So what's your favorite FPS?

Doom, Far Cry, Stalker SoC and the Half-Life games, I can't decide. Damn you OP ;)

Last edited:
Turok

HAHAHAHHAHA

no, really
Half-Life's
Far Cry
XIII
Also I've been playing L4D a lot lately.

FPS isn't my favorite genre.

UT3 Playing it daily while my other games gather dust. A close second is UT2K4 but I am getting old and the opponents are easier to see in UT3. I can't seem to give anything that doesn't have twitchy DM a chance, maybe it's a little bit of ADHD or something.
BTW DrFreeze, there are a 2 or 3 remakes of Tokara in UT3, not sure about the other maps.

Pretty much everything that's been said already, with the addition of Shadow Warrior and Rise of the Triad.

"Whoooooo wanta some Wang?!"

Anything that starts with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. including some of the great mods out there.

It's the game I've played the most since original Doom and all the mods and maps that were out for that.

Well, thats a lie. I've probably played way more CS and CS:S but S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is my game. I'll give a nod to HL2 with that.

Fallout 3 was very good for me also. Hadn't played any of the previous so I was able to just play it without the expectations and it is awesome. Loved the music. I still hum or whistle the tunes constantly.

Bioshock - Some great great moments. Never played System Shock so not infected by preconceptions once again. Never could kill a little sister. Every time I play, I always save them. I hover and hover and hover over that first one trying to make myself suck the adam dry so I can see a different side of the game and I never can. Could be because I have a daughter about that age.

Pretty much everything that's been said already, with the addition of Shadow Warrior and Rise of the Triad.

"Whoooooo wanta some Wang?!"

Wow. ROTT. That brings back some memories... What a great game.

Bioshock - Some great great moments. Never played System Shock so not infected by preconceptions once again. Never could kill a little sister. Every time I play, I always save them. I hover and hover and hover over that first one trying to make myself suck the adam dry so I can see a different side of the game and I never can. Could be because I have a daughter about that age.

I was the same way when I played Bioshock the first 2 times. But the other endings called to me so I forced myself to be ruthless. :D

I'll say Stalker. I don't know that it's the best FPS out there, but it sure is my favorite.

Im really starting to appreciate Bioshock, but no one can take my real love... Quake 2. Thats right... *2*.

Some Favorite:

Half Life 2
Unreal 04
Fear
Far Cry (until the part with the alien)
Dark Messiah
Call of Duty 2
Doom 3
Crysis

Since everyone is bringing up some of the older classics, what about Blood? I didn't care much for the sequel though.

I would say:

CS 1.6 and CS:S - still widely played
Half-life series/episodes - Hell yea!
Duke Nukem 3D - "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble gum!...I'm all outta gum."
Left 4 Dead - Relatively new, but a great and addictive game.

COD4 single player is pretty dominant. COD:WaW I thought was far weaker then its predecessor because they knew the vast majority of customers were going to skip right into the multiplayer

I thought COD WAW was fantastic. In fact I'm playing through it a second time. I hardly play SP games twice.

I know it was buggy as heck in the beginning, but after patch 1.3 it's been solid.

duke nukem,redneck rampage,halflife,medal of honar,redfaction,cs,css,hl2dm and now,left for dead.

I forgot to throw Shogo and AVP 1/2 out there as well. All 3 are still installed on my main machine and get regular play.

What can I say, they don't make 'em like they used to... IMO at least.

CS. I'm probably not even playing FPS games if I didn't start playing it back when I was 16. Yes, PC gamer at 16yrs and I still hadn't played a single FPS (b/c of motion sickness). Add to the fact that it was a gift from a guy who "got bored with HL1".

Honesty right now mine is UT3. Its the first game in a long time where the multiplayer has been FUN. After playing CS:S, multiplayer in games like COD4 just feel like a rerun. UT3 with the new updates is like a breath of fresh air. LOL:)

CoD MW, and CoD WaW are my current favorites.

For classics I have to go with SiN. So much fun.

Half-Life 2, Far Cry (the original one on the PC), L4D, Bioshock, Quake 2.

operation flashpoint golden eye 007 and RTCW multiplayer, still haven't played something that even comes close to these gems

cod4 but i dont play it anymore since my friends gave it up for WOW.......................

cod4 but i dont play it anymore since my friends gave it up for WOW.......................

Lol you only gave one half of the story. What are you playing now and are you still talking to your friends?

Of course if you also joined them in playing WoW, then the story is not needed haha.

Painkiller was some of the most fun SP I've played, enjoyed the hell out of that game.

MP:
MOHAA and CoD1 were/are amazing. CoD2 was ok, but too easy... sprayfest FTL
L4D is my new FPS of choice.

Whatever Valve makes. I've been a Half Life fan since 1998 and have always enjoyed them.

Have played other games over time but none of them have ever had me coming back time after time like Valve's games.

To list a few other favorite FPS's though. I'd have to list things like BF2, CoD4, Crysis, etc

Back