a month for it is not a civil rights issue.

They make phones in Norway?

I already assume my data is going to be leaked by someone. It has already happened from major credit agencies, and the US government.

You can't go to war over most cyber operations, because then you would be at war with the rest of the world by next Tuesday. Instead, you launch your own counterattacks to keep the hurt going-round.

So the best you can do is pick-and-choose who you buy your devices from, and hope they don't get randomly monitored, hacked or trojaned, and check your credit once a year.

People who think we're going to war over this shit really are idiots who just want to see the world burn. Even If you can even track the attackers to a country or origin, that's pretty rare to get any more specific.

Last edited:
if the majority of people knew what was really transpiring around them they'd flip out or run and hide. "They" can zoom in on a spoken conversation using an aircraft that's flying 100's of miles away (It has to be true, saw it on a TV commercial for hearing aids)

Hey! this is absolutely true and not some vague sci-fi thing. its part of the US electronic warfare arsenal and its been deployed overseas for years now. the graduates from the language school fly around a warzone in basically and office built in an airplane and listen in on cell phone conversations by ISIS using classified tech, its one of the roles this plane fills-

https://www.military.com/equipment/e-2c-hawkeye

oh yeah its completely confirmed by buzzfeed of all places that the FBI also does this. Over US cities. Right Now.

Not too bright. I'd pick the government with no authority over me to spy on me lol.

I'm using a Huawei Phone
Honestly.....whether you use Samsung or a Pixel or Sony....they all have your data..all of them
Thinking using a Huawei phones makes a difference in some meaningful way is madness

When you go further up the foodchain in regards to networking...well that might be a different story.

I don't live in a foreign country, which that report specifically informed us this only happened in.

But hey, you can read for yourself right? You don't have any comprehension problems at all do you.

I shouldn't be too hard on you, many of the articles that re-posted this news left out the little tid bit about this happening in overseas locations, not in the US.

How in the hell does a corporation take a freedom away from you? And no, lobbying to NOT pay for your healthcare is not denying you a "freedom". Love you kids raised on Hollywood where corporations are always the villains. Internet is not a human right, and Comcast charging your $60 a month for it is not a civil rights issue.

How about lobbying to pay zero income tax while making billions and consuming vast amounts of government infrastructure and handouts.

But keep on crying about those darn lefty kids in every post, old man.

You would have to be a tool (willful and/or ignorant) at this point to buy anything related to Huawei in any way. Of course that has not stopped various European countries from continuing to embrace them with open arms.
I bought a huawei phone. Cheaper. F buying from an "American" company. Want me to buy your phone, then make it here. As a production worker I care about this. I give less than a shit about where it is engineered. Back in the 80s and 90s when tons of manufacturing jobs got axed for cheap labor, the engineers thought it was just great they could save money on foreign built goods, they gave leas than a shit about the working guy. I'm excited to have the shoe on the other foot, and frankly all I have to say is: HAHA!

I'll take China spying on me for $200 rather than US companies charging me 1k per phone, and the NSA spying on me.
They make phones in Norway?
I'm using a Huawei Phone
Honestly.....whether you use Samsung or a Pixel or Sony....they all have your data..all of them
Thinking using a Huawei phones makes a difference in some meaningful way is madness
I bought a huawei phone. Cheaper. F buying from an "American" company.

The article is about a Windows 10 Laptop but congratulations on your cheap phones.

Hey dawg.
Typing this to you from my Supermicro desktop while watching some vids on my Huawei laptop.

Cant wait to vote in 2020.
Hopefully we get a president and congress and media who prioritize actual issues than pushing rubbish campaigns of xenophobia against anything that doesnt line their pockets in that good ol' American way.

And.... just so that this thread doesnt get fucking stupid.....

"For a hacker to do this they'd need direct access to a targeted machine, as they'd need to create a malicious instance of the MateBookService.exe in order to gain the privileges they'd need to then gain influence over the Windows 10 kernel."
https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3073238/huawei-driver-flaw-windows-10

If I had direct access to your machine, I could do a whole hell of a lot worse. This is a dumber attack vector than the AMD "hacked firmware" exploits posted last year.

The article is about a Windows 10 Laptop but congratulations on your cheap phones.
There's nothing cheap about the Mate 20 Pro.
And it outclasses anything Apple or Samsung have. But please, feel free to stay on that shaky elitist pedestal

Situation seems particularly bad in Finland regarding 4G modem/routers, Huawei is almost like a monopol player in this field.

Not that I would expect you to actually back up your statement, so let's assume for a moment that everything you said was literally 100% true.

What dangerouseddy said is correct, and also is no secret. It's been reported about all over for many years.

The CIA and NSA have hacked and backdoored pretty much everything, and in all the same ways you might think China has done, and even to far greater extents.

#Vault7: 85% of world’s smart phones ‘weaponized’ by CIA
CIA malware targets iPhone, Android, smart TVs, Windows, OSx, Linux, routers
Advanced CIA firmware has been infecting Wi-Fi routers for years
Photos of an NSA “upgrade” factory show Cisco router getting implant
NSA's use of 'traffic shaping' allows unrestrained spying on Americans
NSA Built Back Door In All Windows Software by 1999
Amazon won't say if it hands your Echo data to the government
Here's how the NSA spied on Cisco firewalls for years
Snowden: NSA employees share intercepted sexts
The FBI Is Apparently Paying Geek Squad Members To Dig Around In Computers For Evidence Of Criminal Activity
Project Chess: How U.S. Snoops On Your Skype
Microsoft handed the NSA access to encrypted messages
NSA Prism program taps in to user data of Apple, Google and others
U.S. Agencies Said to Swap Data With Thousands of Firms

Russian researchers expose breakthrough U.S. spying program

"The U.S. National Security Agency has figured out how to hide spying software deep within hard drives made by Western Digital, Seagate, Toshiba and other top manufacturers, giving the agency the means to eavesdrop on the majority of the world’s computers, according to cyber researchers and former operatives."

So, you would have to be a tool (willful and/or ignorant) at this point to buy anything related to Microsoft, Amazon, Google, and most other US tech companies, in any way.

I would "pick my poison" by choosing the country where freedom is such a core part of life that not even politicians can control what people say about them, as opposed to the country where if one even suspects you might disagree with them, all of a sudden you aren't allowed to travel or do other things you want to do anymore. Kind of crazy that there are still people out there that don't understand the difference. But hey, I bet your post boosted your social credit score in China.

You'd chose those who can use what they gain through spying on you against you? That isn't smart. It makes you more vulnerable and less free.

The whole thing with the US government warning against Huawei is because the US government wants to get you on the devices where the US government can spy on you.

Last edited:

we didnt talk about civil right but freedom. The fact that you had to try to "move th egoal post" shows that you argument did not uphold it weights on it own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back