Smoking [H]ot Newegg Samsung 830 128GB $89.99 shipped

Bunch of whiners in this thread.
You didn't get in on a deal?
Too bad. Life is full of disappointments.

Mods, do you think you can kill this dead deal thread or move it to hot deal discussion? It's pretty misleading due to people bumping it to the top...... me included, sorry. ;)

Sounds like you are the one whining...

I see a bunch of people that have questions regarding shipping and charges.

If you don't like it, then don't read it. Simple as that.

lol, so a discussion about people who have their orders in limbo, and ordered almost a full 24 hours before people who ordered way later and in some cases even received theirs is whining :rolleyes:
Mods, do you think you can kill this dead deal thread or move it to hot deal discussion? It's pretty misleading due to people bumping it to the top...... me included, sorry. ;)
I wish I could do this. Should I just PM a mod?
Sounds like you are the one whining...

I see a bunch of people that have questions regarding shipping and charges.

If you don't like it, then don't read it. Simple as that.
+1
Has the item shipped for anyone? mine still verifying atm. :confused:
Read my posts on the last page. People who ordered later are getting their orders sooner than the people who ordered earlier lol. Pretty F'd up imo

My two orders, showing that the one made 18 hours later is further in the process
Order placed at 12:02am PST - order verification
Order placed at 6:21pm PST - shipped with tracking info (Placed over 18 hours later)

Last edited:
Mine shipped and should be waiting for me when I get home tomorrow night. Need to find my OSX install disk so I can put that baby in my macbook pro.

Mine still says order verification even though I spoke to a rep who assures me it will ship today. Not getting my hopes up.

Mine was still processing 2 days after I ordered... Just cancelled the order...

ordered 2 on Wednesday morning at 8:19 AM CST. a hold for the amount was placed on my paypal, but not charged to my bank. still at Order Verification. order says shipping from CA.

asked live chat about the order, they said its unlikely it will ship today. guess ordering early doesn't always get you priority.

:(

edit:: packaging now :O

Last edited:
Finally spoke to 'Egg people today. Told me my order should ship by 2PM PST today.

Order placed at 12:02am PST - order verification
Order placed at 6:21pm PST - shipped with tracking info

What the reps said to SpeedBump613 and Burner27 makes sense. Despite my earlier order still being stuck at order verification, it does say "shipping from TN", while my later now shipped order is coming from CA. I think they're going to get these early orders out, but again this last to order first out thing is very bad business practice.

Both of mine are via Shoprunner. Also, and this makes no sense, but someone over at SD said a rep they talked to, claimed Shoprunner orders are given lower priority lol.

Wow they do Shoprunner to HI overnight? My partner is applying to U of Hawaii for her PhD in Physics. I won't be able to buy/sell/trade computer parts like I do now, but I hope she gets in :D

If it's anything like Shoprunner to Puerto Rico it's usually two day (sometimes three), but that'st still really nice considering shipping to HI/PR is generally more expensive, downright ludicrous at times, and not even available sometimes.

I was one of the early orderers (see p1), and my status finally just changed to 'packaging' as of 3 hrs ago. Man they nearly had me there

oh wait...ssd is still not in my hands...better not speak too soon!!

I was one of the early orderers (see p1), and my status finally just changed to 'packaging' as of 3 hrs ago. Man they nearly had me there

oh wait...ssd is still not in my hands...better not speak too soon!!
Ditto! Kinda bummed not gonna have it for this weekend. Wanted to be able to do a full reinstall, but a few more days not gonna kill me. :D

Mega-sigh. I really wanted one of the 830's as an upgrade to my (coincidentally) Samsung notebook, but by the time I saw this thread last week, Newegg was already out of stock & the promo code had expired. Guess I'll have to wait a while.

A 128 GB drive would be plenty. The machine shipped with a 640 GB (mechanical of course) drive, but I'll never use that kind of space on a notebook.

great.. FUCKING NEWEGG..

Called them up yesterday, the rep (Ryan) told me that it was a max of 48 hrs that this would be in verification and that it would be shipping out yesterday.

I check this morning and its still packaging.. siiighhh...

Mine is out for delivery!!!!! Watch, I need to sign for it and nobody will be home. :)

My tracking number is finally showing something. Unfortunately it's, BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED[M]! WTF Newegg! This is the worst billing, packing and shipping expereience I have ever had with them. I ordered early in the morning because I didn't want to miss out, but instead I get to slow boat from China effect when others that ordered after me have recieved their's already!. This is BS!

Well, mine shipped, but they used the Egg Saver shipping. That = 4-5 days from NJ to PA? Really? Good thing I didnt actually NEED it.

Got it delivered just right before I leave for work earlier this afternoon. I gonna install it on my primary PC tonight! :D

Patience has paid off.

Newegg, next time please don't do this AGAIN.

This deal has been dead since last Wednesday. Can you guys please stop bumping it to the top out of respect for the rest us waiting for a similar deal. Every time I see it I get excited only to realize its this thread bumped ttt again. ;)

That's a pretty good deal, very good deal. Does that mean the 256 GB version for $180 isn't far behind? I've seen them as low as $200 I believe.

Back