• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sniper: Ghost Warrior

This game is a JOKE! Do not waist your money on it. I played it at a friends. It is worthless. Hell, if you download games this one will still be a waist of your time. No such thing as using cover, or sniping, because the enemies see you from miles away. And once 1 guy sees you they all see you. BFBC2 sniping is a lot more fun and satisfying.
 
This game is a JOKE! Do not waist your money on it. I played it at a friends. It is worthless. Hell, if you download games this one will still be a waist of your time. No such thing as using cover, or sniping, because the enemies see you from miles away. And once 1 guy sees you they all see you.

I definitely noticed that in the demo.
 
Maybe you were wearing a pink dress that's why they can see you. Hehehe.
 
eh, not sure what you are talking about. the game is as follows:
if you are in weeds and nobody is suspicious then you are invisible
if a guy gets suspicious and he has a line of sight to you then he will point his gun and then alert goes off. there is a stealth meter that will fill when this happens
if you shoot him with a gun within say 2 seconds you are fine.
if you shoot a person and others have a line of sight then the alert goes off
so the rules take a bit of getting used to but they work
the bigger problem is that people on alert get highlighted but not all people go on alert, and they are extremely difficult to see
so a few areas were tricky but overall I really enjoyed the game
 
be nice if someone would do a little research and build a real sniper game...something closer to the ARMA type of blend between a shooter and a simulation.

Taking into account bullet drop and wind drift, Coriolis drift and gyroscopic drift.

Also if you want to be really anal about making it a simulation ;)

The spotter should be with the sniper...1) to help give him ranging and wind information and 2) to cover his back....

Also the bullet in that trailer had a cannelure and no boat tail. US sniper bullets do not have a cannelure and they do have a boat tail.
 
be nice if someone would do a little research and build a real sniper game...something closer to the ARMA type of blend between a shooter and a simulation.

Taking into account bullet drop and wind drift, Coriolis drift and gyroscopic drift.

Also if you want to be really anal about making it a simulation ;)

The spotter should be with the sniper...1) to help give him ranging and wind information and 2) to cover his back....

Also the bullet in that trailer had a cannelure and no boat tail. US sniper bullets do not have a cannelure and they do have a boat tail.

Sounds like you already know the ins and outs. Now all you need is a programmer, texture artist, level artist, sound artist, music artist, writer, voice actors...;)
 
Unfortunately I have only been able to get the game to play once. The first time, and every time after the second time (the only session that worked) I have been plagued with video corruption:

snipercrap.jpg


When it worked I had Crossfire and PhysX enabled. I have also tried them both disabled. I have also tried rebooting, restarting Steam, lowering the in-game settings and running the game in XP SP2 compatibility mode. None of them have worked. Graphics card temps are not the problem. It does this immediately after booting and I'm able to play BF:BC2, Metro 2033 and Crysis at max settings for hours with no heat issues.

I'm guessing this is a driver issue or bug, but if anyone has a suggestion for getting around this problem I'm listening. :) Thanks for the help.
 
I would peg the HFOV at about 60 on my 16:10 display. Potentially less. Absolutely, positively fucking unbearable. It's like sticking icepicks in your eyeballs.

Game has potential otherwise, apart from the obvious "enemies can see you pretty much no matter what" part.
 
I would peg the HFOV at about 60 on my 16:10 display. Potentially less. Absolutely, positively fucking unbearable. It's like sticking icepicks in your eyeballs.

Definitely needs an option for the user to adjust.


Game has potential otherwise, apart from the obvious "enemies can see you pretty much no matter what" part.

This was painfully evident even in the demo and it's a fatal flaw in my eyes considering the whole point to the game is being stealthy.

I didn't care for the super strict rails the game puts you on, either. I don't mind linear games when they're done well but some of the limits on the player in this were just absurd and like having a straitjacket on.
 
Can somebody justify why as a dev you wouldnt fix the FOV for the PC port? is it really that f ing hard to do honestly?
 
Unfortunately I have only been able to get the game to play once. The first time, and every time after the second time (the only session that worked) I have been plagued with video corruption:

Heh, that's no video corruption, you just have your ghillie hood on backwards! ;)
 
This game is a JOKE! Do not waist your money on it. I played it at a friends. It is worthless. Hell, if you download games this one will still be a waist of your time. No such thing as using cover, or sniping, because the enemies see you from miles away. And once 1 guy sees you they all see you. BFBC2 sniping is a lot more fun and satisfying.

That sucks, it looked like fun.
 
I preordered the game and just got around to playing it last night. Man, what a waste of $30.

I had a different experience from 2wiced. My experience was that enemies didn't see me. I was like, right next to them and they didn't notice. Worse, was that they didn't notice me sniping ppl. I mean, seriously. If the head of the guy next to you all of the sudden, explodes, I'd notice that. No, he just sat there and let me snipe him too. Maybe if I set it to Hard difficulty, instead of medium, it'll change.

I also found the waypoints to be broken. When you make the waypoint, it's suppose to disappear. Then the next waypoint appears. Needless to say, sometimes they didn't disappear. So you have to wander around the jungle, until you get close enough to the next invisible waypoint.

Trash game. It had potential and that's pretty much all it has.
 
Wonder how many people would have bought this if it hadn't been advertised all over Steam during a massive sale...
 
If it wasn't on Steam, I would have never watched the trailer. Also would have never bought the game. I think Delta Force: Blackhawk Down did a better job with sniping than this game.
 
How can you watch that trailer and think of Multiplayer at all? Honestly... lol. I mean, what, is multiplayer just going to be a bunch of campers waiting around for others to move around a sandbox level? I wouldn't buy or consider this game at all if you're wanting a multiplayer experience. This seems strictly single player to me.

Sounds like most of the players in Battlefield 2, whats the difference.
 
Shame...the game was not on my radar until the pretty impressive trailer. Now I'm thinking I'll be waiting for it to hit the bargain bins...
 
Back
Top