So I remember someone asking about successful Kickstarters

Sycraft

Supreme [H]ardness
The second Kickstarter I backed (Wasteland 2 being the first) just handed out their beta to everyone. It's called FTL and is a little indy Rogue like space game. They sent out Steam keys to all the backers and it is up and running great.

So while it hasn't been delivered in "release" form yet, it has been delivered.

good to see they are already getting betas out for some of the games.

It's interface is quite good, not messy at all. In terms of gameplay... Well it suffers from two things:

1) The general rougelike randomness. You can be playing with good strategy and then a random event can fuck you over.

2) The difficulty curve. It starts pretty gradual and then shoots way the fuck up. Not really that fun.

It's a good idea and technically well implemented, but the gameplay needs work.

Waiting on the first part of the Carmageddon Kickstarter! The original game on GoG... But it hasn't come out yeet! They promised Auguuust! (or September...I refresh it every hour and nothing) :eek::D

While lots of the games will be scams, not all of them will. Though, probably not all the games will be that good, as not all games are. :D

Can see a big "shock" coming in the future when one of these projects turns out to be a turd.

It's interface is quite good, not messy at all. In terms of gameplay... Well it suffers from two things:

1) The general rougelike randomness. You can be playing with good strategy and then a random event can fuck you over.

2) The difficulty curve. It starts pretty gradual and then shoots way the fuck up. Not really that fun.

It's a good idea and technically well implemented, but the gameplay needs work.

Have you told the developer this? Might help!

I have. They haven't responded that I can see (I imagine they are fairly busy) but I do have like 3 pages on their forums of fanboys saying I'm a moron more or less and "You just need to follow the learning curve instead of the difficult curve".

So unfortunately, I doubt it gets changed at least until after the gaming press gets their hands on it. As with many indy games, there are a ton of fan-boy yes-men on the forums. The problem is of course that it can make devs think their work is better than it is. I mean we all want to think we are doing well, and if there's one guy saying "this is a problem" and 30 saying "you are stupid no it isn't," the dev is likely to think "Ya there's no problem."

I tried and we'll see what happens however as it stands, I'd tell everyone to steer clear. It really isn't a lot of fun. Just to see I decided to cheat and max out my ship. Still couldn't deal with the last sector on easy. It just goes form easy to impossible in a very short time.

Back