So now that E3 is over, what is your most anticipated game?

Frraksurred

2[H]4U
E3 was packed with good stuff this year, at least for me. The next couple years looks bright, although only time will tell what pans out and what doesn't. Anyway, there was enough for me to build a top 10 list, so here goes.

1. Cyberpunk 2077 (by a huge margin)
  2. Division 2
  3. Metro Exodus
  4. Doom Eternal
  5. Anthem (I might be more excited for this game... except for EA, they cannot seem to help but destroy everything they touch)
  6. Last of Us 2
  7. Elder Scrolls 6
  8. Wolfenstein Young Blood
  9. Rage 2
  10. Starfield
I realize some of these are a ways out, but they've got my attention nonetheless. Most are PC for me, but a few Console titles (Last of Us 2 & maybe Shadow of the Tomb Raider) are in there too.

Fallout 76 might have made this list, but it looks like a last attempt cash grab before next gen to me. Same 12 yr old engine, co-op because 'why not, everyone else is doing it', and the whole "We can't decide what this game is really" vibe it gives off. Fallout 4 kind of bored me, so I think I'll take a pass this round.

Cyberpunk may be the first game I've Pre-ordered in years. I typically have a strict policy, but for this game... I just don't care. :p The day it's available, I'm going to pre-order the biggest, most ridiculous Deluxe Collectors Ultra Edition they offer. Suck it EA, pull yer head out of your @$$ and maybe some day you'll get my money again.

Comixbooks

Ignore Me
Cyberpunk I mean when the game comes out

Fallout 76

Pantheon Rise of the Fallen

Ashes of Creation

Just Cause 4

polonyc2

Fully [H]
in no particular order:

Ghost of Tsushima
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Last of Us: Part 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Metro Exodus
Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Domingo

Fully [H]
Cyberpunk, Anthem, Smash 5, Sekiro, and TLoU2.

Cyberpunk is in the lead by a wide margin, but who knows when we'll actually see it. Then again, Smash is probably the only one of those games we'll definitely see soon.

Porter_

Supreme [H]ardness
The Division 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Battlefield V
Anthem

In that order, with The Division 2 leading by a mile.

Cyberpunk 2077
Starfield
Elder Scrolls 6
Fallout 76 is interesting, even though I did not buy Fallout 4, may buy 76, will have to see how it turns out.

'in that order, likely getting the first three.

kingawsume

n00b
In no particular order (any anticipated games, right? Not just E3 announcements?):
Octopath: Traveler
Smash Ultimate (Def a day 1 buy)
Elder Scrolls 6
Fallout 76
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Also a D1 buy)
Bayonetta 3
My Friend Pedro: Bananas

Last of Us 2
Forza Horizon 4
Ghosts of Tsushima
RE2
Death Stranding
Cyberpunk 2077

In that order. Death Stranding and Cyberpunk 2077 are only at the bottom because they're so far off. I'd put Elder Scrolls 6 on there if it wasn't 5+ years off, and I'd add Starfield if we knew a single damn thing about it.

Last edited:

Denpepe

[H]ard|Gawd
In no particular order,

Cyberpunk 2077
Last of Us 2
Rage 2
Doom Eternal
Wolfenstein Young Blood
Anthem
Overkill's the walking dead
Division 2
Metro Exodus
Ghost of Tsushima
Fallout 76
Dying light 2
Gears 5
Battlefield V

BiH115

Gif Guy
That's a bummer, what is it that you typically like?
He typically likes trolling.

in no particular order:

Ghost of Tsushima
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
Last of Us: Part 2
Cyberpunk 2077
Metro Exodus
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Agreed with all of your choices, but also adding in Resident Evil 2, Division 2, Spider-Man, Death Stranding, Days Gone, and Anthem (definitely #2 underneath Ghost).

Agreed with all of your choices, but also adding in Resident Evil 2, Division 2, Spider-Man, Death Stranding, Days Gone, and Anthem (definitely #2 underneath Ghost).
Thanks for reminding me about RE2.. had to add that to my list as well.

M76

[H]F Junkie
Most anticipated:
Shadow of the Tomb Raider - first because this will be released first.
The Last of Us II
Cyberpunk 2077
Elder Scrolls 6
Starfield
Wolfeinsten Young Blood
Death Stranding

Zero fucks given to:
Anthem
Division 2
Rage 2
Just Cause 4
Doom Eternal
Fallout 76
....and anything else that has no solo mode
....and everything that's Windows Store exclusive

Flogger23m

[H]F Junkie
Ace Combat 7, but the recent E3 trailer was meh and the bits we hear of the story are too silly for me, but that is typical Japanese story writing I suppose.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Looks more interesting than Rise to me.

