• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SMP client not using all 6 cores

fury

Limp Gawd
Joined
Dec 22, 2002
Messages
352
I just looked at my client to check on the status because I saw I wasn't getting any points today. It's running a 7600 project and is only using one core. I doublechecked my settings, restarted the client and everything, but still only one core is active. Did I for some reason get a non-SMP work unit?

# Windows SMP Console Edition #################################################
###############################################################################

Folding@Home Client Version 6.30

http://folding.stanford.edu

###############################################################################
###############################################################################

Launch directory: C:\Users\Dennis\Desktop\FAH_GPU_Tracker_V2\FAH GPU Tracker V2\SMP
Executable: C:\Users\Dennis\Desktop\FAH_GPU_Tracker_V2\FAH GPU Tracker V2\FAH.exe
Arguments: -oneunit -forceasm -smp -advmethods -verbosity 9

[22:38:07] - Ask before connecting: No
[22:38:07] - User name: fury (Team 33)
[22:38:07] - User ID: CDD66D65B08053E
[22:38:07] - Machine ID: 2
[22:38:07]
[22:38:07] Loaded queue successfully.
[22:38:07]
[22:38:07] - Autosending finished units... [June 16 22:38:07 UTC]
[22:38:07] + Processing work unit
[22:38:07] Trying to send all finished work units
[22:38:07] Work type a4 not eligible for variable processors
[22:38:07] + No unsent completed units remaining.
[22:38:07] Core required: FahCore_a4.exe
[22:38:07] - Autosend completed
[22:38:07] Core found.
[22:38:07] Working on queue slot 01 [June 16 22:38:07 UTC]
[22:38:07] + Working ...
[22:38:07] - Calling '.\FahCore_a4.exe -dir work/ -suffix 01 -nice 19 -nocpulock -checkpoint 3 -forceasm -verbose -lifeline 3308 -version 630'

[22:38:07]
[22:38:07] *------------------------------*
[22:38:07] Folding@Home Gromacs GB Core
[22:38:07] Version 2.27 (Dec. 15, 2010)
[22:38:07]
[22:38:07] Preparing to commence simulation
[22:38:07] - Ensuring status. Please wait.
[22:38:17] - Assembly optimizations manually forced on.
[22:38:17] - Not checking prior termination.
[22:38:17] - Expanded 242280 -> 506016 (decompressed 208.8 percent)
[22:38:17] Called DecompressByteArray: compressed_data_size=242280 data_size=506016, decompressed_data_size=506016 diff=0
[22:38:17] - Digital signature verified
[22:38:17]
[22:38:17] Project: 7600 (Run 30, Clone 22, Gen 0)
[22:38:17]
[22:38:17] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[22:38:17] Entering M.D.
[22:38:23] Using Gromacs checkpoints
[22:38:23] Mapping NT from 1 to 1
[22:38:23] Resuming from checkpoint
[22:38:23] Verified work/wudata_01.log
[22:38:23] Verified work/wudata_01.trr
[22:38:23] Verified work/wudata_01.xtc
[22:38:23] Verified work/wudata_01.edr
[22:38:23] Completed 1080280 out of 2000000 steps (54%)
[23:18:24] Completed 1100000 out of 2000000 steps (55%)
[23:58:56] Completed 1120000 out of 2000000 steps (56%)
[00:39:29] Completed 1140000 out of 2000000 steps (57%)
 
A4 is not smp .. in your config, try to set it to run with # of threads that you want .. i.e: -smp 6
I don't know if the tracker has option to set that # or not, but you can set it manually as follow:

- Stop V2 tracker app.
- Go to DOS prompt: Start --> run --> (type) cmd --> (hit) Enter
- at dOS prompt, type: cd C:\Users\Dennis\Desktop\FAH_GPU_Tracker_V2\FAH GPU Tracker V2\ ==> then hit ENTER
- then type: FAH.exe -configonly
- hit ENTER until "change advance option" type YES and hit ENTER
- hit ENTER until you see " Additional client parameters", type: -forceasm -smp 6 -advmethods -verbosity 9

.... hit ENTER until it gets back to DOS prompt.

Now you can start you V2
 
Last edited:
Ah, thanks :)

It is set to run with all cores. It's always run SMP units in the past. I guess this time I just got the luck of the draw. I won't dump the unit just cause this is killing my average PPD (I'm a little too old for dickish moves like that anymore), I was just worried it might indicate a config problem.

Will removing the advmethods switch affect completion of this work unit?
 
Fury,

A4 can be both multi and uni processor, but the 7600 WU you're crunching needs 6.34 or later of the SMP client - you're on 6.30. Install the 6.34 build and you should be good.

H.
 
Back
Top