Skyrim $9.98 B&M

Couldn't have tried calling them before getting in a car?
Many people would suggest against this and go as far as saying that calling the store about a good deal is breaking the first rule to hot deals. A lot of the time the employees don't realize the real worth of the deal until their phones start blowing up with people asking about the deal. This can backfire on the consumer trying to save gas since the employee will then lie to you and buy up the remaining copies for their own financial gain. Nothing like thinking about how you could make more money while you're already working a possibly crappy, underpaid part-time, retail job.

Many people would suggest against this and go as far as saying that calling the store about a good deal is breaking the first rule to hot deals. A lot of the time the employees don't realize the real worth of the deal until their phones start blowing up with people asking about the deal. This can backfire on the consumer trying to save gas since the employee will then lie to you and buy up the remaining copies for their own financial gain. Nothing like thinking about how you could make more money while you're already working a possibly crappy, underpaid part-time, retail job.

Used to be a common Best Buy issue. But recently their online inventory system is better and I've heard they've punished people for buying products before the customer when they're on the clock. Or hiding them and putting in the online pickup "item not found at store". I had this happen to me once a year or so ago. Made in store pick up, left before getting stock notice. Went and they said my order was canceled as it was OOS. When I was looking around the game section I found two copies wedged behind boxes for Tony Hawk ride and one behind the register in the games section. I bought the 2 behind tony hawk and left. Didn't want that awkward conversation with the employee about the other one.

Anyways, I posted this before, but its worth a try to get a price match. Diablo 3, Skyrim, Starcraft 3, all are worth way more than $10. Get two copies if you can, you could easily sell the keys for a slight profit (finders fee), making the games cheaper or free. Wish the best buy I finally got a price match would let me get more than one each.

Last edited:
Anyways, I posted this before, but its worth a try to get a price match. Diablo 3, Skyrim, Starcraft 3, all are worth way more than $10. Get two copies if you can, you could easily sell the keys for a slight profit (finders fee), making the games cheaper or free. Wish the best buy I finally got a price match would let me get more than one each.
Problem is most people aren't going to make a "slight profit" they're going to see what the market will bear, put them on eBay and let greed take over. Hell out of curiosity I looked diablo 3 on eBay and saw 5 copies from the same individual (they used the same picture on the same counter top), all started at $20 (a reasonably "slight profit" of 100%) and all quickly jumped to $40+

I thought it would be nice to pick up a copy for $10 if they have it, but I see that ain't going to happen either, but there was no sense in not trying.

best buy wont price match because toys r us is out of stock. i was just at a best buy, thank me for wasting gas to get to those places
I have never had BB give me any trouble price matching. I would simply say that I want to buy it here instead of going to toysrus and I bet they would match it. its not like BB is going to call toysrus to see if its in stock...

Oh shit, I'm gonna pick up Starcraft tomorrow, since Blizz games never go on sale.

I have never had BB give me any trouble price matching. I would simply say that I want to buy it here instead of going to toysrus and I bet they would match it. its not like BB is going to call toysrus to see if its in stock...

Luck you, around here they seem to have educated themselves quite well on the whole price match rules, including out of stock exclusions. Hell they know exactly how far Fry's is, exactly how far Microcenter (was) all so they can deny you a price match.

Is there an actual store ad of this? or a copy of receipt? my bestbuy is giving me bullshit

Is there an actual store ad of this? or a copy of receipt? my bestbuy is giving me bullshit
just bring a copy of the ad in the op. heck I have taken pic before of an ad online and they price matched.

Problem is most people aren't going to make a "slight profit" they're going to see what the market will bear, put them on eBay and let greed take over. Hell out of curiosity I looked diablo 3 on eBay and saw 5 copies from the same individual (they used the same picture on the same counter top), all started at $20 (a reasonably "slight profit" of 100%) and all quickly jumped to $40+

I thought it would be nice to pick up a copy for $10 if they have it, but I see that ain't going to happen either, but there was no sense in not trying.

I bought a copy of Skyrim for $15 and BF3 for $10 (before the $7.50 sale) from people who picked up extras and were ok not gouging people. yeah, horders will sell them on ebay for a 400% profit, but people on forums like cheapassgamer know what these games cost and wont try and sell them there for a huge profit. Some will, but some wont.

Best Buy near me had tons of copies of Assassin's Creed Revelations and Batman Arkham City, they had one copy of Battlefield 3, no Diablo 3 though which is the only one I was interested in (or didn't already own). Skyrim and Diablo are the only ones that haven't been this cheap elsewhere I think so it's not surprising they're the first to go.

Didn't bother trying a price match at Best Buy, might give it a shot tomorrow... I've had good luck with that kinda thing in the past... Got Office Depot to price match Staple's $100-off tablet special for the Transformer I bought last year and we don't even have Staples in Puerto Rico, heh.

I was able to have Best Buy price match Skyrim at the Bloomingdale IL. location.
I almost jumped on the $27 deal and then this popped up :)

You do realize that these things were scooped up and now are being sold on ebay for a huge profit.

Let's say you can sell them on Ebay for $30. True that's a 200% profit which is huge, however even if you miraculously find 4 copies of Diablo 3 at ToysRUs, and sell them all, you only make $80. If you're a 14 year old kid maybe that's a lot of money but for for people with day jobs just sounds like a huge headache. Who still shops on ebay?

