So, my p180 Lower chamber Tricool 120MM Fan died.. I ordered a new one, help?

dubbyah

Limp Gawd
Unfortionately, this new antec tricool 120mm 3way fan that I ordered does not have indentations in the side for the latches on the lower chamber to fit into, like the tricool fan that came with the p180 had! What am I going to do? It wont fit there... Maybe I could tape it? But I dont wanna do that! Is there a place that sells lower chamber replacement fans, since it evidently is not a normal antec tricool 120mm? Help someone!

i just checked out a couple reviews, and neither one mentioned the front lower fan to be special, though i did see that one of Antec's included fans is a 120x38mm... weird predicament there, either way. judging from some of the pictures, i was under the impression that the fan screws into a bracket of some kind, and then that in turn clips into the case itself. is that not so?

there are many p180 owners here (TONS, in fact), so i'm sure you'll get an answer very soon. good luck to you!

Yeah it's definitely a 120x38mm fan down there, but I don't have an answer about where to get one.
I'm surprised it died already...hasn't even been a year has it?

Get a new one as a part of your warranty from antec? That'd be my first stop.

just screw it in. i didnt use any of my fan mounts, i screw them all directly to the case. even the bottom mid one. just take out the bottom hdd case and screw the fan in.

dubbyah said:
Unfortionately, this new antec tricool 120mm 3way fan that I ordered does not have indentations in the side for the latches on the lower chamber to fit into, like the tricool fan that came with the p180 had! What am I going to do? It wont fit there... Maybe I could tape it? But I dont wanna do that! Is there a place that sells lower chamber replacement fans, since it evidently is not a normal antec tricool 120mm? Help someone!

Are you talking about that L shaped bracket thing? You can remove the 4 screws, take it off the old fan, and then screw it onto the new one.

raxen said:
Are you talking about that L shaped bracket thing? You can remove the 4 screws, take it off the old fan, and then screw it onto the new one.

Yep, I had the bracket brake, and I asked antec to send me a new one....and they sent me a new bracket AND a new fan...eventhough the fan was fine. SCORE!

Hehe, anyways you can either remove the bracket from the old fan or just bolt it straight in (there are 4 holes there).

mine never worked in the first place.. i havent even bothered trying to order another or RMAing it

.Wiggles. said:
mine never worked in the first place.. i havent even bothered trying to order another or RMAing it
That's odd.
I would recommend using it, because it does a really good job of both cooling the HDDs (if you have them in the bottom cage) and keeping your PSU cool & quiet (if it has a dynamically controlled fan).
I have a Neo500 in mine, and the fan in the PSU spins so slow I would never be able to hear it.

Back