Sintrones In-Vehicle Computing Platform Is Powered by AMD Ryzen Embedded SoC

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Sintrones has harnessed the power the AMD Ryzen embedded V1000 SoC to create the ABOX-5100 in-vehicle computing platform. This device is capable of being a surveillance and license plate reader, used in a self driving car, A.I. Deep Learning & VR, industrial automation and intelligent transportation systems. Learn more about the device specifications here.

... & VR.

VR in your car!

Why do I imagine Tesla owners with a Vive on their head playing saberbeat while autopilot fails to dodge the big red wall.

It doesn't say how much power it draws, but the fact that they don't say tells me it's probably a lot. You wouldn't want that in your electric car!

Product brief for the v1000 soc says 35-54 watts at 3.25 and 3.35GHz configurations. That's 4.5a max at 12v, so you'd want a pretty beefy alternator if it was running balls to the wall. I'd expect it to run at about 20% most of the time in an ivi system, unless it's software decoding video or something like that, so maybe expect around 45w.

You might be able to reduce that if you undervolt and reduce clocks, but then you might as well use a lower end sku.

That's 4.5a max at 12v, so you'd want a pretty beefy alternator if it was running balls to the wall. I'd expect it to run at about 20% most of the time in an ivi system, unless it's software decoding video or something like that, so maybe expect around 45w.

You might be able to reduce that if you undervolt and reduce clocks, but then you might as well use a lower end sku.

I don't know about your car... My 4 door sedan came stock with a 180A alternator. That makes this amount to about 2.5% of the total capacity if it's running balls out. Even if you want to be conservative and run 50% of the alternator load it still is only 5% of your capacity. I don't think the power this draws is really much to worry about.

As for EVs, so the smallest battery the Tesla S has is what 75KWH? So this would run for close to 1400 hours off of one charge. Your car wouldn't even know the difference with this running full bore or completely off.

I don't know about your car... My 4 door sedan came stock with a 180A alternator. That makes this amount to about 2.5% of the total capacity if it's running balls out. Even if you want to be conservative and run 50% of the alternator load it still is only 5% of your capacity. I don't think the power this draws is really much to worry about.

As for EVs, so the smallest battery the Tesla S has is what 75KWH? So this would run for close to 1400 hours off of one charge. Your car wouldn't even know the difference with this running full bore or completely off.
I have a wimpy little passenger car with something like a 105-130a alternator. You're probably right, although that's just the SoC power draw, everything else should be pretty insignificant in comparison.

As far as EVs go, I don't have one, so I don't really care about them.

Back