So what are your thoughts on the Wii U?

Azureth

Supreme [H]ardness
Are you at all interested?

Personally I hope it crashes and burns. Maybe if it does Nintendo will get off their high horse and make something less gimmicky and more traditional.

I don't want to see Nintendo fail because the kid in my memory that played so many hours of great Nintendo games just doesn't have the heart to see them go the way of Sega.

But I also can't stand where they've gone in the last 6-7 years. The portable consoles are really were the REAL Nintendo resides these days and now big Corporate Nintendo of the home consoles is shoving its influence into the portable market.

I just want Nintendo to focus on its games and innovating those games , not with stupid ass motion controllers for dance parties and not with hollow 3rd party line ups like Barbie Horse Adventures and certainly not with knock off half ass iPad controllers. I want the Nintendo that was willing to go out on the edge to not only see what was there but to learn from it and experiment in a meaningful way that benefited game play with players expectations not with how they physically interacted with the control interface and instead of the failure that will be Wii-U. Even my girlfriend has wonderfully fond memories of Nintendo yet we both agree the direction they are heading in ... just sucks. She has a DS that she plays for about 2-3 hours a few times a week and she loves it. I got her a 3DS for her Birthday but the 3D gave her a monster headache and she hated it. Plus since at the time there weren't any great games on it yet she stuck with the DS.

I guess I just don't get Nintendo anymore.

Nintendo will never be the trash Sega was and become a 3rd party. They make so much $$ it ain't funny but that's not a good thing for consumers only fanboys are happy.

I will never understand Nintendo fanboys. I mean it's the reason Nintendo gets away with their crap hardware every gen. On online forums, people are all ready awaiting for the "Circle pad pro" for the new 3DS revision...are you for real? Wtf, Nintendo should of added the 2nd stick period yet here we are 2012 and people are paying more for stupid decisions their game leader makes. It's sad.

WiiU is already looking bad. 3rd parties are gonna port ps3/360 games and use gimmick controls. Graphics are being touted as "360" level which is a system from 2005....wtf. Honestly I wish they would make a sick console but that would mean taking a loss at launch and competing with the top dogs (Sony/MS) directly. They want the easy way out, make a cheap console and racke in the cash from blind fans and a casual market. (ps: hope my views don't offend anyone)

The more I see the less I like it. That screen thing could be cool as an auxiliary screen, quick inventory or whatever (though I'd rather pay less and skip that entirely if possible) but I've seen videos where the main tv straight up tells you to stop looking at it and turn your attention to the handheld screen. So... what, we have the freedom to trade our large hd screen for a small hd tablet to pop the bubbles thrown by bowser... It's shoehorned gimmikery like that which made wii tank after the initial hype wore out (though that did take a while) and I highly doubt this will change anything. Nintendo seem to be trying to kill themselves with expensive gimmicks, rather than devoting resources to making the next link to the past or super metroid.

I find it interesting that everyone that doesn't like the different innovations that Nintendo does, calls them "gimmicks." Wii motion controls like everything comes down simply to implementation. Some games benefited immensely from the motion controls and allowed for game play that simply wasn't possible with standard controls.

The most obvious examples are Nintendo's first party Party Titles, the Metro Prime series (first 3, and then 1 and 2 that got ported over,) and the Galaxy series of games. Everything comes down to implementation. It's the 3rd parties that should be blamed really for any feeling of "gimmickyness," they simply put in ridiculous controls for the sake of putting in ridiculous controls.

Anyway, that diatribe aside, I'm intrigued by the Wii-U. I wouldn't say I'm excited about it, but I as a kid who grew up with the NES, I haven't been excited by a console really since the N64 (side note, I watched Nintendo's N64 preview movie a HUGE amount of times.) Once again, I think it will come down to how it's done. The big idea I get from it, is that it is kind of like a DS, although it's with a handheld screen and the TV. Additionally the bottom screen is 'movable' as Miyamoto mentioned allowing for different styles of gameplay. So what will all of this mean? Honestly, I don't think we don't know yet.

E3 didn't really show what the system could do, and the news that trickles out doesn't really give an impression of the game-play, mostly due to the fact that it's kind of hard to show it off without the software, and Nintendo is being characteristically sneaky with the software and not wanting to show it off, even to show off the system itself.

