• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SLow CPU speeds when browsing.

Make sure your internet settings are set to a faster DNS server, so that your lookup time decreases.
 
I dont think that is the issue...I had an AMD dual core before this current system I built and I never had this strange lag issue...Could it be from putting the computer to sleep whenever I am not using it? That is the only thing I am doing different with this Build to save energy. Does that really help?
 
I dont think that is the issue...I had an AMD dual core before this current system I built and I never had this strange lag issue...Could it be from putting the computer to sleep whenever I am not using it? That is the only thing I am doing different with this Build to save energy. Does that really help?

Try it and see???
 
A month later and you are still dealing with this? Get a new hard drive already.
 
I've avoided chrome for quite a while, until last night when I decided to try it on a whim because firefox was freezing up occasionally. Wow it's blazing. I'm a convert to chrome and don't plan on looking back. It has a few issues I wish could be remedied, such as a real bookmarks bar on the left side of the screen, but I'm confident someone will take care of that. Chrome is blazing fast. I was surprised to see it has a whopping 20-30% market share now depending on where you look. Another year, and it will have caught up to firefox. That's pretty amazing considering Opera had potential but has never taken off mostly due to their own problems.

Give chrome a try.
 
Im not sure if its an issue with the browser, Ill switch to chrome & see...I might just reformat & hope that fixes it. BTW are their any really good deals on the SSD drives??
 
The thing is on my old system I dont remember this lag issue...I had an opteron 170 @ 2.8ghz 2 gigs ram. I dont remember it lagging like this...I should not be lagging with a quad core @ 3.8 ghz and 4 gigs ram..
 
I see that it says in use 1753 MB of Physical Memory while there is only 2278 avaliable... What is using up all that memory???
 
Can anyone chime in? Is there some sort of benchmark I can use to test out how fast the PC actually is so I can figure out where the bottleneck is at??
 
Have you tried removing 1 memory module at a time and testing it to see if the slowdowns are occurring with only a specific module?
 
No I have not. You mean memory stick? Do the mem sticks need to be in a certain position on the mobo? I think on AMD setups certain places were dual and other single..This is my first INTEL build. I am at 3.8ghz QUad & it seems laggy for such high speeds compared to my old AMD @ 2.8 Dual core
 
Do the mem sticks need to be in a certain position on the mobo?

Yes. And since the documentation is usually vague (even for a person who has built 200 computers over the last 20 years) I always check what memtest86+ says (single channel, dual channel) after installing the dimms.
 
For testing DIMM's one at a time, it probably doesn't matter what slot it's in.
 
How can I test them? I ran all of Prime tests & Intel Burn....no errors on either...
 
You get an F for not F-ing listening to advice people give you...
Get a new F-ing new hard drive!!!!!! No matter what, how big, how slow... If you were OK putting up with "slowdowns" for a whole month and not got a new drive, maybe you just don't have the $$$ for a fix...

Edit: mandatory ;):rolleyes::cool::eek::eek:
 
Last edited:
How can I test them? I ran all of Prime tests & Intel Burn....no errors on either...

1. Take out all the DIMM's.
2. Put only 1 in.
3. Turn system on.
4. See if you still get slow-downs when browsing.
5. Rinse, Repeat until all DIMM's have been individually tested for browser slow-downs.

If you still have slow-downs after checking each DIMM, then it's not faulty memory and one piece of the process of elimination will be eradicated. Then you can move on to other things to check and test.
 
Sounds like Adware/malware/spyware or just generally too much Javascript on the pages you visit. Also, if your browser has hardware acceleration enabled, I've personally experienced that causing CPU lag while it accesses the GPU. Clean that crap out and disable any browser acceleration.
 
Well I did a complete reformat & still got the issues..I just feel like 3.8 Quad should be a lot quicker than this...Again this is my first INtel build. Where is the hardware acc settings located? BTW do you guys use SiSoft Sandra for benching your PC?
 
Well I did a complete reformat & still got the issues..I just feel like 3.8 Quad should be a lot quicker than this...Again this is my first INtel build. Where is the hardware acc settings located? BTW do you guys use SiSoft Sandra for benching your PC?

Sound like you're about blame Intel for your issues....:rolleyes:
So you reinstalled Windows....on the same hard drive??????
 
You have all the Windows patches and latest Flash installed? Are you using any AntiVirus?
 
Sound like you're about blame Intel for your issues....:rolleyes:
So you reinstalled Windows....on the same hard drive??????

I would like to know what his HDtach scores are with that hard drive.

Google HDtach and run the tests please screen shot your results.

Edit: I may have missed it but what board are you running?
 
Yes reinstalled on same HD. I have the latest win updates & flash insalled and using AVG. My specs are quadcore INtel I5 750@3.8 w/after market heatsink/fan, Gigabyte GA P55A UD3, Gskill 2gb X2, win home prem 7, evga GTX 465. I have 2 regular 80gig sata hdd7200rpm in RAID 0
 
Capture.png
 
Im still having the same issues with PC freezing up...& also with PC just feeling laggy overall when opening progs ect... bump
 
Um, I DON'T think that graph is typical, shouldn't it be a relatively smooth downward slope? Have you bothered checking the smart attributes on your HDDs? Make a boot CD of the UBCD or Parted Magic and have it check the smart attributes of your drives. I think you've got something dieing.

Edit: Those spikes are aparently other things accessing. Restart your system in safe mode and try that test again. See if the graph is more consistant.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top