So... is MW2 actually fun? (Flame-free please. Looking for actual opinions...)

5 hours for $60, Jesus!

That's what freezes my ass more than any of the rest of it. I'm more of a single player person anyways although I do like to have a robust online feature set for a nice bonus. We all obviously know what the score is on all that but in my case with my preferences, I can't see me paying $60 for an expansion pack.

Forget about it.

YMMV

I just want to know one thing.

How many of you who bought MW2 also have Operation Flashpoint 2 Dragon Rising?

The multiplayer is impossible in OFP2 because of the lack of dedicated servers and I was curious to see if MW2 suffers this same affliction. Facts people, not speculation please.

I had no problems in the ~3 hours I played online last night, fast to find a game and no lag in game. I have not played OF2 though.

I just can't help but feel that if this were any other game coming out with a 5 hour SP campaign, good but gimped multiplayer and essentially an extension of the last game, it wouldn't get as much praise as it is getting. This game should not be at 95% on Gamerankings.

I don't mind my friends buying it at playing it at their houses, but there's no way in hell i'm dropping $60 on this. Not when I've put 23 hours into Dragon Age and it tells me I'm only 14% complete. And no, I don't expect an FPS game to give me 80 hours of gameplay, but I don't think 12 is too much to ask for.

Yes, this is based off having played it/seen it played/etc.

As a huge hater of the game, I downloaded it, and the single player is actually pretty good so far- the snow mobile chase was great.

There hasn't been a good cod game since cod1and it's expansion, man those were the days.

It's funny you mention this. COD4/5/6 I beat in one sitting. However, I cannot for the life of me finish COD1. I've tried playing it several times but get bored and quit.

I just can't help but feel that if this were any other game coming out with a 5 hour SP campaign, good but gimped multiplayer and essentially an extension of the last game, it wouldn't get as much praise as it is getting. This game should not be at 95% on Gamerankings.

No question about it in my mind whatsoever.

ahh well. out goes that rubbish about how the iw.net feature being implemented to stop hacking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MdSwgKtSYg

funny lol

fw3codmw2sshot002.jpg

It's not really $60 for 5 hours of play...you can beat it in one night and sell it to someone for $45-50 still. That's 5 hours of entertainment for the price of a movie ticket.

This thread is for people that have played the game anyway...no one cares about your opinion if you didn't play it. Don't want to pay for it? Then shut the hell up and hit the back button on your browser :rolleyes:.

The notion that it's a 5 hour game really is ridiculous. I've spent 28 hours in the game since it released on Steam last week. 6.5 of those were in the singleplayer mode, which was fun, but is only part of the experience. Spec ops and multiplayer really do give this game a lot of life. It might not be worth the price to folks who enjoy only the single player aspect, but it's wrong to call it a 5 hour game because of that.

It's not really $60 for 5 hours of play...you can beat it in one night and sell it to someone for $45-50 still. That's 5 hours of entertainment for the price of a movie ticket.

This thread is for people that have played the game anyway...no one cares about your opinion if you didn't play it. Don't want to pay for it? Then shut the hell up and hit the back button on your browser :rolleyes:.

Except that you can't sell it as it's bound to your steam account unless of course you sell your steam account along with the game.

Game rocks, played for 3hrs straight last night, never a connection problem for me. 12 man servers are great I allways hated servers with so many people in the u just spawn and fire to hit someone.

I finally got some time to play MW2 and like it a lot. It's got the same "grab you by the throat" feel that made the first MW so cool. One thing is kinda odd, though. Hearing Optimus Prime (Gen. Shepherd) narrate the story and bark orders is a bit distracting. :p

I finally got some time to play MW2 and like it a lot. It's got the same "grab you by the throat" feel that made the first MW so cool. One thing is kinda odd, though. Hearing Optimus Prime (Gen. Shepherd) narrate the story and bark orders is a bit distracting. :p

now I get it.

Ach,

General Shepherd was a wierd charactor, anyways:p

I watched my friend playing it on X-Box. It was the snow mobile level. I will not comment on actual game play since I wouldn't be caught dead playing it on a controller, but the story was over-the-top-Transporter-2 ridiculous. It was like my friend was G.I. Joe in the G.I. Joe cartoons, with a million Cobra shooting at him and missing, and then taking out 20 of them with a wave of his machine gun. Fun to play? Maybe. Realistic? Negatory.

I started this thread - I ended up picking it up a week ago, and I have to say, CoD MW2 is absolutely fantastic. Lack of dedicated servers is a bit annoying, even on "good" servers pings are generally 80ms or so, but the game is just a total blast. Single player was very good, and multiplayer is excellent.

I give it 9/10, if it supported dedicated servers AND matchmaking like the current system it'd be 9.7/10

Back