So, I just bought the biggest turd EVAR!

Buying a turd sucks but I agree with those who say that you should research your purchases first. Personal responsibility needs to make a comeback. Thanks for the warning about this POS though.

Please refer to post #25.:D

Is this really where PC gaming is at nowdays? Where you have to spend time reading dumb user's reviews and paid-to-review IGN.com and the like just to find out if the game isn't so bugged out you can even save?

Welcome to reality - not just in PC Gaming unfortunately.

Prototype for the PC is the worst shit ever contrived. Never got the fucking thing to run. Absolute garbage!

Figured I'd add this one into the bullshit sold on Steam that doesn't work.

Prototype for the PC is the worst shit ever contrived. Never got the fucking thing to run. Absolute garbage!

Figured I'd add this one into the bullshit sold on Steam that doesn't work.

Put your audio settings down to 441000. That was a known glitch this game and a few others had out there.

A fun game that got repetitive after a point. There's potential there for a LOT more.

Please refer to post #25.:D

There are plenty of good $10 games so I wouldn't say to never buy another $10 game. For every Painkiller Recurring evil there is a Capsized (great game that debuted at $10). Steam will sell any game that they think will make money. I don't fault them for selling a turd. What if they got it to work perfectly when they screened it and they actually loved the game ?

Breaking The Rules was also $10. I wouldn't be so mad if online worked at least. That's why me and a buddy bought it!

terreria was under 10 and that game is crazy good. heck minecraft i believe was free originally. is it still free?

Any of us that bought that turd at any price at all have to hang our heads in shame.

That series needs a real sequel in a bad way.

Being unable to shoot people because your FPS is too high is just fucking moronic.

No reply from Steam yet.

I did fool around with the game files last night, but no progress.:(

Essentially, I am able to play on the default settings, but as I get about 1/2 way through the second level, the game wont auto save and allow me to progress any further.
I get a pop-up with something about script errors.

I've deleted and redownloaded twice.....I'm done with this.:mad:

As I said, I don't mind buying something and finding out it just wasn't fun or graphically ugly, or whatever...........but this POS is just a bugged up turd.

No reply from Steam yet.

I did fool around with the game files last night, but no progress.:(

Essentially, I am able to play on the default settings, but as I get about 1/2 way through the second level, the game wont auto save and allow me to progress any further.
I get a pop-up with something about script errors.

I've deleted and redownloaded twice.....I'm done with this.:mad:

As I said, I don't mind buying something and finding out it just wasn't fun or graphically ugly, or whatever...........but this POS is just a bugged up turd.

Sometimes it takes 1-2 business days but be nice, be polite, be specific, chances are they'll at least kick you back the full value as credit towards your next Steam purchase.

I've done it a few times but really: To me that's a broken product and I'd simply tell them that you can't get it to work. That's a fairly non-negotiable statement and I think you'll find it'll work out well for you in the end. :)

Being unable to shoot people because your FPS is too high is just fucking moronic.

Indeed.

Sometimes it takes 1-2 business days but be nice, be polite, be specific, chances are they'll at least kick you back the full value as credit towards your next Steam purchase.

I've done it a few times but really: To me that's a broken product and I'd simply tell them that you can't get it to work. That's a fairly non-negotiable statement and I think you'll find it'll work out well for you in the end. :)

Agreed. I was very polite and as specific as I could be.

The monies aren't really the object so much as Steam having such junk for sale.:D

I thought for sure this would be a thread about the mass effect series.

terreria was under 10 and that game is crazy good. heck minecraft i believe was free originally. is it still free?

Minecraft is actually like $26.95 now. Used to be ~$13 back in Alpha I think. Been a long time since it was free.

Agreed. I was very polite and as specific as I could be.

The monies aren't really the object so much as Steam having such junk for sale.:D

If businesses stopped selling products that had a rate of failure then we would have nothing to buy as consumers. It's just the sad truth. Pretty much everything on the market is bound to not work for a bunch of people.

Back