So, The Temps Are Dropping

CBR

I Show Old Ladies My Dick Wrappers
My processor is finally able to keep a decent enough temp to give me some headroom to overclock. Thought it'd be fun to try, plus it helps increase my production.:D I can't wait for december when it gets really fucking cold outside during the day, around 50F or so (I'm from the desert, not used to freezing my balls off). Should be getting another box online soon, so I'll be pushing that as far as it can go. Got Prime95 and Memtest ready.

My processor is currently at a multi of 8, will try for 10 and my FSB is only at 100 so I'll be trying to get that up, not sure if I will be though. Hell, I'm not even sure if I can OC this machine, but I'm sure going to try. I'm sure some of you will be upping your FSB and OC'ing with the lowering temps, but how far? Will you be pushing your boxen as far as it can go so you can get maximum heat production, or just a modest boost to knock a few seconds off the current WU's time?

BTW, this home version of our moose friend might provide a watchful eye over your boxen so evil do-ers can't spread their villany onto them.:p

I'm so backwards. As the outdoor temps drop here, my system temps go up. I use a window AC as a waterchiller and when it gets cool out, the AC won't kick on as often, even at max.

Jesus christ, that's early fall weather here! (Minnesota). Back in my old house, I propped my computer (then an abit bp6 w/ dual 466 celes) up next to an open window (for a short period of time, as it was -20*F or so out :D) and it definately helped out a sh*tload for overclocking / temps!!!

Snow....-20F... fuck that. Just thinking about it makes me cold. I think I'll stick to my warm desert environment where I don't have to worry about frostbite and all the shit that goes with snow.:eek:

To each his own. My snowboards much prefer going on snow than sand dunes though... (only take the old trashed ones to the dunes)

And my computer much prefers the cold! :D

cold weather is the best... except for ultimate of course ;)

5 mountain pass + cold weather = 100% folding OCd comp while im on the back bowls :cool:

btw dark ember do you have a car :)

Hah! we'll see. My cars don't like driving up mountains in the snow much. I usually go up in my friend's Jeep. So, maybe we can pack you in there somehow.

But A-Basin definitely works. Thats the only place I go, really. :)

First let me say that I just started folding for [H] yesterday or maybe the day before, I don't remember.

The temps where I live dropped down to the mid 40s yesterday or the day before, so I fired up all my boxen and let them run.
6 comps make a lot of heat in a confined space (computer room).
Come today, and the temps are back in the high 60s low 70s, so I am dying here :(

sigmend said:
First let me say that I just started folding for [H] yesterday.

The temps where I live dropped down to the mid 40s yesterday, so I fired up all my boxen and let them run.
Come today, and the temps are back in the 60s, so I am dying here :(

Well, I'm sure they'll go back down soon. Its that time of year... :D

And let me be the first to say... Welcome aboard! :)

I know how the temp thing goes. We were in the 40's and maybe 50's for a while and now we're back in the 80's. It's supposed to drop back down this weekend though. Too bad lower temps don't seem to get me a better overclock. I think I hit the limit on my processor. I was hoping to get one of the magical ones that went up to 2.7-2.8 on water cooling. I'm not going to complain though. 2.5 is not a bad speed.

Its still in teh 80's here... I keep a window unit here that my wife will turn on during the day when i'm at work to keep my Ambients under 80*F in the office.

Now dont you guys get so excited during this cold time of the year and leave your windows open all the time to keep your garden room cold. You dont want the confusion of a suspected meth-lab to excite your neighbors. :D

Sierra Vista eh? Know a short asian guy who drives a white '92 MR2?

Nope. Thats my friend Tae. If you ever see a white MR2 going down the road 50mph over the speed limit, thats him.:D I'm up here in the Tucson area.

It'll be time to move from home (NH) back to school (Rochester, NY) soon. It's already 30's here at night. I'm looking forward to some nice low temps, maybe break my own OC record.

Fold on!

Soo...cold. I'm sitting in a 63 degree Fahrenheit room just so my processor will chug along nicely at 46C.:rolleyes: I know my computer likes it, but I'm fucking freezing.

How the hell can you people stand temperatures that include such oddities as snow?:eek:

On a good note, my meth lab is flourishing.;)

my room never gets below ~60-70F... i prefer it closer to 60ish... but it never really goes below that. small room + athlon @ 2.4ghz = hot as hell, even with the window open... (that's what i think summer is... the devil opened his window so the rest of the world gets all hot;))

but anyway i'm back at 2.4 (from 1.8) and i'm able to sleep with a blanket once more:rolleyes: i hate summer. i'm moving north for college + rest of life.

It's about 45F outside and still 95F in my room even though there is a box fan in the window. :mad:

Bout the lowest it gets here is the 20's unfortunatley. There's never a real winter down here in the jungle of Georgia :D

Back