Skyrim Mods - A Comprehensive List & User Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. Watch out for forests as they eat up VRAM.

In the future, you may want to look at ENB for extra visual goodness.

No problem. Watch out for forests as they eat up VRAM.

In the future, you may want to look at ENB for extra visual goodness.

Yeah as I was passing through the forest in the intro video i hit 2.1gb. Once I made it to where i was actually playing where the dragon showed up it dropped down to 1.8gb.

I dont know what ENB is but Ill google it... lol

Yeah as I was passing through the forest in the intro video i hit 2.1gb. Once I made it to where i was actually playing where the dragon showed up it dropped down to 1.8gb.

I dont know what ENB is but Ill google it... lol

It is a third party program that gives Skyrim new graphical features, such as dynamic DoF, godrays, SSIL, lens flare, etc. Link: http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

It is a third party program that gives Skyrim new graphical features, such as dynamic DoF, godrays, SSIL, lens flare, etc. Link: http://enbdev.com/index_en.html

cool I think I'll stick with what I have now. I bounce around 2gb on the vram alot. No noticeable slowdowns yet though! Stays at 45+fps (usually stays at 60fps).

Also, should I worry about the bashtags in BOSS? I made sure I have no incompatibility warnings.

Did not realize how addictive modding would be... lol

For now final list:
NM game keeps going to not responding now... Let me try to fix...
EDIT: A simple restart fixed it! close one. I am done modding as the game works for now. Just had to create a new game. (glad i modded before i started playing!)

Ever since I added deuce mons the games goes to not responding. Not sure if it was the adding of deus mons or the removal of the elf race..
o6xljq.jpg

Last edited:
Can you post the list BOSS gives you? This way I can check load order and esm/esp files.

Bash tags are for creating a bashed patch. A bashed patch allows greater compatibility with certain mods.

I don't know what is causing the problem for Deus Mons. I'll give it a quick check. This is actually why I created my own house mod as so many of the existing house mods have dirty edits and other poor modding practices.

sure! Thanks again for all your help.

From my research wyrebash just takes mods and put them together??

6s5ifd.png
2u5x7wx.png
27wu4x5.png

Can you post the list BOSS gives you? This way I can check load order and esm/esp files.

Bash tags are for creating a bashed patch. A bashed patch allows greater compatibility with certain mods.

I don't know what is causing the problem for Deus Mons. I'll give it a quick check. This is actually why I created my own house mod as so many of the existing house mods have dirty edits and other poor modding practices.

didnt catch your ninja edit. It is working now. starting a new game and restarting fixed it.

Bash can merge mods but that function doesn't work well with the current version. It probably never will as the people who knew Python (language that Bash is coded in) are all missing. There is a mod called SkyBash being worked on that will bring back a lot of Bash's core functions but that isn't finished yet.

Bashed patches allow mods to modify the same areas without one mod overwriting another. For example: this will allow Immersive Armors and Omegared99's armors to more peacefully show up on NPCs. However, they still do work together without the tags/bashed patch. For some mods, this is not the case and the mod loaded last will "win".

Concerning your load order:
You have some mods that you should only be running one version/esp of. BOSS is informing you of this (and such information is usually present in the mod's corresponding readme file). An example is the cloaks mod. You can only run one cloaks* esp at a time.

Edit: actually, cloaks might be the only mod with too many versions active. I'm not sure how well Realistic Lighting and Climates of Tamriel will work together as I think both change lighting.

again thanks for your help.

I double checks Realistic lighting and climates of tamriel. They should be compatible as long as RL is at the bottom of the load order (which it now is.).

Also, I removed cloaks of skyrim since i was unsure, and always have been, of how to activate only one of the esps since in NMM the cloak only show up as one.

Thanks again for your help!

Can a new game solve some random crashing issues if you have been installing and uninstalling a lot of mods?

^ Disabling the Cloak mod might actually help me as well. :p

again thanks for your help.

