silk186
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- Feb 26, 2008
- Messages
- 1,628
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
internet and word processing
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
320 USD
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
China, I will buy on Taobao
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, CPU, MB, RAM, PSU, HDD, Blu-Ray, Monitor
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
19" 1680x1050
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within a month
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
On board video
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I'm planning on using Linux
I want to build two builds, probably identical.
This computer will be used for the internet, Skype and office. I'm thinking about putting Linux on both but I haven't worked with it before, one is for my co-worker and the other is for my grandfather. I'm thinking linux will run faster and be less likely to get viruses.
I want them to be low power and as small as possible without increasing the price.
I'm thinking that it is best to use either an i3 3225 or 3220. One hard drive and use integrated graphics.
Budget is 320 USD,
I'm building it in China, I will buy all of the parts off of Taobao.
I've been doing a bit of research and this is what I came up with:
CPU: Intel i3-3220
MB:ASRock B75M-ITX
RAM: Kingston 2x4 8GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB ST2000DM001
BR: Blu-ray player
PSU: Corsair CX430
CASE: COOLER MASTER Elite 120 Advanced
LCD: 19" LCD
I think that I can also get a second had 64GB SSD from her friend.
What is the smallest case I can get to hold all of this under $50
internet and word processing
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
320 USD
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
China, I will buy on Taobao
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Case, CPU, MB, RAM, PSU, HDD, Blu-Ray, Monitor
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
None
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
19" 1680x1050
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Within a month
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
On board video
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I'm planning on using Linux
I want to build two builds, probably identical.
This computer will be used for the internet, Skype and office. I'm thinking about putting Linux on both but I haven't worked with it before, one is for my co-worker and the other is for my grandfather. I'm thinking linux will run faster and be less likely to get viruses.
I want them to be low power and as small as possible without increasing the price.
I'm thinking that it is best to use either an i3 3225 or 3220. One hard drive and use integrated graphics.
Budget is 320 USD,
I'm building it in China, I will buy all of the parts off of Taobao.
I've been doing a bit of research and this is what I came up with:
CPU: Intel i3-3220
MB:ASRock B75M-ITX
RAM: Kingston 2x4 8GB
HDD: Seagate 2TB ST2000DM001
BR: Blu-ray player
PSU: Corsair CX430
CASE: COOLER MASTER Elite 120 Advanced
LCD: 19" LCD
I think that I can also get a second had 64GB SSD from her friend.
What is the smallest case I can get to hold all of this under $50
Last edited: