Smallest mATX Case?

Deevious

n00b
I'm looking for a case that will (barely) fit up to two 6950s in X-Fire. I was previously looking at going the mITX route with an SG-05 case but decided I would rather have the ability to add another card at a later date.

Any suggestions that would be along the lines of a SG-05 as far as fit is concerned?

This probably isn't helpful but I probably went through the same thought process as you, started with Shuttle then thought about mITX, then decided upon mATX.

Perhaps not the smallest in every dimension, but the Silverstone GD05 is 440 mm (W) x 150 mm (H) x 325 mm (D) and fits a standard PSU, full length video cards and has plenty of cooling. I will be attempting SLI with mine.

I also got a laugh out of this one which is actually ATX but due to its form factor actually would fit on my shelf: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811204039

Silverstone TJ08 is the smallest mATX case (in terms of volume). It is a mini tower.
regards
mariachi76

Silverstone TJ08 is the smallest mATX case (in terms of volume). It is a mini tower.
regards
mariachi76

TJ08 is 28 litres. There are many mATX cases smaller than that. It depends what you want to fit in the case and what features you want.

TJ08-E does look promising though (not released yet). Especially since the estimated RRP from Silverstone is $99 US.

I'm looking for a case that will (barely) fit up to two 6950s in X-Fire. I was previously looking at going the mITX route with an SG-05 case but decided I would rather have the ability to add another card at a later date.

Any suggestions that would be along the lines of a SG-05 as far as fit is concerned?
This is SG02-F case -
b_150314.jpg

a picture is worth a thousand words!

I have an SG03 and I'm not sure I'd use it for a dual card rig in its stock form. Its a great case but without some exhaust modification I'm not so sure its the ideal case for the heat two cards might generate. I've always said if I were to buy another SG03 I would have a blow hole and 120mm fan on top of it no matter how many cards I would put in it. Mine has not given me any problems of any sort but I would just feel better that it has some kind of rearward/upward exhaust.

Just to give you an idea on cost of such a mod for those that cannot do it themselves. I spoke to performancepcs about it once and they told me they could do the mod for about $20 so I'd probably go to someone like them to have it done since I'm no modder.

Just a FYI: I plan to build a rig with two 6950s in it but I'm going a bit bigger and using the Lian-Li V354 instead. I want to make sure I have room and better cooling. Now I just have to wait for the new improved P6 chipset matx mobos to be re-released. Mine will be a desktop rig though. My SG03 is my portable Lan rig.

Last edited:
Nice list, surprised that the GD04/05 are some of the smallest mATX by volume.

I have an SG03 and I'm not sure I'd use it for a dual card rig in its stock form. Its a great case but without some exhaust modification I'm not so sure its the ideal case for the heat two cards might generate. I've always said if I were to buy another SG03 I would have a blow hole and 120mm fan on top of it no matter how many cards I would put in it. Mine has not given me any problems of any sort but I would just feel better that it has some kind of rearward/upward exhaust.

Just to give you an idea on cost of such a mod for those that cannot do it themselves. I spoke to performancepcs about it once and they told me they could do the mod for about $20 so I'd probably go to someone like them to have it done since I'm no modder.

Just a FYI: I plan to build a rig with two 6950s in it but I'm going a bit bigger and using the Lian-Li V354 instead. I want to make sure I have room and better cooling. Now I just have to wait for the new improved P6 chipset matx mobos to be re-released. Mine will be a desktop rig though. My SG03 is my portable Lan rig.
I'm not above modding a case for better cooling. I would probably add an exhaust up top and a few in the back were I to use the SG-01 to SG-03 series.

That list is EXACTLY what I was looking for! +1 internets to you, sir!

Back