I double checks Realistic lighting and climates of tamriel. They should be compatible as long as RL is at the bottom of the load order (which it now is.).

Also, I removed cloaks of skyrim since i was unsure, and always have been, of how to activate only one of the esps since in NMM the cloak only show up as one.

Thanks again for your help!

Click on the Plugins tab and manually deactivate the extra cloak esp files.

Can a new game solve some random crashing issues if you have been installing and uninstalling a lot of mods?

Yes. This will remove all unused scripts which are one of the main causes of random crashing. If it is due to a dirty mod or severe conflict, and you are still using those mods that cause such, then it might not help.

we are in need of a rep+ button!

+1 rep point for me!

I was looking at Climates of Tamriel's description page and it lists that SoS - Civilization is not currently compatible and will cause CoT to not work. It now also states that Realistic Lighting is not compatible at all. I know that not long ago Realistic Lighting was stated as compatible so I'm not sure what has changed since then.

And mods added to the list today:
Economics of Skyrim
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11919

Total Realism - Basic Needs
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10843

So I think I broke my game. I'm only on lvl 2 so if I have to start over i'm fine. I deactivated and deleted CoT and now when I was I was in the dungeon (the one from the first quest) I go through a door and fall off the face of the earth... lol

10xsh8w.jpg

So I think i'm going to start a new game just to make sure. I was reading about "clean saves." I guess that is what I should do to make sure that this doesn't happen anymore?

So this is what I found about clean saving in skyrim.

1.) It is generally best to go to an interior cell, and smaller cells are best. An interior cell is apparent because you have a loading screen when you "open" the door from the outside (such as when you enter most buildings).
2.) Save your game to a new save slot (do not overwrite an earlier save) and quit the game.
3.) Uninstall the mod.
4.) Start the game and load your last saved game.
5.) After the game full loads, make a SECOND new save (do not overwrite an earlier save) and quit the game.
6.) If you're upgrading the mod that you uninstalled, you can now install the new version.
7.) Start the game and load your previous saved game.
8.) Just to be safe: make one more new save (do not overwrite an earlier save).
9.) That's it!

So an interior cell would be like a room in a building?

btw, removing CoT seems to have cut my vram usage by about ~200mb :/

Last edited:
That image you posted is exactly what happens when a modder used TESVSnip on his/her mod when editing certain data. IMO, it is best to simply avoid all mods that have been modified with TESVSnip as it is too time consuming to know which ones are safe and which are not. Usually you can find out in the credits section of the mod's description page to find out if this tool was used. For instance:
Complete Crafting Overhaul's credits section states:
"Additionally, many thanks to the SkyEdit and TESVSnip developers for their great editing tools (which while not perfect, are still awesome enough to do 99% of the job). The CK was used to do the quest script."

A thread about TESVSnip and its problems:
http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1378149-forms-unsafe-to-touch-with-tesvsnip/

Now, some people argue that the tool is fine, and it is for a few areas of modding, but the amount of damage it can cause is simply not worth the risk to the modder or the mod user.

I'm not all that sure on how safe Weapons and Armor Fixes is either since it was initially made on Dec 27 (before the CK was released).

I'm not saying that these two mods are the cause of the problem, but I wanted to give you a headsup (well, I already did in the OP, but here it is again).

Clean saving:
Yes that procedure is the clean save procedure which removes a lot of leftover junk from deactivate mods but not all (such as some scripts). You want to save in a cell that is void of anything that the mod touches. Since this mod touches lights and sky (and maybe more?), log into your saved game, open the console, type coc qasmoke. This will teleport your guy to a test cell a Bethesda dev made that, I think, has no lights and no sky. Perform the clean saving procedure here. When done, open console, type coc whiterun, and you'll be teleported near Whiterun where you can resume your session. If you are in middle of certain quests (like running through the Helgen fort in the beginning of the game) then teleporting away would be bad as it may interrupt that quest.