In order for Nintendo to be successful this round I think they will need 1080P/30 (preferably 60, but if the games maintain a hard 30, I think it will be fine... also notably, I realize Nintendo has been behind in the graphics race, and although I don't think the graphics are the most important aspect, I think it's getting to the point where it's universally expected,) better online and communal play (with easy ways to link up with friends, join games, and things of that nature,) excellent launch first party titles that preferably look gorgeous and play like a dream/really show off the capabilities of the system, and 3rd parties that are on truly onboard producing excellent games and not just ports (although of course ports will be good for the system as well.) On that last point, unfortunately Nintendo has a particularly bad track record for the past 3 systems. NES and SNES had excellent third party titles. N64 had a few, and then they all left for the PS2 and the XBox (although there were a few amazing 3rd party games for Gamecube.) The Wii totally bombed on that account and now the Wii-U doesn't bring up much hope either.

I tend to think that being a media player isn't that necessary for Nintendo's product to succeed, but I assume they will still do things like Netflix (which is also available on the Wii.) It would be interesting if they do any other form of streaming in addition to that.

I'm in wait-and-see mode with the Wii U. I have plenty of games to keep me busy without worrying about a new system anyways.

The Wii has some amazing games (The Last Story comes out soon!) but sadly most people can’t see past the shovelware.

I don't really want anyone to fail, but as of today I don't have much reason to buy one and I'm one of those people that buys all of the systems.
It just doesn't seem like enough of an upgrade, and Nintendo's non first party titles are notorious dogs.
I'll take another look at it once it hits and some cross platform games come out for it.

Right now I have zero interest in the Wii U. I bought a Wii and it has some good games, but the really good titles are few and far between, in my opinion. At this point it probably gets played once every month or two. I think Nintendo still has a problem getting third party developers on board, and their online strategy is a joke compared to the competition.

Nintendo has lesser hardware because they are not as large as Sony or Microsoft and aren't able to sell hardware at the massive loss that Sony and MS do for recovery later in software. Quite simply that is a bad business strategy for a company in Nintendo's position, so they don't do it. Those of you bitching about it don't understand business at all.

And from what I understand the 3DS is doing quite well after the price drop. 3DS accounts for 20% of all hardware sales in the US and Europe (which Nintendo calls 'weak', proving they are used to the good life at retail), and 55% of hardware sales in Japan.
http://www.dailytech.com/Nintendo+CEO+3DS+Sales+Weak+in+US+Europe+/article25101.htm

So to whoever was bitching about that: nyah nyah nyah.

I don't think the bitching related to Nintendo's profits. It sucks for serious gamers.
There are tons of companies profiting in ways we don't like. It doesn't mean we don't understand it - we just don't like it.

Yar, not really pumped for it. I would've been far more interested if instead of the huge tablet controller, they instead improved on the motion controls (try to remove the sensor bar, or at least improve on it) and bring their hardware specs up to the level where their competitors next gen systems will be at.

Because, like another poster said, it's probably going to be killer 1st party software, loaded with Xbox 360 ports from 3rd parties.

I try to reserve judgement until some games start to come out... but the new controller I don't think is a bad idea, it's just difficult to imagine it being any fun. The wii mote was more accessible, but what advantage does the touchscreen really give you?

Again, will wait for developers to take a stab at it, you never know it might be cool. I never wish anyone to fail, only to succeed.

I appreciate that Nintendo takes risks like this and doesn't seem too afraid to fail and we need more of this attitude for innovative gaming IMO

I don't think the bitching related to Nintendo's profits. It sucks for serious gamers.
There are tons of companies profiting in ways we don't like. It doesn't mean we don't understand it - we just don't like it.

Well it is rather sad, when I saw 'Nintendo land' I wanted to cry. No F-Zero in so long it hurts, no new IPs in essentially forever. Nintendo is the kind of company that could really thrive with a constant stream of new characters, but they just keep rolling with whats tried and true.

Personally, I hope the Wii U kicks ass and we get a mix of old franchises and (gasp!) great multi-platform games that take advantage of the unique hardware. I don't think it'll happen, but I can hope and dream.

Stranger things have happened in the past, though. Remember the 360 and PS3 announcement? At the time, people were acting like the PS3 was going to slaughter the 360, but that year-long headstart was enough. People saw how much better it was than the current systems and pulled the trigger. Pricing worked out well, too. Maybe Nintendo can get something going over the next year, especially if MS and Sony drag their feet with their own next gen.

I never really cared much about hardware. If it gets good software it will be great. If it doesn't it will suck.

If the Nintendo I grew up on made consoles still, I'd sell blood, sperm, plasma, and possibly a kidney to buy whatever they came out with.

The Nintendo of today I could give a shit about.

