slot loading dvds burners??

They still make them in slim notebook drive form. They even make slot loading blu-ray drives... in slim form factor... I know because I own 2 of them.
 
...:mad:

FOR DESKTOPS?!:D


lol. I know your pain. The last major 5.25" slot load dvd burner was made by plextor YEARS ago. I still have one...and its IDE. LINK. Still works great too. However newer slot loading burners are limited to slim form factor. Just do what I did and buy an adapter and a blu-ray slot load burner and install it into your desktop. Easy.
 
Pioneer and Plextor were the two major makers of full size 5.25" slot loaders, and they are still available from a variety of sources, like Directron.com which I mentioned above. They might be out-of-stock when you check, but they do still get them on occasion. You can always contact them and ask to be notified if something does come in so you can buy it.

And of course there's eBay, and forums, and all sorts of places if you spend the time looking for 'em. Put the word out you want such a device and sooner or later you'll get one.

As just noted in the post above, you can get adapters to fit slim slot-loading drives designed for laptops that allow you to mount/use them in full size machines with 5.25" drive bays at very little cost.
 
... As just noted in the post above, you can get adapters to fit slim slot-loading drives designed for laptops that allow you to mount/use them in full size machines with 5.25" drive bays at very little cost.

Any suggestions for "very little cost?" Slim DVD burner costs $47, the bracket adapter costs $25 (Lian-Li), and the cable cost $7. $80 for a slot loading drive... :mad:
 
Last edited:
thanks all for the effort.
but, i got to ask, why so many fail, what happen to the slot load cdroms?
 
thanks all for the effort.
but, i got to ask, why so many fail, what happen to the slot load cdroms?

Probably the market for such a product in desktop PCs just dried up.
 
Back
Top