Best thing to do is restart if you are okay with that. Make sure to COMPLETELY remove all of the deactivated mod's files as simply deactivating a mod will not tell Skyrim to not use those files. Well, for some files it does, but best to be safe.

If you've already completed the initial tutorial/Helgen quest (exit the cave and are told to head to Riverwood), and don't feel like going through it again with a new character, then try this mod out:
Alternate Start - Live Another Life
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9557

Yeah I am just going to restart to make sure. Went through and made sure all old files were deleted also.

Will use the clean save from now on.

I like that alternate start. Will use that too.

No more modding for me now. I am just going to enjoy the game. (For now ;))

Thanks again!

Any recommendations for

1) Mods which remove level scaling

2) Mods which make magic more interesting? (Picking between Midas, Apocalypse, Phenderix, etc.)

Any recommendations for

1) Mods which remove level scaling

2) Mods which make magic more interesting? (Picking between Midas, Apocalypse, Phenderix, etc.)

Real Unleveled Skyrim sounds good:
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/19636

You can also remove level scaling on items with mods like Morrowloot.

I don't think there are any severe conflicts between any of those three magic mods. I don't suggest using Midas Magic simply because the mod seems to be abandoned and its latest version has its fair share of bugs.

Phenderix and Apocalypse are both being kept up-to-date with new spells added and stuff. There's also Psijic Teleport Spells which makes traveling for mages much more fun. Lastly, there is
Skyrim Spells And Powers By WarriorKeKe which is another spell package mod.

There are also mods that modify magick in other ways:

Better Magic
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4374

Empowered Magic
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11139

Mighty Magick Skyrim
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13166

Mods added to the list today:
Main Font Replacement
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/95

Auto Unequip Arrows
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10753

Triss Armor Retextured
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4708

Duke Patricks - Archery And Heavy Weapons Combat
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/3646/

Last edited:
Not sure what it was but adding in the alternate start mod crashed the game for me. After I would sleep in the bed the game would freeze at the black screen.

Not sure what it was but adding in the alternate start mod crashed the game for me. After I would sleep in the bed the game would freeze at the black screen.

That's odd. I don't see anything that would cause conflicts with it. Have you tried the 'arrive at Solitude docks' option? I use that one and it works for me. Maybe some options are less problematic than others.

That's odd. I don't see anything that would cause conflicts with it. Have you tried the 'arrive at Solitude docks' option? I use that one and it works for me. Maybe some options are less problematic than others.

I think I have a bigger underlying problem that is causing problems and not the alternate start mod. It just seems as my whole setup is unstable. I deactivated all mods and tried to reactive them and that didnt fix it. Im not sure what mod I have but something is deff not compatible as I am getting a lot of CTD.

I think I have a bigger underlying problem that is causing problems and not the alternate start mod. It just seems as my whole setup is unstable. I deactivated all mods and tried to reactive them and that didnt fix it. Im not sure what mod I have but something is deff not compatible as I am getting a lot of CTD.

Please list your new load order so we can check it out.

I found it. It looks like levelers tower was throwing everything off. By removing it, everything has returned to stable! Crazy how one mod can make things go so crazy

I found it. It looks like levelers tower was throwing everything off. By removing it, everything has returned to stable! Crazy how one mod can make things go so crazy

It seems to be a mod that either conflicts a lot or is simply unstable. I'll go add a warning note to it later today.

Here is a run down you can give him to help trouble shoot the mod.

What is odd is that even disabling in NMM didn't fix it. I would CTD as soon as I enter the room with Rolof or I would not CTD but when I enter the room with Rolof the area right after the door was missing. Just like the screen I posted above, but there was nothing after the door. I know Levelers tower has a dungeon that is right after you exit those tunnels, that is why I choose to start there.

Hope that helps.

Here is a run down you can give him to help trouble shoot the mod.

