Snowden: I'd Go To Jail To Come Back To The U.S.

That he'd pretty much not be given a fair trial and found guilty right off the bat.

Many people will say he broke the law so should face the punishment; regardless of whether the law that was broken is just or not.

Many just accept laws and rules without question and, those who do so, would gladly see him given the death penalty or worse the moment he steps back on U.S. soil.

Yup and I would pull the trigger if they would let me.

That he'd pretty much not be given a fair trial and found guilty right off the bat.

Many people will say he broke the law so should face the punishment; regardless of whether the law that was broken is just or not.

Many just accept laws and rules without question and, those who do so, would gladly see him given the death penalty or worse the moment he steps back on U.S. soil.

He did break the law. His intent, for good or ill, really does not mean a thing. He did break the law, as such, a fair trial would almost certainly end with a guilty verdict. My opinion is that his statement was just to try to stay in the press. Guys like him are easily forgotten once the media machine finishes milking them.

Do we really need to question laws that government employees should not steal and then release data? No.

Do we really need a government that is willing to commit questionably unethical acts, invade the privacy of it's own citizens, and quite likely violate it's own constitution? Many would say no.

Yup and I would pull the trigger if they would let me.

And thankfully you're not the one calling the shots.

He did break the law. His intent, for good or ill, really does not mean a thing.

Get back in line with the rest of the rank and file.

In all seriousness though. The issue I have is that the government is that one creating it's own laws by which they operate and some of these agencies have very little or no oversight/transparency which is a dangerous thing.

The police don't police themselves and will let each other get away with some very heinous things. Bring it to the level of the NSA/CIA and other 3 letter agencies and they have far greater reach and ability to do things that they should not which they hide from the public.

Topics like this are very polarizing but it seems like many just accept things as they are and don't question or challenge the powers that be.

Topics like this are very polarizing but it seems like many just accept things as they are and don't question or challenge the powers that be.

Why should people question those powers? Things are pretty cool. Life is awesome and comfy. There's Internet access for cat pics/vids and sending e-mail and we have stuff to eat. Even the lower classes can go into debt buying stupid stuff like pickup trucks, booze, and energy drinks. Which means when someone asks....

So you're ok with the NSA having the ability to spy on everything you do?

I can happily answer, "Yes, I think limiting their ability is just asking for problems. In fact, I think this kinda visibility needs to extend to all levels of government and law enforcement so all government people are able to keep an eye on their citizens since it's their jobs anyhow."

17ielvjicc32pjpg.jpg

troll.jpg

troll.jpg

'Nuff Said!

'Nuff Said!

Don't be silly. You and I both know that most people aren't responsible enough to take care of themselves and they need someone else to look after them. Just like, go to any trailer court in the US and you'll understand. The middle- and working-classes need people to keep an eye on them for their own safety.

Troll fights are the best. Not only are they admitting they are trolls and their posts are moot, they are now fighting to see who is actually better at trolling. Irony.

Your good opinion...means the world to me.

*BOW*

Heh. CUG wasted my time earlier in this thread with his trolls. I'm just repaying the favor.

QAKFpPF.gif

Your good opinion...means the world to me.

*BOW*

Heh. CUG wasted my time earlier in this thread with his trolls. I'm just repaying the favor.

QAKFpPF.gif

Besides, I have years and years (and years and years (and years and years and years)) of experience from the USENET wars.

I've... seen things... you people wouldn't believe. Newsgroups on fire off the shoulder of alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near rec.games.mecha... All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like [chokes up] tears... in... rain. Time... to die.

Besides, I have years and years (and years and years (and years and years and years)) of experience from the USENET wars.

I've... seen things... you people wouldn't believe. Newsgroups on fire off the shoulder of alt.wesley.crusher.die.die.die. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near rec.games.mecha... All those... moments... will be lost, in time, like [chokes up] tears... in... rain. Time... to die.

Well, whenever you're done being impressed by your own vast experiences dealing with life that you gathered via so much time spent on the Internet, let me know and we can have a more serious conversation about how the world can become a better place. :) Until then, keep working at the idea of attracting attention and trying to appear witty to a forum of people who mostly don't care either way who's saying what to who by posting images instead of thinking and using your big boy words.

In all seriousness though. The issue I have is that the government is that one creating it's own laws by which they operate and some of these agencies have very little or no oversight/transparency which is a dangerous thing.

The police don't police themselves and will let each other get away with some very heinous things. Bring it to the level of the NSA/CIA and other 3 letter agencies and they have far greater reach and ability to do things that they should not which they hide from the public.

Yeah just because something is illegal or legal does not make it wrong/right considering it's the bad guys that determine the laws. In a perfect world, laws would be decided by the people not the government, and government would have to abide by them too. The purpose of government should be to keep order and serve the people, but that idea is long gone these days. They are there for their own agenda and have all power to themselves.

It seems that another whistleblower is also detailing the inner workings of the U.S military assassination program. The documents show an unprecedented glimpse into flying drones.

You know who is a bigger traitor to the us than snowden? Hillary. One guy is doing three years for losing ONE email. Another was prosecuted under the Espionage Act for sharing classified information with a reporter. The lack of prosecution of her and his persecution can only be explained by a double standard.

You know who is a bigger traitor to the us than snowden? Hillary. One guy is doing three years for losing ONE email. Another was prosecuted under the Espionage Act for sharing classified information with a reporter. The lack of prosecution of her and his persecution can only be explained by a double standard.

The info in her possession was far more sensitive. Scif room sensitive.

Back