Slim DC18 Dyson 249@Macy's

Great deal. Too bad I already have this vacuum. Paid about $100 more on amazon a while back. Only bad thing about this vacuum is the canister fills up very fast, otherwise it's outstanding.

Good vacuums, I used to sell them at Sears a while back. But there are plenty of other vacuums that are just as good for cheaper. Dyson is like Sony(excluding PS3), people in the "know" don't buy them.

You can get a refurb on ebay for around same price. I bought one and works great. Plus add live cashback and usually less than $200.

Good vacuums, I used to sell them at Sears a while back. But there are plenty of other vacuums that are just as good for cheaper. Dyson is like Sony(excluding PS3), people in the "know" don't buy them.

Um, no. There are better vacuums, but not for cheaper. Personally, I don't think Dyson is even good enough. Miele please. Or at the very least, Electrolux Oxygen.

Sounds more like something that people who think they're in the know do. Sony has a number of exceptional products (that are also fair-enough priced) in any given line, but just because it says "Sony" doesn'tn automatically make it a winner.

Um, no. There are better vacuums, but not for cheaper. Personally, I don't think Dyson is even good enough. Miele please. Or at the very least, Electrolux Oxygen.

My mother has a canister Miele about a year old. She swept her living room carpet a few times with a new bag, and then I came through right afterwards with my dyson. Pulled up a few cups of dirt. I personally think they're overpriced, but they do really suck. :p

This is a great deal IMO. I don't think I will buy anything other than a Dyson.

wow didnt know so many men are that serious into vacuums
how durable are these things? I guess it would be worth it if its going to go strong for a good 15+ years.

wow didnt know so many men are that serious into vacuums
how durable are these things? I guess it would be worth it if its going to go strong for a good 15+ years.

Well I've had mine for 5 years now, it's been to hell and back, still works like a dream. I also bought the Root6 from dyson, which is also amazing.

I was initially so impressed, I bought one for each of my family households. Theirs are also going strong.

Keep in mind that I have pets and I like to vacuum my car and who knows what else... typically a normal vacuum lasts me 1-2 years... so I would attest that it's a solid piece of machine.

One hard member her used it to vacuum up his drywall dust, he vacuumed buckets of the crap up and his is still doing great. If you know drywall dust you know it will kill any vacuum shit fast... as it did with my hoover... i never even got time to finish before I killed it.

My mother has a canister Miele about a year old. She swept her living room carpet a few times with a new bag, and then I came through right afterwards with my dyson. Pulled up a few cups of dirt. I personally think they're overpriced, but they do really suck. :p

Which one? I have the "Calisto"

Anyone have a clue as to how these are at "fluffing" carpet back up. In other words in my high traffic areas my carpet seems to get matted down quite a bit (it's just contractor grade cheap stuff that the house had when I bought it, It's not that I never vacuum). The vacuum I have now is just an average Eureka that's seen better days. Thoughts?

I thought the Dyson was a little overhyped, but after noticing how dirty my carpet was after I vacuumed with my (1 yr old) Hoover, I ordered this model Dyson. Vacuuming a ~20 sq ft hall literally filled up the Dyson's canister (which is small I know), so I was impressed to say the least. It is a little over priced, but it does have good maneuverability and is pretty compact, so it's worth paying a little extra for. I am a little concerned about how long it'll last, but it's good value especially at this price.

On an unrelated note, I bought the hand held Dyson to clean my car with. That thing is a pile of garbage. It's not very powerful and the battery dies in 5 minutes.

I like the handheld Dyson. yeah, the battery lasts about literally 8 minutes, but that's 8 minutes of solid vacuuming. Never once had it be an issue for me.

i got one :). hope it helps fend off my corgi's sporulation in the summer months.

Sounds more like something that people who think they're in the know do. Sony has a number of exceptional products (that are also fair-enough priced) in any given line, but just because it says "Sony" doesn'tn automatically make it a winner.

Thats why they are doing so well financially. Because Sony is such a bargain..... no wait.... :rolleyes:

Warning it uses harsh language(its NSFW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ

That video illustrates how many people feel about Sony products. I am not against Sony I just think that if you ever want a good deal Sony is out of the question 99% of the time if you get my drift. Its glory days back when it was managed by different people it was doing better and featured better offerings relative to the competition. They have fallen far but its incredibly difficult to stay on top anyway.

Last edited:
Thats why they are doing so well financially. Because Sony is such a bargain..... no wait.... :rolleyes:

Warning it uses harsh language(its NSFW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AyVh1_vWYQ

That video illustrates how many people feel about Sony products. I am not against Sony I just think that if you ever want a good deal Sony is out of the question 99% of the time if you get my drift. Its glory days back when it was managed by different people it was doing better and featured better offerings relative to the competition. They have fallen far but its incredibly difficult to stay on top anyway.

Your opening comment isn't really logical, so I'm just gonna let that sit as hyperbole.

AFAIK, Sony isn't trying to be the "good deal" company. But it sounds like you're equating good deal with low price. Not necessarily true. Things that I have personal interest in and therefore can attest to (headphones, TVs, receivers, etc) are priced comparably to the products they're trying to go up against. And even in those lines, they still make low-priced stuff so you can compare it to whatever. I'm not sure where this beef is coming from. Do they make some stuff that is far too expensive? Sure, but most electronics companies do.Is all, or even most, of their stuff super high end or priced far too high? Hardly. Hell, even the PS3 is a bargain compared to a comparably equipped 360 (yes, I know you said "except PS3" in your last post).

In any case, I don't wanna feel like a toothless hillybilly living in a hillbilly shack somewhere, so I'll continue to consider Sony's products. :D But as it stands, I think the only current Sony gear I own is a PS3, PSP, and an old 5.1mp digicam. I'm waiting to scoop up a pair of used PFR-V1s though.

PFR V1s never seen those before .. kinda odd little things. Gotta ask... Do they sound good or is it just something you wanna grab since it's ultra rare?

PFR V1s never seen those before .. kinda odd little things. Gotta ask... Do they sound good or is it just something you wanna grab since it's ultra rare?

I demo'ed a pair at Frys, and they sounded good enough that I want to give them an extended audition at home. The (albeit limited) reviews on Head-fi are also favorable.

Back