• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Sn25p Vs. St20g5

I dont think there will be any problem whatsoever with venice cores. The only problem might be with the revision E4 cores, aka SanDiego or FX-57. Those are the cores that NF3/NF4 boards had problems with, which can be supposedly fixed with a bios update. The reason for the problem is because of a changed thermal monitoring system or something on the E4 cores, E3 cores (Venice) do not have that change and hence dont have that problem.

Venice will work just fine on ST20G5.

I also doubt that shuttle will come out with an NF4 G5 case, just wishes and hopes by a few people that has turned into a rumor.
 
Well I doubt there can be bigger difference between two XPC's that use same CPU as betwen this two.

All G5 and V3.0 G4 chasis use 92 mili fan and SilentX PSU hence they are very silen't.
P chassis are quiet as well but complitly other playground.
They are toolless. They cool HDD better then G chassis. They have integrated memory card readers and more space. Also Grafic slot is turned in good direction so dual slot coolers can be used. P chassis is bigger.
Nvidia makes more chipsets and is longer in the game then Ati.
Don't know how good is a this Ati chipset but once I've tryed (like on Asus Pundit-R) where bad preformers. Also installing additional video card makes nightmare situation. Like installing ATi grafic card on Ati chipset mobo and if on board chip is enebled will cause some crashes. When on board is disabled it still takes memory from RAM!!???


If G chassis is what You wan't cause it is smaller then You have other options then ST20G5.
My choice was SN95G5 and it;s great platform.




MD
 
but the SN95G5 does not have pci-express.

also, the onboard video does not take ram from the system when it is disabled.
 
Well normaly it doesn't but it does on some Ati chipsets like on one in ASUS Pundit R. It could be also ASUS f*ckup though they have allready lot of BIOS versions and thee is no cure for it.

Regarding PCI-e I don't realy see neccecity to get PC with it exept if You wanna SLI mashine or You want a stricly PCI-e grafic card.
Like I've could take for same money PCI-e system. Though why? My choice of grafic card was a 6800GT cause it's 256 MB and has all pipes unlocked standard. It can doo Ultra speeds and for Ultra You pay more without realy getting any feature more. Also most of Ultras have dual slot cooling.
So I've wanted G card and GT GPU is nativ AGP. Why should I then get PCI-e version of native AGP chip!?
PCI-e makes almsot no measurable advantage. Till it starts making difference most probobly My GT and MY system will be so old thatI 'l need new generation PC and grafic card.
That's why I took SN95G5 and AGP card. And it works great. It eats up HL2 and all new games. Also I wanted Nvidia card on nVidia chipset and A64 939 Winchester CPU. So I have it.

Only 6000 series nvidia cards/GPUs that are native PCI-e are 6200 and 6600/6600GT. So PCI-e was nothing for Me.





MD
 
I guess theoretically you could fit a dual slot card in the ST20G5, but it would be a lot of trouble and you'd almost surely be stuck at stock core speeds (as you'd have to get a smaller VPU/GPU cooler).

That said, the SN25P is surprisingly bigger... it won't fit in the PF30 Backpack (which is unfortunate)... but it does have the card reader.

I'd probably wait until the SN26P (the NF4-SLI SFF), that way you can utilize SLI and really take advantage of the extra space of the Pseries case.

Truth be told, a SN25P with a X850XTPE or GF6 6800ULtra will perform better (or at the very least, cooler) than a ST20G5 with even the highest-end single slot video card. The only way to make the ST20G5 support as much as the SN25P (in the video card department) is to use watercooling, but if you're watercooling you're spending more money which could have went towards getting an even better video card anyway...

I dunno.. its a tough decision... I'll probably wait for the SN26P though, as dual 6800GTs in SLI in an SFF the size of the Pseries chassis is just tooooo good.

peace,
OriginalOCer
 
naw...SLi...i don't want this thread to be a debate whether SLI is good or not...but i don't like the concept of having 2 power hungery heat producing video cards in a shuttle...

maybe if they make some changes to the P chassis...maybe.
 
I will has dual Operton in SFF that's also hot setup :)


MD
 
Erasmus354 said:
"P chassis isn't really all that great, 5 fans, so lots of noise, the cooling is no better than the G series at all. Both chassis will be noisy if you have a high end graphics card in it. IMO the G chassis looks loads better than the P chassis but that is personal preference."

Loud? Hehehe, it's not loud at all, it's actually even quieter than my old SB75G2 which i modded to silence the sucker down. And hey, the Smartfan option in the BIOS actually works and the system is ueber quiet. I love this system! Only complaint is that it's a bit fat compared to my old system :( If these chassis get any bigger they might as well stick to towers.
 
I'll squeeze Sapphire X850XT to ST20G5 by modifying it to single slot...

SB25P is 31% bigger in volume than ST20G5...
 
Back
Top