i5-2500K @ 4.2GHZ
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
EVGA GTX 780 Reference
EVGA GTX 780 SC
8GB ADATA 1600
1000w PSU
ASUS PB278Q
---
The letters are on the card light up green now. Windows sees both cards and installs drivers ok. NVIDIA Control panel shows the option to use it as a dedicated physx card, but no SLI option shows up.
---
Things I've tried:
updating to newest driver
uninstalling drivers and reinstalling drivers, only installed physx/graphics drivers
uninstalled drivers in safe mode with DDU, only installed physx/graphics drivers
reformatted PC
reseated cards
reseated power cables
reseated sli bridge
boot computer without bridge installed, set dedicated physx to cpu, reboot (no sli option shown), shut down, install bridge, reboot
---
I do not have another SLI bridge to try at the moment. The only other thing I've seen is an issue with RealTek LAN drivers. I've read that some people have had success uninstalling the LAN driver, rebooting then the SLI option is available. I will mess with that when I get home later today. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks!:D

Add: The SLI bridge i'm using is the cable that came with my mobo

Also, I have the reference card in my 16x slot (top slot) of the mobo and the SC card in the bottom 8x slot (bottom slow, 4s is inbetween) per the mobo manual. I have not tried swapping the cards (SC on top, reference on bottom).

Last edited:
I had a very similar issue with my board not wanting to let my 780s run in SLI. I was using a very old SLI cable that looked like it was almost broke into. I thought that was the issue at first. Before I was running crossfired 6950s with no issues, so I knew my board could handle two cards.
In the end, I had to update the bios on my mobo and then it was all fixed. So maybe see if there is an updated bios for your board and give that a try.

I'm running the latest bios from 03/21/12. There is a beta bios that upgrades the bios to UEFI. I've not upgraded a bios without doing so in Windows so i'm trying to leave that for last. I downloaded the beta bios and it cames with 3 files including an autoexec file. I assume I just put that on a bootable device and let it go. I'll have to do some research on how to do that. Glad to hear you got yours working and thanks for the info!

With all that you have already tried, I think it's time to get another SLI bridge. Your video cards didn't come with any? What about your motherboard? I have a bunch, so if you really need one let me know and I'm happy to send you one.

I thought my EVGA Reference did but my EVGA SC did not. I'm using the one that came with my motherboard. I'll check my reference box when I get home. If not i'll head to the store and pick one up tomorrow. Hopefully they're $5-10 in store like online.

so i just bricked my mobo. i double checked the mobo box to make sure i had the right bios model/revision. installer worked properly and ended saying shutdown, unplug and reboot. pressed power button for 5 second (no reboot button), unplugged, replugged and nothing. ive had issues with my ocz vectors bricking after reboots but no problems with the samsungs. So maybe the mobo was flakey? I'm still thinking user error.
Any suggestions for a mobo for an i5-2500k? Would like to have it future proof, but i am holding parts for the wife's pc im slowly building out of my older parts. is it worth it dropping money in the same chipset or just better to get a new mobo and new cpu? my noobie hardocp status is official.

so i just bricked my mobo. i double checked the mobo box to make sure i had the right bios model/revision. installer worked properly and ended saying shutdown, unplug and reboot. pressed power button for 5 second (no reboot button), unplugged, replugged and nothing. ive had issues with my ocz vectors bricking after reboots but no problems with the samsungs. So maybe the mobo was flakey? I'm still thinking user error.
Any suggestions for a mobo for an i5-2500k? Would like to have it future proof, but i am holding parts for the wife's pc im slowly building out of my older parts. is it worth it dropping money in the same chipset or just better to get a new mobo and new cpu? my noobie hardocp status is official.

Have you tried resetting the CMOS yet?

bsod on bootup, starting fresh windows install. thank you so much for the advice. a friend of mine showed me this forum who has followed for 10+ years. I've been reading the past year and learning. Great community, thanks again.

updated bios, installed graphics driver, still no go. bridge comes tomorrow...*crosses fingers*

I had this same issue also and it turned out to be the SLI Bridge.

I had this same issue also and it turned out to be the SLI Bridge.

Agreed. I've also had issues with bridges. Solid pcb and ribbon style. Hopefully a new bridge fixes OP's situation

updated bios, installed graphics driver, still no go. bridge comes tomorrow...*crosses fingers*

How does the system run without the bridge? Does it fire up without any issues? It should run perfectly fine with two cards. I know you said in the OP that you could see both cards, etc. However, can you drive a display from each card? Best to confirm that all is well with separate discrete before attempting SLI with the new bridge.

Last edited:
The computer runs fine without the bridge installed. I have no tried to run a display from each card, will try to do that before the new bridge arrives today.

Could be a faulty PCI-e slot. Have you tried booting with just one card in the second slot?

I'm waiting on windows update to finish then going to try that. I'll also going to move to the other sli connectors. I've uninstalled drivers and will reinstall after reboot. Would trying hypersli be worth looking in to at this point?

I had issues with mine as well. SLI bridge was busted and replaced. I was getting BSODs and found out that my active DP to DVI adapter was no good. Now it's working fine.

So i booted up fine on the new card in the 2nd slot. I must be doing something dumb. I'll try the new card in the top slot and the old card in the bottom slot

yeap i'm an idiot. check your physical layer. bottom card was not in the correct pci-e slot. should give a few of you a good laugh. thanks everyone for your help.

yeap i'm an idiot. check your physical layer. bottom card was not in the correct pci-e slot. should give a few of you a good laugh. thanks everyone for your help.

Glad you got it sorted out. Now enjoy the onslaught of extra frames!

We all make silly mistakes sometimes! Glad you got it worked out :D

Back