Votes: 62 40.8%
  • Both, but mainly first person

Votes: 51 33.6%
  • Both, but mainly third person

Votes: 24 15.8%
  • Third person

Votes: 15 9.9%

• Total voters
I run around in 3rd person so I can admire my armor but do all my fighting in first person.

I run around in 3rd person so I can admire my armor but do all my fighting in first person.

This is what I do. I didn't spend all that time in the character creation menu for nothing!

I also don't wear a helmet cause my Orc looks badass. :D

fps 95% of the time, the other time I just check to see what my character looks like.

First with 90 FOV but I actually have been experimenting and trying out third person a bit more this time around.

And on the horse obviously it's only third person, so, there ya have it. ;)

i think third person view is suited better for melee warrior
but for archer/mage 1st person

I generally play 3rd person everywhere except for dungeons and indoors. Switching to 1st person inside seems to feel a little more normal.

^^same until we can get rid of those gay ass weapon models, I can't stand being in first person for anything besides the bow or spells. @ 90 fov it's a bit better but those models in my face just make me feel so damn claustrophobic.

1st for most purposes, 3rd for guillotine traps, permanently 3rd with a new female character if someone releases a nudity patch. :)

I play RPG's 3rd person about 95% of the time...started doing that back in 1999 when EQ came out and I liked to see how close my character was to mobs and/or cliffs, lava, etc.

Never understood the allure of 3rd person gaming. Your character looks cool, but not stare-at-his-back-all-day cool. I do 1st person at all times.

first person with fov 80

This. I switch to 3rd person when I'm running through the country side, but almost always use first person for combat. I normally use an ultra-far camera mod in games like this so that I can zoom out a lot in 3rd person when I'm running long distances. This game has some stunning terrain and looks epic in eyefinity.

I prefer 3rd person for most of the gaming, I usually switch to 1st when I need to zoom in on something with a bow/sneak or when picking up loot that's hard to target otherwise.

I play in 3rd person, I like being able to see my character, this game isn't as twitchy as an shooter, so don't really need the advantage of 1st person

1st person all of the way. I really enjoyed it in Oblivion & Dark Messiah as far as RPGs go :D

I have not purchased it yet, but I imagine I will play it the same way I played FO3, and Oblivion. Mostly first person, with the third person view being used occasionally.

The wonky animations in Oblivion/Morrowind always turned me off from using 3rd person (walk forward + strafe left/right just looks like the character is sliding around). Have these been improved any in Skyrim?

People actually play the game at third person?

Gamebyro games never did third person well, it's only good for screenshots and stuff.

People actually play the game at third person?

Gamebyro games never did third person well, it's only good for screenshots and stuff.

I watched a full session of Skyrim with 3rd person. It does look good.

To note, the game engine is based on Gamebryo, so some issues have gone away that were resident in FO3, FO:NV & Oblivion.

I watched a full session of Skyrim with 3rd person. It does look good.

To note, the game engine is based on Gamebryo, so some issues have gone away that were resident in FO3, FO:NV & Oblivion.

Not complaining it doesn't look good when you're just WATCHING, but I can't see myself PLAYING 3rd person. It feels too awkward for me.

Not complaining it doesn't look good when you're just WATCHING, but I can't see myself PLAYING 3rd person. It feels too awkward for me.

Yeah, I usually don't play 3rd person unless a game is specifically built around that view.

i only play third person i think it works better for me but if i run in crypts and tunnels i switch to first person.

Third person is easier in some environments, but for combat it's all about 1st person for me.

I use 3rd person for the most part because I find it easier to navigate with unless you're in a tight spot. When I need to aim a spell at something or pick up something that I can't get with 3rd person, I'll switch to 1st person.

I use 3rd here and there, just because it changes the FOV a little and makes some areas look really cool. For actual gameplay and combat, first seems to be the way to go, though.

I play exclusively in first person. Third person feels really laggy and sluggish when you're turning your character.

I switch to third person to view my character since they stupidly removed paper dolls in TESV.

First person definitely for me, I feel out of the experience in third person, and that goes for any game. You feel as though you are the person, when in first person. In third person, you're looking at someone else from behind and it ruins it for me.

Each to their own though :)

Back