So I'm a Razer fanboy

Pipo

Gawd
Not by choice to be honest. I took a gamble and went with a Deathadder when they first came out, without ever using a Razer product before. I was just sick of Logitech mice failing on me. The mouse has been stellar since and when it came time to buy a new keyboard, I went against my own notion that any regular keyboard would do, especially as a replacement for a 6 year old $15 keyboard. I went to Best Buy and tried out all the keyboards they had on display and fell in love with the Lycosa. Felt and looked a lot better than everything on display (including the Eclipse II). So now I got an email in my inbox that links me to this:

http://www.speedofthelight.com/

What's Razer's new big thing gonna be? D:<

rofl i'm an idiot. I didn't even see the mouse the first time i went to the page.

GG ATTENTION TO DETAIL.

I hope this thing isn't 500000000 DPI. 1600- 1800 is sweet spot for me.

No way man, old skool mice FTW!1

I love cleaning the lint out of the ball well.

Their next big thing is a giant mouse that goes in the subway.

But anyway...

I haven't really ever been a fan of the Razer products. Though, they are certainly better than those god forsaken exchangeable keyset things I see all the g4m3r kiddies using.

I love Razer's mice, but I've had terrible luck with their QC. Had one mouse quit working correctly for me and had another with malformed buttons that wouldn't click. I took the top off the one that quit and swapped it onto the one with defective buttons, so I made it work. So I've had 2 out of 3 fail or be defective from the factory. That's a horrible ratio.

I need to get a new keyboard, but I'm torn in between the Logitech G15 and Lycosa. I mean, I'm all for a great feeling keyboard, but I need somewhere where I can get a hands-on on the Lycosa. Maybe I'll check my local Canadian BestBuy and see if they have any.

Then again, I'd really like having that G15 LCD screen (the main application I want it for is to display people's names talking in Ventrilo...would be very useful to me).

Yeah, I'm a fanboy of Razer as well. I have 2 of their mice and their exactmat. Next is a keyboard and headset.

I'm not a fan of the shape (I prefer palm-filling mice like Logitech makes), but their mice seem to be very good quality.

My razer died, my friends skipped when he moved fast. Both using MS IE 3.0 now.. best mouse ever.

mice are so expensive here in new zealand that i was hesitant to pay over $100nz for a copperhead to try one, i mean if i didnt like it then theres $100 down the toilet. my friend got one and i tried it out and damn, very nice mouse. i would have purchased one if i didnt find a new mx518 for $40

Who palms the whole entire mouse? Especially while playing fast paced FPS games. You are just begging to be killed.

Who palms the whole entire mouse? Especially while playing fast paced FPS games. You are just begging to be killed.
That is true, but just as an example the standard Logitech mouse design as of late promotes a finger grip that is lower on the chassis so the palm is easier to contact the rear. This is in contrast to the Razer mouse designs that promote a finger grip near the top of the mouse (almost parallel to the buttons). I find the Razer design much easier to use and more precise with my larger hands. If I was to buy a mouse now, it'd be the DA, but I am satisfied with my CH.

Of course my Death Adder just arrived today and now the next big thing is announced...

jaguax said:
I do, and I'm pretty damn good at it too. Just because it doesn't work for you doesn't mean it doesn't work for anyone. Also, especially with FPSes, precision is far more important than speed.

Boomslang is different in that respect, it's larger and flat and is much better to "palm" it was their first design and I feel the best one of the lot, thats why I paid so much to get the CE edition, I actually use this thing.

I used the regular ass Logitech optical mice forever. I prefer the smaller, low-profile mice. The big palm mice never have felt right to me. I've thought about trying a G3, but haven't had a compelling reason to go drop the cash for one just to try it out.

I got an OCZ equalizer mouse, and its GREAT. I'm used to using it at 2500DPI in games, and it really does the same thing as most of these other mice, for only 30 dollars.

Back