I'm impressed that Blizzard has managed to maintain the price of their games artificially high for so long, and through that process make people believe that their games really are more valuable. They're the Apple of video games.

The skyrim link expired does anyone have a scan of a receipt?

Won't work at Walmart, Target, or Best Buy. I just tried. Multiple locations for both Target/Walmart.
yep it did not work for me either. Wal mart says it has to be a local flyer and Best Buy had already had plenty of others try to price match this so they were actually checking to see if Toysrus had it in stock which of course they did not. what a bunch of shit no matter how you look at it.

Best Buy in Woodbridge NJ pricematched for me yesterday without hesitation. Called the "manager" over, we walked over to the customer service desk, and the web page for all the the clearance toys R us titles were up on the computers behind the counter already. Took me about 5 minutes.

how? its their store policy not to accept internet pricing. heck they will not even match the prices from their own site.

Yeah, the guy actually said that to me. I was kind of non challant about it, and said that if he couldn't it was no big deal. So he said he would check with his manager. She came over, took my gf's phone that the TRU page was up, and was like "im just a little hesitant because it is so much cheaper than ours". I said that I knew how she felt and if she couldn't do it that was fine. She said that she could, she just needed to know that it was an "in-store" price at TRU and not an online sale. She said they match in store pricing only.

Basically if you go in there all pushy about it I doubt you'll get anywhere. Also, very YMMV.

yeah I was nice to the guy at Wal Mart and mentioned to him that it was an in store price not some web special. he said it did not matter as its Wal Mart's policy to only accept local flyers for price matching. but yeah a different person might have done it as you can never tell.

Fml just got to toys r us and they sold the last 3 copies this morning.. I knew I should have made it by yesterday..

I tried at a couple more Walmarts and no luck as they again will only honor regular flyers. I tried at another Best Buy and they said that none of their stores are supposed to honor any of those Toysrus deals. btw I was not wasting gas driving to those places as they were on my way.

I was told the same thing today, they'll honor any Gamestop deal with a flyer but not Toys R Us, we were probably not the first to ask, heh. It's alright, I haven't even started playing Torchlight 2 so I'll just try out Diablo some other time. :D

anyone that grabbed an extra copy of Skyrim want to sell it? or trade for a BF3?

Went by Toys R Us today for the first time in 4 years. They said they don't sell PC games except for WOW. :|

BBB compliant anyone?

For what? A store that discounts a product line so much that they sell out rather quickly and all the people who go to check 4-5 days after the fact get in a huff because they couldn't find a copy of a game they wanted?

For what? A store that discounts a product line so much that they sell out rather quickly and all the people who go to check 4-5 days after the fact get in a huff because they couldn't find a copy of a game they wanted?
perhaps you should read back through the thread. hardly any Toysrus stores even carry pc games in the first place and it appears the few probably had no copies. thats why Best Buy quickly sent message to their stores saying not to honor the price match.

When I went to my local TRU, they said they had gotten rid of their PC games section, and that's why everything was on clearance.

So why would this be a BBB complaint then? They're clearing them out, so they don't have any stock, and people want to complain that they didn't have much stock to begin with? Yeesh!

perhaps you should read back through the thread. hardly any Toysrus stores even carry pc games in the first place and it appears the few probably had no copies. thats why Best Buy quickly sent message to their stores saying not to honor the price match.

Yeah and? Perhaps this is why they didn't actually have a physical flier since they didn't want to have to target only the markets where PC games were available in store, they simply put an internet price on cheap goods and YMMV depending upon the store. The last few stores want to remove their PC games section and everyone is bitching and moaning that this is some Machiavellian scheme used only to get people into stores. Would wasn't there any talk about a BBB complaint when Diablo 3 (and others) were listed at $60 but not available in the stores? This is simply another case of "waaaaaaa I wasn't lucky enough to get the limited supply of products for a super cheap price, therefore consumer action must be taken!!!"

Seriously perhaps you should read back through the thread, I don't see many (any?) posts that state that TRU never carried PC games in the first place, in fact a majority of stories are about people clearing out the PC section right before said poster arrived.

very sad I missed Skyrim for $10...I plan to go buy Diablo 3 though. Maybe, I'll get lucky and they'll have Skyrim in stock at the store I go to!

very sad I missed Skyrim for $10...I plan to go buy Diablo 3 though. Maybe, I'll get lucky and they'll have Skyrim in stock at the store I go to!

As am I.

I was camping over the weekend.

See what happens when you leave the house for wilderness.

soooo yesterday 10/12/2012..... the tukwila, wa best buy price matched it...i got battelfield 3 (premium edition FTW by the way) and diablo 3 for 9.98 each.... they were all out of skyrim though.... they didnt even bother to ask me what store they were matching...... all they said was "toys r us is KILLLLLING us this week."...... maybe you could have similar luck...

Hah, you got so lucky, mine said explicitly that they wouldn't match Toys R Us.

I went my one and only local Toys R Us and they didn't have ANY good PC games left at all. Very sad...I guess I'm gonna go to Best Buy and attempt to price match...

Yeah kind of happens that way when you go a week or more after a super unbelievable deal gets announced to every major website that deals with "deals" on the internet ;)

I went the day i saw the deal... had none of the games listed... only had WOW

Back