'Siri, Kill That Guy'

HardOCP News

[H] News
For the record, I think voice controlled drones would be a horrible, horrible idea. As bad as Siri and other gimmicky programs are, I couldn't imagine trying to control a drone with it. :eek:

In addition to the Siri-style two-way voice exchange, Patzek says the next-gen controls could include smarter, easier-to-interpret computer displays and tactile feedback from the drone to the operator, much in the way an Xbox controller vibrates to alert a player he’s taking damage within a game.

xboxkill.jpg

I think Apple got the idea of Siri from a Japanese Anime called Eden of the East. The main characters just talk to a computer linked to the phones and makes things happen.

People like to forget that voice-control systems have been developed and researched for decades... and accuracy has always peaked below what could be considered reliable.

I think Apple got the idea of Siri from a Japanese Anime called Eden of the East. The main characters just talk to a computer linked to the phones and makes things happen.
Apple got the idea from the company they bought, Siri, who developed Siri.

Maybe Star Trek started it. And Michael Knight always spoke to his voice controlled drone. KARR (and then KITT) were way cooler than SIRI will ever be.

Maybe Star Trek started it. And Michael Knight always spoke to his voice controlled drone. KARR (and then KITT) were way cooler than SIRI will ever be.

Wargames, Weird Science, or maybe Lost in Space. :p

Back