Slimmer PS3 model announced

yea they never add all the feathers that are needed, they prob jsut rushed out a model for hte xmas rush

I would have liked to see a rear USB port for the eye camera I have a powered hub in the front port but in the back would have hid the cord nice.

sweet this is perfect because my PS3 slim stop reading disc today now I can buy a slimmer one that won't read disc after a few months.

I wanted to see the disc loader in action and I found this little video too.

Rumors of new PSN layout

I thought it was interesting that they are working on revamping the psn this late into the PS3 life. Maybe they are testing some new stuff for PS4?

Isn't the $269.99 an increase in the MSRP from 249.99 for the base model?
Yes, but the current $249 is for 160 GB only. For $269 you get a 250 GB model, Uncharted 3 and $30 in DUST 514 content. Eventually the bundle will end and the new model will probably drop to $200 or $225 range.
I wanted to see the disc loader in action and I found this little video too.

Rumors of new PSN layout
:eek: That's crazy shit. I can see that eventually the door won't latch anymore and it will always stay to the left. :D

I think it's hideous. Except the white. But IIRC they've released the other revisions in white overseas anyway so that takes care of that. It's still hideous though. :D It's a combination George Forman grill, deli slicer, and cheese grater. Make your own panini from start to finish!

What is different about the EU market to justify them getting only 12GB of storage for what we pay for 250 + 2 free games? Even the Japanese are getting a bad value compared to us.

How many fucking different models does Sony need?

What is different about the EU market to justify them getting only 12GB of storage for what we pay for 250 + 2 free games? Even the Japanese are getting a bad value compared to us.

Australians are getting fucked too (surprise, surprise...). 12GB model is $300, 500GB is $400, and no 250GB model. What a crock of shit.

It seems odd for them to spend R&D funding on the PS3 with the updated consoles just around the corner.

WiiU is just around the corner. But even MS, which seems to be trying to get out ahead of Sony again with their next release, is not just around the corner.

This new PS3 is to keep interest and freshness in the playstation brand. Offer something new and some value to go with it. Even if existing playstation gamers aren't buying the new PS3, just the release of new products like this helps generate interest and sales. and Sony needs to try and keep the interest high through probably two new console releases from competitors.

*its about $%#%$&^% time they update the PS3 to work with facebook again.

The 250GB console only (no game packed in) has to be $200 though doesn't it? It seems like they have been selling the PS3 for $250 for quite a while now. In long term preparation for the next console, they should be trying to get every last person who is curious about some current PS3 exclusives hooked on games like Uncharted, inFamous, etc.

Seems it wont happen though. Sony is doomed to make ham handed decisions about things like that. When the PS4 launches, you will see the PS2 on the shelf next to the PS3 next to the PS4 next to the PSP next to the PSVita, not to mention different skus of those same items. OTOH, I wont be shocked to see Microsoft have a 12 month closing down of the 360 after their next console comes out, and then it will be no new 360 games, move along.

Fricking Sony.
Is there ANYTHING other than the look that is changing with this?

I agree that the white looks good, but other than that what is the point?

Fricking Sony.
Is there ANYTHING other than the look that is changing with this?

I agree that the white looks good, but other than that what is the point?

yeah it costs less to run it all day... runs cooler shouldn't YLOD easier to fix Blu-ray drive.

This new PS3 is to keep interest and freshness in the playstation brand. Offer something new and some value to go with it. Even if existing playstation gamers aren't buying the new PS3, just the release of new products like this helps generate interest and sales. and Sony needs to try and keep the interest high through probably two new console releases from competitors.

This.

With vita's selling poorly, sony has to do something to create buzz at this point.

I really don't like the way the new consoles looks, and I hate the slide opening blu-ray drive (anything that exposes the laser to daily contaminants, I'm generally against.) It just seems like it was built to a price. I'd rather buy an original Slim despite it being physically larger and heavier, at least from an aesthetics perspective.

I think it looks fine but I saw an unboxing on youtube and the door is just plastic and when the button is pressed with the ps3 laying down on its side the door rocketed back like it was going to break, but vertically it had a nice slow and smooth motion so not digging the door.

I don't do vertical consoles.

The models have gotten uglier with each generation. Lets hope they don't make another redesign in a year, because I'm not sure we could handle it...

that's sony's way of saying FU to all of their excessive regulations lol

Back