• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

slow speed test on 2nd router

dhodson66

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 26, 2016
Messages
155
I have ATT fiber and use a TP-Link router for my home network. I do this to handle a large number of devices in the house hoping for superior throughput from the TP-Link. For years things have been fine but there was some sort of a power outage when i was away that resulted in my home network going down and needing to be reset. I reconfigured the ATT pace modem to DMZ plus mode and my tplink 5400 is behind it. Unfortunately when running a speed test i get fairly slow download speeds like 25 instead of the typical 500. This is a hardwired connection to the tplink which is how i use most of my connections. If i connect directly to the ATT pace device then i can get closer to 500. Can anyone give me an idea of any settings i forgot to change or did incorrectly that has caused this issue. I have the pace on 172.16.0.1 and the tplink on 192.168.0.1 addresses.
 
I would try doing a factory reset on the TP-Link and make sure you've got the latest firmware and reconfigure. If still not having any luck, I'd order a new one and test it out.
 
I have ATT fiber and use a TP-Link router for my home network. I do this to handle a large number of devices in the house hoping for superior throughput from the TP-Link. For years things have been fine but there was some sort of a power outage when i was away that resulted in my home network going down and needing to be reset. I reconfigured the ATT pace modem to DMZ plus mode and my tplink 5400 is behind it. Unfortunately when running a speed test i get fairly slow download speeds like 25 instead of the typical 500. This is a hardwired connection to the tplink which is how i use most of my connections. If i connect directly to the ATT pace device then i can get closer to 500. Can anyone give me an idea of any settings i forgot to change or did incorrectly that has caused this issue. I have the pace on 172.16.0.1 and the tplink on 192.168.0.1 addresses.
Are the two routers connected by wire or wireless?
 
Unfortunately hard reset of 2nd router didn’t change anything

I wonder if there is some setting on the pace modem/router that throttles devices in dmz plus mode?
 
Back
Top