so my sisters wireless is slow. celeron shouldnt make it slow right?

tvdang7

Supreme [H]ardness
ok my sister has a dell 2400 desktop
2.6 celeron
1 gig of ram
blah blah
linksys B wireless pci card.

she complains it's(connection) been slow since i reformated for her like 2 months ago but i just ignored her thinking shes retarded. well i finally did a speed test for her yesterday and shes getting like 275 on the roadrunner speedtest. while every other comp is running 1000+ on the test. what is up? the card driver is updated.

Connect it directly to the LAN to rule out the PC as the problem.

How far away are you from the wireless AP? 2.4ghz interference?

Plug into the lan, do a speedtest, if it is 1000+, then it's either a bad wireless NIC, bad wireless transmitter, or interference...

J

Is every other computer also wireless, or hard wired? Perhaps she is getting a weak signal? Or maybe she's not connected at 11 Mbps.

tvdang7 said:
but i just ignored her thinking shes retarded. well i finally did a speed test for her yesterday and shes getting like 275 on the roadrunner speedtest.

LOL.

But, no the Celeron will make everything else slow except her connection.

BillLeeLee said:
Is every other computer also wireless, or hard wired? Perhaps she is getting a weak signal? Or maybe she's not connected at 11 Mbps.

the router is directly across the game room from her comp no walls in between.. (approx 8feet)

i have3 hard wire and 2 more wireless. and windows says shes at 11mbps.

im at school right now but ill hardwire it when i get home.

it's simple. sister = spyware processes eating up network bandwidth. it's universally understood that women will consume all your resources - not even your bandwidth is safe ;)

for a real answer, what are your ping times like to your router and to your isp's gateway from her machine?

lol thanks but i found out either the adapter is messed up some how.
cuz on ethernet shes blazing fast .

owell too lazy to buy her a new one.

Back