They have a lot of 'making up' to do and convincing me that they are the Nintendo of old before I buy another one of their products. Nintendo today does not cater to me; Microsoft and Sony do. In that regard, I will continue putting my hard earned dollar to what they come out with instead.
If I go the rest of my life not playing another Mario, Zelda or Metroid because I bought consoles that had third party support instead - then so be it. I've pretty much grown tired of all the same Nintendo franchises re-re-re-re-re-releasing the same Nintendo games year after year, console after console. Enough's enough. Innovate with the games for a change, not this lazy halfass hardware that they think everyone's going to go nuts over. I was shocked at how much Zelda grew between Zelda and LTTP and then OOT. Mario went huge between SMB3 and SMW and then SMB64. The crap since then? Notsomuch.

Last edited:
WiiU is going to fail harder than the 3DS, and the invisible hand will sweep this crap into the garbage bin. All is good with the world :)

3DS failing?
18 Million sold.
Umm.... No it's not.

Back on topic....
Wii U is an interesting idea that I have yet to see implemented correctly. They still haven't showed enough to really get the interest going. I want to see innovative applications, like a F1 steering wheel for example, you use the touch screen as the steering wheel console with all the options like a real F1, and on the TV you see your race. Thats such a simple idea that would change the way racing games are played, but I have yet to see anyone show a good idea like this.

The lack of creativity is the real disappointment of the Wii U.
Get some devs with true creativity and passion and we may see some cool uses and innovation. Right now its....... meh...

I never really cared much about hardware. If it gets good software it will be great. If it doesn't it will suck.

this is so true.

this is what makes or breaks a system.. its kind of why early adopting a console sucks

If the Nintendo I grew up on made consoles still, I'd sell blood, sperm, plasma, and possibly a kidney to buy whatever they came out with.

The Nintendo of today I could give a shit about.

They have a lot of 'making up' to do and convincing me that they are the Nintendo of old before I buy another one of their products. Nintendo today does not cater to me; Microsoft and Sony do. In that regard, I will continue putting my hard earned dollar to what they come out with instead.
If I go the rest of my life not playing another Mario, Zelda or Metroid because I bought consoles that had third party support instead - then so be it. I've pretty much grown tired of all the same Nintendo franchises re-re-re-re-re-releasing the same Nintendo games year after year, console after console. Enough's enough. Innovate with the games for a change, not this lazy halfass hardware that they think everyone's going to go nuts over. I was shocked at how much Zelda grew between Zelda and LTTP and then OOT. Mario went huge between SMB3 and SMW and then SMB64. The crap since then? Notsomuch.

The biggest problem I've noticed with Nintendo since the Wii is they've been quite lack luster in content. Before, most of their games were chock full of extras and all sorts of neat things to try. Just compare the Pokemon Stadium games to the new Wii Pokemon game. PS games had mini games, gym battles, rental pokes, able to play your gb games, etc. etc. yet PBR was very bare bones and offered very little. Hell, even the initial trailer for it had some cool things we never saw with the final product.

I just don't understand what has caused Nintendo to go from making awesome games that have all kinds of secrets and things to do, to games that are so bare bones and offer little than the main part.

The most obvious examples are Nintendo's first party Party Titles, the Metro Prime series (first 3, and then 1 and 2 that got ported over,) and the Galaxy series of games. Everything comes down to implementation. It's the 3rd parties that should be blamed really for any feeling of "gimmickyness," they simply put in ridiculous controls for the sake of putting in ridiculous controls.

it isn't just third parties - New Super Mario Brothers Wii suffered because they shoehorned in things like shake-to-spin.

The biggest problem I've noticed with Nintendo since the Wii is they've been quite lack luster in content.

Obviously it's getting worse now that their new console will have more online features, they can really strip out a lot and start the DLC parade. (from another thread...http://andriasang.com/con1m5/mario_dlc/)

I really can't say much about the Wii because I pretty much quit playing the console after playing through Resident Wiivel 4 a bunch of times. Anything new since then, I might have played a few minutes and that's about it. I just don't care about their franchises anymore. If they come out with a Wind Waker sequel/prequel, hey, I'm on board, day 1 purchase. A Super Metroid sequel would be the other exception. Anything else - I'm out, I fold. Don't care.