Just Cause 4. JC3 was one of the best games from an implementation perspective I played over the last year. I hope this carries over that trend, because I hate fighting games to make controls work.

Metro Last Light. Looking good.

Assassin's Creed Odyssey. Theme looked very interesting to me.

Hitman 2. Didn't care for the last game initially, but it grew on me. Kind of interested in this one.

Rage 2. Looks fun but I am not liking the Borderlands 2 vibe this one seems to give off.

Wolfenstein: Youngblood. Only if we can play standalone, SP properly.

Middling interest:

Cyberpunk 2077. Trailer looked cool, but based off of the Witcher 2 I have very low expectations.

chenw

2[H]4U
Smash Ultimate
Octopath Traveller (though I knew this before e3)
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Cyberpunk 2077 (knew this)
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate

Not very interested in FO76 (not a fan of online games in general), haven't looked at any console exclusives apart from Switch.

Frraksurred

2[H]4U
I keep forgetting about Red Dead Redemption 2, that will likely be on my list at some point also.

NeoNemesis

2[H]4U
Octopath Traveller
Smash Bros
Cyberpunk 2077
RE2: Remake

Those are the ones I'll pick up day one. I guess I'll probably buy TOS 6 too but they showed nothing of the game.

Armenius

Fully [H]
Most anticipated is Forza Horizon 4 because it's coming out first. Second is Resident Evil 2.

Most hyped is DOOM Eternal because the first one was fucking awesome and I can't wait to see what the new version of Hell on Earth looks like.

Most disappointed was Dying Light 2 because they're emphasizing shit I don't care about in a game about a zombie outbreak and what made the first game special for me.

Cautiously optimistic about Microsoft going all in on the Gears franchise with renewed focus.

Jerome36

2[H]4U
My most anticipated game would have to be Forza Horizon 4, simply because it's coming out soon, and looks even better than the third. However, other E3 games that I'm really anticipating (and some may not even be coming out next year) include:

Anthem
Control
Crackdown 3
Gears 5
Ghost of Tsushima
Halo Infinite
Metro Exodus
Spider-Man

BiH115

Gif Guy
i want to get hyped for this game but the gameplay footage i've seen does not look good.
This, game is coming out in a few months supposedly, and the gameplay honestly looks like trash. Jittery movements and terrible animations, mediocre looking gunplay, no real sense of atmosphere. The trailers were amazing for sure, have to hand it to the studio that worked on them, but the actual game leaves a lot to be desired from what I've seen. I was really hyped for this too.

Last edited:

BiH115

Gif Guy
yeah what's the deal with that? it looked terrible.
Couldn't tell you, but I just can't get past even that one part, it completely takes away from the world. In this gameplay video they even mention that they got thumbs up from Robert Kirkman for the game to be considered canon, but it makes me wonder if he's never played a modern video game before:

The ideas and mechanics all seem fantastic, but the fact that this is what they came up with is a little insulting. I'm surprised the guy doing the interviewing didn't talk about that at all.

M76

[H]F Junkie
The ideas and mechanics all seem fantastic, but the fact that this is what they came up with is a little insulting. I'm surprised the guy doing the interviewing didn't talk about that at all.
It's business as usual. "We only agree to an interview if you ignore the elephant in the room"

gamerk2

[H]ard|Gawd
Cyberpunk 2077. Too bad it pretty much has a hard 2020 release date (consider the source material).

BiH115

Gif Guy
It's business as usual. "We only agree to an interview if you ignore the elephant in the room"
I realize that, I was just venting a bit. It's moot, not like they'll be getting my money if it looks like that at release.

w35t

[H]ard|Gawd
I don't know anything about Cyberpunk but I just watched that trailer and... holy shit, that looks incredible.

Thought I was most excited for Doom and Metro but wow.

Halo may get a look from me and RE2 definitely will.

Armenius

Fully [H]
I don't know anything about Cyberpunk but I just watched that trailer and... holy shit, that looks incredible.

Thought I was most excited for Doom and Metro but wow.

Halo may get a look from me and RE2 definitely will.
The Cyberpunk trailer doesn't show anything, though. CDPR unfortunately decided to only show gameplay to invited "journalists" in a closed door event.

Aireoth

2[H]4U
Cyberpunk.

Then the two PS4 exclusives.

Everything else is monitized hogwash imho.

Skott

2[H]4U
The game that I most want to come out? M&B Bannerlord. Nobody knows if it will release this year or next though. TW is making progress but its slow and info has been just small little bits here and there last couple of years. This game is highest on my dream list.