So any great backpacks you'd recommend?

Whach

[H]ard|Gawd
I've had my Targus laptop backpack for 10 yrs and the straps are failing. Best money I've ever spent on a bag considering its longevity and heavy usage & travel. So it's time for a replacement and I've come up with these so far, but I'd like to ask everyone about their own choices/favs too.

I now carry more gadgets than when I bought my the Targus back in the day (smartphones, tablets, camera etc) so an updated storage design is necessary at this point. I don't mind paying around 150$ considering I lug around a lot of gear. The only one out of this list that is pushing it price wise is the Booq boa flow.

1) OGIO Renegade RSS
2) Thule Crossover 32L
3) Targus Drifter II
4) Targus Demolition
5) Booq Boa Flow

looking forwards to opinions/suggestions : )

Tactical Tailor Urban Operator Pack or M5 Medic Pack.
made in USA with good warranty
*they have frequent sales around holidays

Can't go wrong with Ogio or Swiss gear. There's a lot of these threads if you do a search to see what everyone has recommended.

Hands down the SwissGear Blue Ibex 17" Computer Backpack. I've used it daily (Mon-Fri) for a good 5+ years now. Has never let me down. Already bought a backup for the day it eventually wears out.

Tons of room, great design, versatile as hell. B&H Photo sells them for around $76 shipped with no tax if you're outside of NY.

Also, take a look at the Bandit II, I like it better than the Renegade.

It has less pockets in front which makes it a little roomier. The extra pocket on the Renegade makes those two front pockets pretty small. It's a small difference, but was enough to sway me to get the Bandit. I do like the water bottle holder on the renegade better though.

So I've gone for the OGIO renegade and the Thule and decide between the two after using them for a week or so at a time. Will post some pics and views on them if anyone is interested.

I have the Astro Gaming Scout MLG backpack and it fits my ASUS G751 17" gaming laptop - it's snug...but it fits and it's safe. Great backpack for gaming laptops since it has a protected pocket for your headset/mic (I carry Sennheiser PC 360s).

Back