• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

SLI 2.0 Technology In March?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Joined
Dec 31, 1969
Messages
0
These guys are saying that NVIDIA will be releasing a “SLI 2.0” at CeBIT in March. Obviously this is just a rumor at this point but the possibility has everyone talking.

We heard faintly about NVIDIA SLI 2.0 technology and it is going to launch during CeBIT in March. Little information is available at this moment but we heard that it will be able to support mixed cards.
 
Mixed cards? Wow. That would be quite impressive. Does SLI use master/slave, or does it draw equally? I guess it would since both cards are the same.

I'm still running an AGP system (please donate :D). Which do people lean more towards, SLI or CrossFire? I read a lot more about SLI.

Not that I'll be building a new rig by March, but I may just keep SLI 2 in mind.
 
Mixed cards? Wow. That would be quite impressive. Does SLI use master/slave, or does it draw equally? I guess it would since both cards are the same.

I'm still running an AGP system (please donate :D). Which do people lean more towards, SLI or CrossFire? I read a lot more about SLI.

Not that I'll be building a new rig by March, but I may just keep SLI 2 in mind.


The current SLI technology draws equally (CrossFire uses Master/Slave).

People tend to lean much more toward SLI.

It will definitely be interesting to see what comes of this :).
 
Can someone post some more of the article. I can't load vrzone here at work. I don't know why.
 
Not a very long one.

We heard faintly about NVIDIA SLI 2.0 technology and it is going to launch during CeBIT in March. Little information is available at this moment but we heard that it will be able to support mixed cards. We are unclear if it is across different series or different models of the same series.. Also there are some rumors out now that GeForce 8x00 series will be able to support multi-GPUs SLI by linking up 4, 6 to 8 cards or more. This multi-GPUs SLI capability could form part of the SLI 2.0 technology we are hearing.
 
Hmmm interesting.

I can see this, as the 8800GTX has 2 SLI bridge connectors and they said more on the second one will be said later on. Something probably going to be announced.

So if its mixed cards im guessing it take the lower of the 2 cards memory and speeds to run in SLI?
 
Heh, it's pretty funny how articles tend to be posted by others in the other subforums.
 
Mixed cards, extra bridge.... all comes in play for their PPU.
 
Yeah... I too see a Physics/stream announcement soonish.This will be a very exciting year for games and tech on the PC side.I am dying to read the first [H] Barcelona write
up on the site comparing it to Intels lineup,running with 3 or more G80's in tri-SLI + :)
 
Back
Top