What is odd is that even disabling in NMM didn't fix it. I would CTD as soon as I enter the room with Rolof or I would not CTD but when I enter the room with Rolof the area right after the door was missing. Just like the screen I posted above, but there was nothing after the door. I know Levelers tower has a dungeon that is right after you exit those tunnels, that is why I choose to start there.

Hope that helps.

Did you have Deus Mons active when trying Levelers Tower?

I tried it both with deus mons active and deactivated. I then removed deus mons completely and still had the error. It wasn't until I removed leverls tower that it went away.

just to be safe I removed deus mons and levelers tower.

2ly1kit.jpg

The esm is still bundled with v24. It is located in the ESMOptional folder.

Ahhh you my friend really are a skyrim mod guru.

Leverls tower works great now. The water in the mine is a little buggy but still looks fine.

One question. Is all the armor chest and material jars suppose to be empty? No biggey since I plan on jsut add.item the Armour I want or making it. For me everything is empty. I was still able to find the leveler's Armour though. Very cool.

I kind of wished hair and water looked a little better but I really cant complain how everything looks. Plus it is eating all my vram. lol

htw8id.jpg
2isfqqs.jpg

I don't know about the empty containers as I never used the mod. I'm guessing they are meant to be empty and are just labeled so you can organize your collections.

There are hair mods out. None will fix the fact that hair is basically a static object though.

The problem with Skyrim's water is that it is flat with some ripples. There needs to be waves, water caustics, etc. to make it more dynamic and lively. OBGE managed to somewhat accomplish this type of stuff for Oblivion so there may be hope in the future.

I suggest using the lite version of 2K. I like to use the full version for certain areas, like interiors, and the lite version for landscape and such. You can also try using a texture optimizer program. Only problem with those is that they can mess up some textures so it is a good idea to backup your texture and mesh folders before optimizing.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12801
or
http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13529

woah. those optimizers look promising.

Have you tried either one? I am tempted to use one, but I would hate mess everything up now that it is running fine. lol

If I were to back everything up and just delete it and replace it if there were problems. Think I would be ok?

woah. those optimizers look promising.

Have you tried either one? I am tempted to use one, but I would hate mess everything up now that it is running fine. lol

If I were to back everything up and just delete it and replace it if there were problems. Think I would be ok?

I think both programs include a backup option. I know that Optimizer Textures does, which you can disable if you want to. I manually backup my stuff to be safe.

I've used them in the past and they've done their job well. Some modders will already have their textures optimized so the gain differs depending on what is installed. I'm pretty sure 2K is already optimized so if that is what is eating up the VRAM then you'll probably not see any difference in performance.

If something does get messed up, you can do what you stated - delete the textures and meshes folders and copy over the backups you made prior to running the optimizer. You likely don't need to delete the old folders/files but, again, I do it to be safe. I'm not sure how in-depth the optimizer's backup is.

However, I don't use BSA files for texture replacers. These optimizers can optimize BSA files nowadays so I'm guessing the same principle applies to them: backup BSA files before you optimize.

thanks a bunch for your help as always. I might give one of these a shot. I hit 2020mb earlier in vram usage. I haven't really noticed any stutter and fps is still above 45+ all the time. So ill do some testing and see what happens.

Be sure to keep an eye on your saved game file size as some people claim that the mod caused bloating even when it was deactivated. A healthy size is 17MB and below (should be way below if you've only played a few hours).

Thanks for the tip. I deleted it just to be safe. I haven't started a character yet. Just played around with test characters, Didnt want to get attached to something and lose it before I knew my build was stable.

Thanks for the tip. I deleted it just to be safe. I haven't started a character yet. Just played around with test characters, Didnt want to get attached to something and lose it before I knew my build was stable.

Good idea on waiting. You may know this already but while in the main menu, you can open the console and type coc whiterun (or wherever you want to spawn) and the game will automatically make you a starter character. This is a decent way to do some quick stability testing without having to create a new character each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back