Snagged a G2

funkydmunky

2[H]4U
HP gave me a $75 off coupon for Canadian store. GRAD75. Pushed me over the edge. Paid for the taxes I guess. Love my Odyssey+ and feel I need a better GPU, but many have said they enjoy their G2 with equal or lesser. I am obviously familiar with the WMR environment some I am looking forward to a deep dive between the two.

My previous gaming rig was an i7-4790K with a GTX1080 and I was pleasantly surprised my G2 worked great. My big gripe outside the inherent WMR tracking weirdness is the new controllers remove some controls and it's making some titles a bit complicated with bindings. The view is really nice tho and the headset is pretty comfortable.

Weird, it does not work with the Threadripper TRX40 Motherboards USB ports.

I had to get an PCIe USB card to get it working.

Apparently its a well known bug :(

Weird, it does not work with the Threadripper TRX40 Motherboards USB ports.

I had to get an PCIe USB card to get it working.

Apparently its a well known bug :(
Has this been fixed or is this a problem with a certain brand motherboard?

Has not been fixed yet.

Its a total crapshoot too.
Ok thanks. I have a MSI TRX40 Pro WiFi, I guess I check around. I will probably get the Vive Pro 2 in the end anyways due to I am already setup and would also be for 3d modeling as well.

Has not been fixed yet.

Its a total crapshoot too.

Ok thanks. I have a MSI TRX40 Pro WiFi, I guess I check around. I will probably get the Vive Pro 2 in the end anyways due to I am already setup and would also be for 3d modeling as well.

This problem has been fixed. You have to contact HP support, they send out a replacement cable and you send your cable back to them. It's free.

Reactions: noko
like this
Yes it does. Make sure you get Rev 2 of the cable, lots of people have reported they have got Rev 1 of the cable back, not the new version. HP say they are sorting this out.
Can confirm. The Rev2 cable working great on an X570 Aorus Xtreme. Maybe even a little too good.

Has this been fixed or is this a problem with a certain brand motherboard?
My original cable was flaky with my X470 board with a 5950x. Eventually stopped working altogether. They shipped me the new revision cable and that seems to be working great so far.

Reactions: noko
like this
Back