So how many of you mine using Windows 10?

Airbrushkid

2[H]4U
So how many of you mine using Windows 10? And if you do use W10 how do you deal with Microsoft's updating?

Just set the PC to auto login with netplwiz
Set your .bat file to run for startup

Let it run updates, it'll just reboot and auto log back in and auto start mining.

i had windows 10 running for a little over a year to give it a chance. to many shit ways it make my tinkering with my computer to slow. so i went bakc to windws 7 and it was beatifull.

However mine was very specific case of un nomalr usage. it work perfect for just starting games and webbrowsing.

I mine on one Windows 10 pro box, the rest are linux or Windows Server. I don't have the Win10 box set up to auto login nor do I have a .bat to start mining on boot. However, I manually check for updates myself and apply them so the machine generally doesn't have to reboot itself. I also adjusted the "busy hours" to be from 6pm until 8am, so if it does happen to reboot and stop mining I will catch it in a short time.

8 rigs all on windows 10. No problems. I think the biggest problem is the user, not the OS.

I started with Windows 10. It's easy, especially with overclocking. Then I figured out how to set up a headless overclocked Ubuntu Server box and now that's what I do.

I'm trying to switch a 6-card one over to Win10, and I'm not having much luck. Had to drop down to 5 cards to boot into Windows. Now it seems it shuts down randomly, and I've yet to figure out why. I'd love to save the power running them all on Windows, but ethOS seems way more solid for me :/

EDIT: Derp, checked logs, and it had an error waking up from hibernation. Went and disabled hibernation and also noticed it was set to sleep after 30 min. *sigh* I thought to disable Windows Updates but forgot basic power settings. Guess we'll see how it goes overnight now.

Last edited:
Thank you people. I am thinking of trying Simplemining OS. I hear you get a better hash rate. The only thing is cost $2.00 a month to use.

8 rigs all on windows 10. No problems. I think the biggest problem is the user, not the OS.

Actually windows 10 is a problem if you leave it at default out of box configuration. Has a mind of its own and will reboot whenever it feels like and interrupt your mining, mess with GPU drivers, install bloatware , etc.

I run a highly customized install of 10 Pro with all the app bloat/store/cortana removed from the installation ISO, so all the useless crap never even installs. I also block updates and telemetry.

Last edited:
I actually don't do anything about Windows updates. I get email notifications every time one of my workers go offline.

Thank you people. I am thinking of trying Simplemining OS. I hear you get a better hash rate. The only thing is cost $2.00 a month to use.
I use Windows 10 one some rigs and Simplemining on others. I love the simplicity of simplemining. Undervolting is better with windows 10.
And I stopped the windows update service (you can google how to do that. I havent had an update problem since.

Back