slow speed test on 2nd router

dhodson66

Weaksauce
I have ATT fiber and use a TP-Link router for my home network. I do this to handle a large number of devices in the house hoping for superior throughput from the TP-Link. For years things have been fine but there was some sort of a power outage when i was away that resulted in my home network going down and needing to be reset. I reconfigured the ATT pace modem to DMZ plus mode and my tplink 5400 is behind it. Unfortunately when running a speed test i get fairly slow download speeds like 25 instead of the typical 500. This is a hardwired connection to the tplink which is how i use most of my connections. If i connect directly to the ATT pace device then i can get closer to 500. Can anyone give me an idea of any settings i forgot to change or did incorrectly that has caused this issue. I have the pace on 172.16.0.1 and the tplink on 192.168.0.1 addresses.

I would try doing a factory reset on the TP-Link and make sure you've got the latest firmware and reconfigure. If still not having any luck, I'd order a new one and test it out.

I have ATT fiber and use a TP-Link router for my home network. I do this to handle a large number of devices in the house hoping for superior throughput from the TP-Link. For years things have been fine but there was some sort of a power outage when i was away that resulted in my home network going down and needing to be reset. I reconfigured the ATT pace modem to DMZ plus mode and my tplink 5400 is behind it. Unfortunately when running a speed test i get fairly slow download speeds like 25 instead of the typical 500. This is a hardwired connection to the tplink which is how i use most of my connections. If i connect directly to the ATT pace device then i can get closer to 500. Can anyone give me an idea of any settings i forgot to change or did incorrectly that has caused this issue. I have the pace on 172.16.0.1 and the tplink on 192.168.0.1 addresses.
Are the two routers connected by wire or wireless?

Unfortunately hard reset of 2nd router didn’t change anything

I wonder if there is some setting on the pace modem/router that throttles devices in dmz plus mode?

Back