Nintendo could have literally created a game that causes you to become a billionaire just by playing it and I still haven't gotten the memo on that. I just don't care about them anymore, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Again ~ the best way I can say it: the Nintendo I grew up on, loved, cherished = they are long dead and gone. I don't like this Nintendo. I don't really care what this Nintendo comes up with, and I really never will. Hate to say it but it's the truth. I've passed them by. They lost me with the lack of HD and broadband on the Gamecube (despite my buying of the broadband adapter), meanwhile I was given anything I could have wanted at the time by Microsoft with the Xbox and Live. That bond has only grown stronger, and I've certainly grown some with Sony with the Ps3 and the PSN and what the Ps3 has to offer there. Nintendo just still doesn't have even the same stuff and they're still playing from behind. Again, I question: why bother with Nintendo anymore? It's too little, too late for me at least. :eek:

I gave the Wii a chance. I got suckered in by the hype and the shortages, and I gave it a shot. I had some fun, I've moved on. I want a controller, not a motion stick. I really can't wait to see what is done with the next Xbox and Playstation because now that Nintendo is finally trying to make par, at that point they're probably going to be playing from far behind again - and really, they deserve it. They've refused, flat out refused to change and do ANYTHING remotely cutting edge for so long and now all the sudden they're tired of being brow beaten by hardcore gamers so now we're just supposed to forget about everything and they're going to finally do some adopting....and everything's kosher? Hell no. Not in my world.

Obviously it's getting worse now that their new console will have more online features, they can really strip out a lot and start the DLC parade. (from another thread...http://andriasang.com/con1m5/mario_dlc/)

I really can't say much about the Wii because I pretty much quit playing the console after playing through Resident Wiivel 4 a bunch of times. Anything new since then, I might have played a few minutes and that's about it. I just don't care about their franchises anymore. If they come out with a Wind Waker sequel/prequel, hey, I'm on board, day 1 purchase. A Super Metroid sequel would be the other exception. Anything else - I'm out, I fold. Don't care.

Nintendo could have literally created a game that causes you to become a billionaire just by playing it and I still haven't gotten the memo on that. I just don't care about them anymore, and I don't see that changing anytime soon. Again ~ the best way I can say it: the Nintendo I grew up on, loved, cherished = they are long dead and gone. I don't like this Nintendo. I don't really care what this Nintendo comes up with, and I really never will. Hate to say it but it's the truth. I've passed them by. They lost me with the lack of HD and broadband on the Gamecube (despite my buying of the broadband adapter), meanwhile I was given anything I could have wanted at the time by Microsoft with the Xbox and Live. That bond has only grown stronger, and I've certainly grown some with Sony with the Ps3 and the PSN and what the Ps3 has to offer there. Nintendo just still doesn't have even the same stuff and they're still playing from behind. Again, I question: why bother with Nintendo anymore? It's too little, too late for me at least. :eek:

I gave the Wii a chance. I got suckered in by the hype and the shortages, and I gave it a shot. I had some fun, I've moved on. I want a controller, not a motion stick. I really can't wait to see what is done with the next Xbox and Playstation because now that Nintendo is finally trying to make par, at that point they're probably going to be playing from far behind again - and really, they deserve it. They've refused, flat out refused to change and do ANYTHING remotely cutting edge for so long and now all the sudden they're tired of being brow beaten by hardcore gamers so now we're just supposed to forget about everything and they're going to finally do some adopting....and everything's kosher? Hell no. Not in my world.

I wonder how much this change in direction with Nintendo correlates with the change of hands going from Sakaguchi to Iwata?

BTW, here is a good read on how Nintendo feels about hardcore gamers:

http://kotaku.com/5920572/the-trouble-with-the-never+satisfied-gamer

Me: Why do you think your press conference got a negative response among a lot of our readers who felt there wasn't a lot that was new there, that was that different from what had been shown last year [on Wii U] in demo form?

Fils-Aime: One of the things that, on one hand, I love and, on the other hand, that troubles me tremendously about not only our fanbase but about the gaming community at large is that, whenever you share information, the perspective is, 'Thank you, but I want more.' 'Thank you, but give me more.' I mean, it is insatiable.

"And so for years this community has been asking, 'Where's Pikmin?' 'Where's Pikmin?' 'Where's Pikmin?' We give them Pikmin. And then they say, 'What else?'

"For years, this community have said, 'Damnit Reggie, when you launch, you better launch with a Mario game.' So we launch with a Mario game, and they say, 'So what's more?'

"I have heard people say, 'You know, you've got these fantastic franchises, beyond what you're doing in Smash Bros., isn't there a way to leverage all these franchises?' So we create Nintendo Land and they say, 'Ho-hum, give me more.' So it's an interesting challenge."

So because we want more than shit like Nintendo land we are just whiny babies that want more? It's THEIR job to get us excited for the new system.

