rays87turbo
Weaksauce
- Joined
- Apr 23, 2008
- Messages
- 83
So, I got a cheap Skulltrail D5400XS board at a local Fry's after seeing a post about it in the hot deals forum. It was open box, but I decided to chance it. The issue I'm having is that the first 2 PCI-e slots do not seem to work.
With a graphics card in one of the first 2 slots, I power up the board, and the graphics card fan spins, I can tell its going through its normal startup routine by looking at the BIOS POST code reader on the board. But I get no video. It goes through various number sequences, then settles at E6, but no video.
Put the card in either of the bottom 2 slots, and it does the same thing, but when it settles on E6, the graphics card slows down and I get video...everything seems to be working fine.
With the graphics card in the 3rd slot, I tried sticking a raid controller in the 1st, and 2nd, and I get the same result. It appears to power up, but it never initializes or loads the raid bios. Stick it in the 4th slot, and it appears to work normally.
Is this board bad, or is there something I'm missing about getting those first 2 slots to work? Looking at Intel's documentation and googling have not turned up anything, so I'm getting ready to take this thing back.
With a graphics card in one of the first 2 slots, I power up the board, and the graphics card fan spins, I can tell its going through its normal startup routine by looking at the BIOS POST code reader on the board. But I get no video. It goes through various number sequences, then settles at E6, but no video.
Put the card in either of the bottom 2 slots, and it does the same thing, but when it settles on E6, the graphics card slows down and I get video...everything seems to be working fine.
With the graphics card in the 3rd slot, I tried sticking a raid controller in the 1st, and 2nd, and I get the same result. It appears to power up, but it never initializes or loads the raid bios. Stick it in the 4th slot, and it appears to work normally.
Is this board bad, or is there something I'm missing about getting those first 2 slots to work? Looking at Intel's documentation and googling have not turned up anything, so I'm getting ready to take this thing back.