SLI HELP

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Hi is this the right sli bridge for the video card in the pic? I have 2 of those cards and the bridge came with the motherboard

thanks

sli .jpg
sli .jpg
vd card.jpg

Not sure if it's compatible but the SLI HB, but you'll probably want the NVLink one, which was released for Turing cards. [hey, if you're going to use 2x 2080TIs, may as well go for the NVLink bridge which can do more bandwidth, right?]

That SLI High Bandwidth bridge was designed for Pascals.

oh ok, when i build the system i only ordered it with one card so didnt get the sli bridge but a friend just surprised me tonight with another card so i had that bridge that came with it, ok i will pick up the good one thanks!!

ok so I got the right bridge have another problem the power connector for these cards is 2, 8 pin power plug which I have in the first card the one plug with 6 pins and the loose one with 2 pins, not the second card I only have 2 6 pins to plug in is that ok of I need those 2 pin ones also? if it is ok also nvidia control panel is not showing sli mode ?

Attachments

• sli new.jpg
    sli new.jpg
    311.5 KB · Views: 0
or should I do 1, 8pins and one 6 in each card instead of 2 8 pins in one and 2 6 pins in the other?

You should have a proper 8 pin (or 6+2) for each 8 pin connector. If you have the cables that have two 8 pin connectors per cable, you can totally use both, but your cables have an 8 and a 6, I wouldn't attempt that.

What I would recommend, if you're already in for whatever two 2080Tis cost you, is to get a proper power supply that actually has the right cables, if the one you have doesn't. I think I would fix this first before worrying about why SLI doesn't work.

That table is disgusting. Your SLI is crying because of that.

Rig looks nice though.

ok got everything hooked up right sli is working, ? why does it run off the second card in the 3 pci spot another words is acting as if that's the default, don't know if it matters I am just asking.... like when I use the evga precision software all the work is being done by the second card but I am not asking why its not being shared im just wondering why its still not slot 1 card being used,....

Can you post up some screenshots? Did you fix the power issues pointed out above?

What game(s) are you running? It's important to note that few games these days support SLI.

Do you see this in the NVIDIA Control Panel?
upload_2019-2-11_10-39-3.png

To see if SLI is working you can enable the SLI Visual Indicator in the NVIDIA Control Panel under 3D Settings. It will overlay a bar on the left side of the screen that should grow symetrically when SLI is working. If SLI is not working the bar will be small in the middle and not grow.
upload_2019-2-11_10-41-57.png

yes i fixed the power issue i had 2 open 6pin pcie leads from the power source so i ordered the 6 pin to 8 pin converter and it worked i have sli mode i mostly use flight sims so i know i am not getting any real benefit of a dual cards, i ran 3dmark but it keeps saying to disable g-sync and i cant find g-sync any where i used to have it now its gone lol

yes i fixed the power issue i had 2 open 6pin pcie leads from the power source so i ordered the 6 pin to 8 pin converter and it worked i have sli mode i mostly use flight sims so i know i am not getting any real benefit of a dual cards, i ran 3dmark but it keeps saying to disable g-sync and i cant find g-sync any where i used to have it now its gone lol
Is SLI AA still a thing? I remember there was a time where the 2nd card helped with AA.

MSI Afterburner will also tell you about SLi.
You can install and run Afterburner, it will give you a wealth of information.
It will tell you how much each GPU is used, and the power draw.

Of course, if you don'tplay games that are SLi capable the second GPU will not be used at all.

SLi utilization is entirely placed on the game developer.
If they don't code for it, you are SOOL.

Sometimes you can get lucky and use another game's SLi profile, you insert it via the nvidia control panel.
But success with that is limited.

I am a long time SLi user....since the 680 GTX and when it works it's fabulous.
When it doesn't your second card is wasted.

Back