That's bad PR right there. We as gamers want a gaming console with up to par graphics and good online services. What Nintendo keeps crapping is their own flawed versions of what we want. They want to force users into their ideal world and we are not gonna take it but no we are wrong.*rolls eyes*

Its 2012, next year new consoles will be revealed and will put the WiiU to shame. Its nintendo's way of half assing their console to rack in the cash. Its boring and I'm not buying it, they can blame their business model not the gamers.

Nintendo will never be the trash Sega was and become a 3rd party. They make so much $$ it ain't funny but that's not a good thing for consumers only fanboys are happy.

I really wish they would. There is no point in having 3 consoles under my TV. There is even less of a point in having a Nintendo console when I know damn well that every multi-platform game will be better on PS3 or 360, and as such I'd get it for that. Nintendo consoles are for playing Nintendo games, everything else is just crap. I'd much rather just see Mario come to one of the other consoles.

Its 2012, next year new consoles will be revealed and will put the WiiU to shame. Its nintendo's way of half assing their console to rack in the cash. Its boring and I'm not buying it, they can blame their business model not the gamers.

Release date has nothing to do with console ability.
Xbox 360: 10-22-2005
Playstation 3: 11-11-2006
Nintendo Wii: 11-19-2006

Last time they were last. This generation they are pushing for first. You're complaining about hardware that isn't in people's hands yet. Even worse you purport that Sony and Microsoft will create better hardware, while they're so far out from launch, they haven't even announced their next generation systems yet.

Despite the 360's nearly year long launch lead ahead of the PS3, I think even the hardest skeptic would have to admit that the performance of the system was comparable to the PS3. Does the Wii U have hardware on that level? The truth is of course we don't know, we can wait and see, but slamming Nintendo with no basis for comparison makes no rational sense.

I just don't get why Nintendo isn't willing to take more risks, that's how they got into the business in the first place. Take Xenoblade and the Last story. Sure we finally did get them but not till way later and at the consoles end. Or Mother 3. Sure Earthbound didn't sell that well, but that was a long time ago.

IBTW, here is a good read on how Nintendo feels about hardcore gamers:

So because we want more than shit like Nintendo land we are just whiny babies that want more? It's THEIR job to get us excited for the new system.

Seeing shit like that shows me Reggie and the rest of Nintendo brass have no idea what or who the hardcore gaming group is anymore and after the casual gaming group success of Wii , all they want is more pie. The problem is casual gamers have extremely short attention spans , they also have zero brand loyalty and will move on to the next big "thing". Nintendo wants lightning to strike twice with the Wii-U .. all its going to get at this point is thunder and rain.

Seeing shit like that shows me Reggie and the rest of Nintendo brass have no idea what or who the hardcore gaming group is anymore...

Reggie (and Cammie Dunaway) proved that to me years ago, back during the 2008 E3. That was the year they had the (in)famous Wii Music demonstration, after Reggie sat on stage talking about core gamers, and satisfying the hardcore fans. When asked about their show Cammie Dunaway had this response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMPGyRueRdo

Basically saying keep playing our old games, and then check out Animal Crossing and Wii Music. :rolleyes:

Gimmicks or not pretty much all the fun games I've played on the consoles were on the Wii.. mainly just talking about Marios, Zeldas, Donkey Kongs and other Nintendo IP... I also have a PS3 and I couldn't be more disinterested in basically every single PS3 game there. There are really no titles on the PS3 comparable to the Nintendo ones I just listed... You've played one uncharted you've played them all, same with God of War, etc... to me 99% of the PS3 games are pretty much horrible.

I think it could do well initially but I don't see it retaining third-party support for very long. Apparently Nintendo is having trouble communicating to the Wii's core install-base (casual gamers, parents, etc) that the Wii-U is a new console and not a new accessory.

Last edited:
I think it could do well initially but I don't see it retaining third-party support for very long. Apparently Nintendo is having trouble communicating to the Wii's core install-base (casual gamers, parents, etc) that the Wii-U is a new console and not a new accessory.

Yar, I could see it. A lot of the publicity has been on that tablet controller, and I could understand people thinking it was a new peripheral for their existing system. With that said, I'm sure Nintendo will go on a marketing blitz to really advertise the Wii-U as its own system.

One thing I'll give Nintendo props for is the backwards compatibility for all of their peripherals. Wii-U is looking like it will offer a huge amount of controller configurations once it is released. And this will hopefully cause MS and Sony to follow suit with their next gen systems.

