Slysoft Shut down

lone wolf

Gawd
well I was wondering when it would happen, AnyDVD no longer works...

from the Slysoft website:

Due to recent regulatory requirements we have had to cease all activities relating to SlySoft Inc.
We wish to thank our loyal customers/clients for their patronage over the years.

It still works on any title you previously decrypted or any title that's stored in the local database. The local database for Blu-ray is from October 2015 if I read the date correctly. So, titles newer titles that would phone home to get the key can't be decrypted, but everything else can.

Awesome. And DvdFab is fubared as well.

Edit: so apparently you now need their Passkey software to unlock the disc first. Then use DvdFab.

Last edited:
RedFox it's a garbage company, I paid for a product of Slysoft for life time use, now I am asked to pay extra money just because Slysoft changes its name to Redfox, funny! it s fucking robbery, I will block it if I see any products from your company.

Supposedly the same keys that worked for the Slysoft version AnyDVD work for the new Redfox version. Is that not the case?

RedFox it's a garbage company, I paid for a product of Slysoft for life time use, now I am asked to pay extra money just because Slysoft changes its name to Redfox, funny! it s fucking robbery, I will block it if I see any products from your company.

Never trust "lifelime" licenses for anything. No company can make money if they don't have income. So either they die off or stop supporting the license. The concept is pretty much always a scam.

Supposedly the same keys that worked for the Slysoft version AnyDVD work for the new Redfox version. Is that not the case?
It depends what you mean by "work". As of the last I looked your Slysoft key (if still valid) will work with any future Redfox version, but will not decrypt and discs / protections that are cracked post Slysoft.

It depends what you mean by "work". As of the last I looked your Slysoft key (if still valid) will work with any future Redfox version, but will not decrypt and discs / protections that are cracked post Slysoft.

Hmmmm. Gotcha. So those keys simple allow the new version to work, but it won't download any new updates unless you have a new Redfox key. Right?
I dunno, I haven't used this program in years, so was just curious.

Muy Old AnyDVDHD key is working just fine with the new RedFox updates. What exactly are you people talking about?

Ah, ok, Just read up on their forums.

Slysoft went out of business and people are bitching they'll have to pay. lulz. Welcome to the real world bitches.

Yes, you paid Slysoft, not Redfox. Slysoft is outta business.

Yes, you paid Slysoft, not Redfox. Slysoft is outta business.
Yeah, but the whole thing is a little iffy. Reportedly the owner decided to cease operation and shut down the company. The employees decide to continue to offer the product and reappear nearly instantly as Redfox and require everyone to buy new keys because they need to get paid.

I'm not saying it's a big conspiracy, but I can certainly see why some people are suspicious. It's not really possible to confirm the official story. The lack of a victory lap by anyone in the US gov't once it was shut down certainly is curious.

Considering what the software does, makes me wonder how many of those keys are legit in the first place.

Considering what the software does, makes me wonder how many of those keys are legit in the first place.
The program phones home and AFAIK, is reasonably robust against piracy as a result. They will block disable keys that are used on multiple computers at the same time.

Muy Old AnyDVDHD key is working just fine with the new RedFox updates. What exactly are you people talking about?
It was explicitly stated in an interview somewhere that the old slysoft keys won't be valid in the future.
So it works for now but expect it to break later.

There was a program called novakiller that rest the 30 day trial period. I used that for ~2 years before I bought a license.

The disadvantage was that since it was a trial license you had to wait 2-4 weeks for a new version to come out that had updated keys. Where as with a subscription you could have any version of the software and it would just phone home for the key updates. Being able to rip a bluray the day it came out was worth the money to me and with how much I used that thing (ripped 1200+ movies so far) I wanted to contribute.

A quick glance at the most well known of "those" sites shows no shortage of keys and cracks floating around. No clue if they work with the new revision, but it seems like the old Slysoft versions were pretty exploitable.

Very slight necro here but Redfox is officially dead... a few days ago days ago they released v8 with incompatible licenses. They also announced the servers for v7.x shutting down at the end of the month.

DVDFab it is then! Good thing I snagged a free key when they were giving them away.

Wait, so is RedFox dead or just the ability to use the old Slysoft licenses? Their website and forums are still live with downloads for the new version 8.0.1.
Does the new software not work or just the old versions?

Slysoft and its software is dead, not Redfox.

You'll need to buy a new license for Redfox software.

In glancing at DVDFab's website - they have like a dozen different products with divided functionality. They aren't cheap either. This RedFox thing looks a bit shady, but it also looks to be a better deal.

In glancing at DVDFab's website - they have like a dozen different products with divided functionality. They aren't cheap either. This RedFox thing looks a bit shady, but it also looks to be a better deal.
Realistically all you really need is Passkey, that's the software that's basically their version of AnyDVD HD. The full DVDFab product/suite is more of a rip and shrink kind of product.
I'm somewhat lucky in that I got one of their free license keys they were giving away a while back.

Back