• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

SLI w. Powerstream?

Joined
Oct 19, 2004
Messages
836
Hi,
If I am getting dual 6800 ultras from leadtek, and an OCZ 600w PSU, which power cables should I use?
Of course one of them is a 6 pin pcie connector, and so that is fine.
However as this PSU only has one, does the graphics card come with a converter?
If so what do I attach it to?
It has 2 shielded VGA/HDD cables which I guess you would use for an AGP 6800 ultra.
are these 4 pin molex, and if so is this what I would attach the converter to?

Also, if there are only 2 sata power connectors, and I am getting 3 sata hd, what should I do for powering the 3rd? it is a 200gb western digital caviar...

Anyway, as always thanks for any help
f
 
Two molex plugs are turned into one PCI Express plug with the adapter cable that will hopefully come with your card.
 
Make sure to give the card that you have to use the molex to 6 pin connector for it's own separate line coming from the power supply
 
If your going to spend the money for a 600W Powerstream, you might as well get the PCP&C 510 SLI. It was the first SLI certified PSU by nVidia and already comes with the appopriate plugs for an SLI system without the need for adapters.
 
but wouldnt the 600w be the competitor of the 510? hehe...I mena..the 520w powerstream is on par with the pcp&c power wise :)
 
Actually if you go over to the Power Supply forums most would suggest the PCP&C PSU over the 600W OCZ. The OCZ PSUs are rated at a lower temperature than the PCP&C PSUs and thus you can't really compare their power ratings as operating temperature has an effect on the power output of the PSU.

This sticky over at XS is a pretty good power supply guide and as stated in the SLI section:

3. OCZ 600w (personally I would get the pcp&c for the price, but it's been proven here, so I'll be fair...)

EDIT: The same thread in XS is also a sticky over in the Power Supply forum.
 
Back
Top