For some context, I'm a 28-year-old who loves to spend a lot of time listening to music, playing games, drawing, playing guitar. That said I need a workstation PC as my Q6600 build is getting a bit old. Fans, hard drives and ram are going kaput.
Q1 - I will be gaming, playing guitar, listening to music, converting audio files, drawing, programming
Q2 - No budget set. (Expecting roughly a ~$1,500 build for mid-high end)
Q3 - I live in the United States.
Q4 - Parts I've decided on the Skylake I7, most likely a EVGA GTX GPU, EVGA 850w PSU
Q5 - Parts I *might* reuse: X-Fi Titanium HD, a couple old SATA hard drives, my Logitech Z-5500's, Sennheiser HD 958
Q6 - I will not likely be overclocking.
Q8 - My current monitor is a 21' Dell, resolution: 1920x1080. Likely to change in near future.
Q8 - I plan on the building the PC very very soon.
Q9 - For motherboard features I need SLI support, USB 3.0/USB 3.1 (optional), fast wifi and ethernet,
Q10 - No reusable Windows license. Will be getting Windows 10 64-bit, and installing additional OS (possibly Ubuntu/Mint).
My questions and concerns are primarily I'm unsure which motherboard to get for what I need.. Not sure there's any real justification for going for high-priced motherboards with onboard DAC's. If it's worth reusing my X-fi Titanium HD card. I don't have ethernet access in my room and am plugged into an old linksys router for wifi (my old motherboard doesn't have onboard support).
For cases I'm very picky, I don't like a lot of designs out there and want a plain, sleek and nice look with great airflow and cooling support. My old PC has the original Cooler Master Cosmos, which I love. I will not be reusing this case, however. Not sure I could justify spending the $300 on the Cosmos II. I do like the look of the MasterCase Pro 5, some Fractal and Corsair cases.
I'm a bit of an audio junkie.. and convert a hell of a lot of song files.
I want to play guitar and do illustrations via tablet on my PC, am expecting to shell out for some decent equipment for this later.
Thanks you guys!
Q1 - I will be gaming, playing guitar, listening to music, converting audio files, drawing, programming
Q2 - No budget set. (Expecting roughly a ~$1,500 build for mid-high end)
Q3 - I live in the United States.
Q4 - Parts I've decided on the Skylake I7, most likely a EVGA GTX GPU, EVGA 850w PSU
Q5 - Parts I *might* reuse: X-Fi Titanium HD, a couple old SATA hard drives, my Logitech Z-5500's, Sennheiser HD 958
Q6 - I will not likely be overclocking.
Q8 - My current monitor is a 21' Dell, resolution: 1920x1080. Likely to change in near future.
Q8 - I plan on the building the PC very very soon.
Q9 - For motherboard features I need SLI support, USB 3.0/USB 3.1 (optional), fast wifi and ethernet,
Q10 - No reusable Windows license. Will be getting Windows 10 64-bit, and installing additional OS (possibly Ubuntu/Mint).
My questions and concerns are primarily I'm unsure which motherboard to get for what I need.. Not sure there's any real justification for going for high-priced motherboards with onboard DAC's. If it's worth reusing my X-fi Titanium HD card. I don't have ethernet access in my room and am plugged into an old linksys router for wifi (my old motherboard doesn't have onboard support).
For cases I'm very picky, I don't like a lot of designs out there and want a plain, sleek and nice look with great airflow and cooling support. My old PC has the original Cooler Master Cosmos, which I love. I will not be reusing this case, however. Not sure I could justify spending the $300 on the Cosmos II. I do like the look of the MasterCase Pro 5, some Fractal and Corsair cases.
I'm a bit of an audio junkie.. and convert a hell of a lot of song files.
I want to play guitar and do illustrations via tablet on my PC, am expecting to shell out for some decent equipment for this later.
Thanks you guys!