so i got foobar2000

Mayhs

2[H]4U
a lot of you recommend it but i guess thats with installed plug-ins?

right now im not impressed:(

i cant even search for an artist or album...

what can i do to make it better?

It might be the coolest audio player ever made, but from the perspective of someone that's never used it or installed it before it's pretty fuckin' plain, and most people want more. So remember that whenever someone new to foobar - as the OP obviously is - learns more about it and how to customize it.

It's the most vanilla audio player there is until you spend time with it and get it set up the way you want with all the customization/configuration/etc tailored specifically to your needs/wants/requirements.

But just going and downloading it and installing it doesn't leave much room for "Oh yeah, this is the coolest fuckin' audio player I've ever seen/used/heard about." It's straight vanilla from the install, Jack... then the fun begins...

I use foobar for conversion duties; it's pretty good for that once you get it set up correctly and easy to just right click > convert to most any other format, especially if I'm taking some FLAC backups and turning them into VBR mp3 files for whatever reason.

But I still use WinAMP 2.91 for all my audio duties. It's small, unobtrusive, takes practically zero resources, has plugins out the wazoo, and I really don't care what a player looks like since I keep 'em minimized and out of the way anyway.

But foobar has developed a nearly cultish following since it appeared, most notably over at HydrogenAudio, so I guess some people like it - I do, but just for the ease of conversion duties and not as an audio player, oddly enough.

lol:p

yeah it has

winmx is pretty nice but can you search with it thats all i need? and does it have a play count?

mine looks like this. I just found other peoples configs.

foobar.jpg

got someones fcs file and imported it in with the colums UI addon. It kinda was a pain in the ass to get it going.

pm your email and i can send you the fcs like that. I hacked the colors and such.

I chose Foobar because it was vanilla. At most it uses 10MB of Ram, average 7-8MB of Ram.

But anyway, good luck with the customization. As you can see, foobar can be made to your specifications, not someone elses'.

Couple of years. HydrogenAudio has had a subforum for it ever since the project began, and it just continues to be a slow growing but popular "road less taken" kind of audio player.

Playlist mode and visual mode
Foobar2000.png

File directory
FoobarDirectory.png

Still working on finding buttons that better match the InpsiratSE theme.

i'd always was inspired by people who know how to make their foobar like this. BoA rocks

Thanks! BoA is one of my favorite asian performers. And as to making foobar look like that, it's a mod of bbmartini's config. Look at his post, it's a step-by-step walkthrough. Doesn't get any easier than that. Just install the necessary components, then copy/paste the code into the correct spots. Done! I just started using foobar last week.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=175690&st=6015

Have fun!

Back