BTW, here is a good read on how Nintendo feels about hardcore gamers:

Yeah, I saw that when you posted that in another thread; very disappointing. I can't stand Reggie, he's a meathead.

These guys just don't get it. They see the dollars rolling in and figure that everything's OK and things will die down; no they won't. It's going to get worse this gen because the casual gamers that basically floated them into another home console generation are not going to buy Wii U systems; it's not gonna happen. You somehow convinced them to buy their first console, but where's the incentive for them to buy your next console? Why all the sudden is a casual gamer going to turn into a hardcore gamer, especially when your audience is primarily soccer moms, retirement homes, and people who generally don't spend money on video games? Overnight just because the Wii was a success and had a few things worth playing, you've got them hook line and sinker to buy another console of yours? That's laughable. :rolleyes:

Now (whether they realize it or not), the hardcore gamer is going to either save them or kill them. Again I don't see any hardcore gamer buying a Wii U at the end of this year with the next Microsoft and Sony consoles probably not that far off. And surely a hardcore gamer is going to realize that without the specs released, those consoles are going to be better than the Wii U; that's a certainty. So, why settle for less? Again, they just don't get it. The dollars and profits have blinded them from reality and critical thinking.

Nintendo hasn't had strong 3rd party support for the life of their console since the SNES. And while they wouldn't admit it, I think they're probably panicking behind closed doors. They have to release the new console first, because the sales have died and the Wii is dead in the water at this point. They're screwed, any way you slice it. The last few gens, they've been able to release late and have had somewhat of a cushy spot where they really don't have to worry too much either way; they get their sales, they make some profits, but they're not the strongest. The Wii certainly had the sales and they might end up in 1st overall when the final figures come in, but they're certainly hemorrhaging sales at this point and they've become stagnant. To that I say ~ good. Nintendo needs a wakeup call that their usual shtick doesn't cut it for most people anymore. They need to innovate, and again - I'm not talking about fruity controllers and weird ideas that kinda work. They need to reinvent themselves and their franchises, like they've done before. SMB3 > SMW was a huge jump; SMW > SMB64 was another one. Since SMB64, they really haven't done anything impressive with Mario. Same with Zelda. Zelda > LTTP > OOT, those are huge leaps. Since then, not much. They've become complacent and lazy and it's not only disappointing, but also irritating. They need to change.

Last edited:
I bet we'd see a lot more interesting games if Nintendo made their SDK/dev kit accessible to just about anybody, no need to jump through legal loopholes or asking for permission.

If you're an Android developer, you just need to get a Google lifetime license for $100 and then you can publish any title you want to the Play Store. Everything goes up in 15 minutes. It's great, just about anybody can get into Android development, on any computer (PC, Mac, Linux).

Same thing with Apple and iOS. Get a Mac and pay the $100/year license and you can go ahead and develop any title you want. Sure, it takes a week to get through the filtering process of the App Store before you can publish it, but still pretty fast turn-around time.

I imagine it's similarly easy to publish on Steam and other services like it. Not nearly as hard/time consuming as it would be for.... the PSN Store, or WiiWare, or XBLA. Lower entry to barrier means more people can create content.

And with things like the MonoTouch framework, it's even possible to go cross-platform easily! Well, relatively, compared to learning Objective-C and Java for iOS and Android. And then C#/C++ for Xbox.

Seriously, Nintendo isn't just competing with Microsoft and Sony anymore. They're competing with more multi-purpose devices from Google and Apple, which have a much bigger 'userbase' to draw from.

Well regardless of what I think about it, my son will have to have it for Mario so.:)
Pic of my 7 year olds room
http://sdrv.ms/P04oKC

Probably will pick up AliensCM for it for myself though, but if it has mariokart, SSB, etc, it will sell. Just like the 3DS was going downhill and SM 3d land came out and MarioKart 7 and boom it's back on the charts selling well, Nintendo knows this.

Last edited:
idk... the last console I bought was a GameCube. Everything good out is usually also on the PC and looks better and controls better. That said I do have a Wii, but I didn't buy it and I'm using it now to play through RE4 and REmake. No wait, I'm playing REmake on Dolphin and RE4 on the Wii because Dolphin can't run it properly... Donky Kong Country Returns is fun though

If the Wii U's Wii emulation allows HD resolutions for Wii games,,, it could be interesting... just to go back and play old games in HD

nintendo is going to make the consoles last for another 4 years for ps3 and xbox 360 because the power isnt too far off i heard and developers will want to make games for multiplatforms to earn the most money

Back